Stroller - Bring or Rent?

Jenevra

We have a 2 1/2 year old we're taking to Disney at the end of May, and we're flying from Cleveland. Should we bring our own stroller, or rent the ones they have at the parks? Is it relatively easy to bring them on planes these days if we go that route?

Thanks,
Jen

2excitedkids

there are numerous threads concerning this. we just went in feb, and bought our own $40 stroller, we never used one around home. we definitely saved money this way, and could push it all the way to the van. as far as flying and luggage, can't help you there have never flown before

Upvote 0

Ausdaddy

We have a 2 1/2 year old we're taking to Disney at the end of May, and we're flying from Cleveland. Should we bring our own stroller, or rent the ones they have at the parks? Is it relatively easy to bring them on planes these days if we go that route?

Thanks,
Jen

Bring your own. As mentioned, you're never without it and it's much easier to spot your stroller in a crowd of them. Also, your stroller is likely to be more comfortable than Disney's.

As far as the travel, you simply take your stroller to the gate, ask the gate agent to give you a gate check tag and leave it by the airplane door in the jetway. When you get off the plane, wait for it at the same spot and they will bring it to you. Pretty easy.

Upvote 0

ErickainPA

Taking a stroller on the plane is simple. Just take to security fold it, put it on the belt, let your child walk or carry him/her through the scan and get the stroller to take to the gate. At the gate ask for a gate check tag and once you reach your destination (if connecting, they can have it available for you) they will have it at the gate for you to pick up. Makes getting around the airports easy, plus using it on the resort property is a major plus.

Upvote 0

bears163

i totally agree with all the above. one added note is when you are going to & leaving places such as the airport or the parks it is so much easier to have that stroller.

Upvote 0

bcornette

The only pain with bringing your own stroller is if you are going to use the WDW buses. If it is busy having a stroller can be a real pain.
If you are going to have a vehicle while you are there it makes it very convenient, just push your kid all the way to the car.
Don't forget that you are allowed to bring in coolers as well. With a stroller bringing in snacks and juiceboxes is very convenient also.

Upvote 0

Laura

Premium Member
I always bring my own strollers. There's a lot of walking to be done around the resorts and other places outside of where you can rent one. The only time having our own stroller was an inconvenience was getting on and off the trams, but being able to use the strollers at the resorts and such made up for it.

Plus I can't see blowing so much money every day to rent something I already own...

Upvote 0

CAPTAIN HOOK

For convenience - bring your own. A foldable stroller can be carried on the aircraft with the baggage and having landed it can be used while you prepare to leave the airport. Once at Disney there's no standing in line to rent (or return) and if you venture away from Disney you still have your own stroller to use.

Upvote 0

happymom52003

Bring your own for sure. It can be a long walk to your bus stop at some of the parks (at least it seems long at night when you have a tired toddler!) and you will be glad to have it. Just make sure it is easy to fold and lightweight. We really like our travel stroller from One Step Ahead.....so much so that I use it for my daughter all together now when we are home. I like that it has a carrying strap....makes it easier to drag on and off the busses. As far as the airport goes, taking a stroller is a breeze except it is a pain to fold it up and and take it through security, BUT it would be much harder to have your toddler walking at the airport.
http://www.onestepahead.com/catalog...Id=85184&categoryId=85219&subCategoryId=86216

Upvote 0

Disneysue

In the Parks
No
Opinion from a kidless travler

Speaking as someone who dodges strollers left and right PLEASE GOD do not bring a massive SUV stroller that will end up holding more bags and your toddler walking next to it. Just bring an umbrella stroller. That way if yours "accidentally" gets taken by someone else you wont be out $8000 for your huge SUV stroller. And the people without stollers on the busses wont get their toes smashed when you try and wrangle the HUGE SUV stroller onto the bus with your exhaused and cranky toddler. Umbrella stoller much easier to lug around. And carry a pack with fruit snacks in it and toss a sport bottle under the umbrella stoller for a sip now & then. The less you have to tote around the better!

Upvote 0

kreiderr

Based on a great deal of past experience, bring your own. Get one of those little "banana" strollers" that fold up is light weight. They are easier to get around the park, easier getting to and from the bus, You don't have to worry about returning it. Just check it in when you board the plane, it's waiting for you when you get off. Those Disney strollers are just a pain in the butt.

Upvote 0

Pooh88

Either way have mercy and drive with caution. Can't tell you how many strollers I have been hit with at WDW! Get an ankle bruise very time....Some people use them like bulldozers to get people out of the way. Scary. Have also seen people use them with kids WAY beyond stroller age. I appeal to all those with young children, if your child IS too big (and you CAN tell) be a parent and make them walk. There are already too many strollers in WDW. It may mean your child gets tired and you have to take a brake but taking a break is a good thing.

Upvote 0

DisneyChik17

Speaking as someone who dodges strollers left and right PLEASE GOD do not bring a massive SUV stroller that will end up holding more bags and your toddler walking next to it. Just bring an umbrella stroller. That way if yours "accidentally" gets taken by someone else you wont be out $8000 for your huge SUV stroller. And the people without stollers on the busses wont get their toes smashed when you try and wrangle the HUGE SUV stroller onto the bus with your exhaused and cranky toddler. Umbrella stoller much easier to lug around. And carry a pack with fruit snacks in it and toss a sport bottle under the umbrella stoller for a sip now & then. The less you have to tote around the better!

I could not agree more! I don't know why, but some people with strollers think they are 007 or something.

Also, I saw a woman carry her kid and a double umbrella stroller with a good deal of ease onto the bus. Go for an umbrella stroller.

Upvote 0

Kristamouse

I have two kids DS3 and DD 2 and we have the hugh SUV stroller, what else should I use for two kids???? We love it for confort but hate for manuvering and do our best not to hit people in the ankels or toes. We also do not use WDW transporation, we drive, so I am no help on the buses with my big guy. I do have a Chicco stroller, for the random times I only have one of the kids with me. It is great, reclines a bit, has a small basket for some items, rain cover and the best part a carrying sleeve (like for fold up outdoor chairs) and a strap. Put the stoller on one shoulder have the baby by the hand should be easy for the busses. I love this stroller and can't wait till I just need it and not the big guy.

Upvote 0

ErickainPA

Krista - I have seen people with the big strollers and they have usually no problems with the buses that have the sideways seats on them, the others are tricky evenwith a smaller stroller, they just need to have one parent with the kids and the other handling the stroller.

"Gotta love the people that cut in front of you when you are pushing a stroller, then if you get their heel (because they decided at the last second to literally cut in front of you to get to the other side) they give you a look, I just say well don't cut in front of me and expect me to be able to stop in a milli-second. That shuts them up." Gotta say I love when huge groups of people decide we are just going to stop right here in the middle of the walkway and let people either have to walk just about into the bushes or wait for us to move. Sorry had to vent. :)

Upvote 0

AndyJo0930

I am also a mother with two kids. They were 1 and 3 the first time we brought them to Disney. I have one of the BIG SUV strollers, but as the other poster said, what would you want me to bring??? It might be an inconvenience to those who have no children, but for those who do, this is the only practical way to go. Disney is a HUGE place, and if my kids were not strapped in their stroller going from place to place, they could have gotten trampled by an older person rushing to get to their next place. Yes, an umbrella stroller would have been easier on everybody, but sometimes that is just not practical.

Upvote 0

summergirl32

I usually bring our stroller for use at DTD and around the resort but when in the parks we rent a stroller. I hate carrying the stroller on the buses. You have to be so careful-too much stress. I like renting strollers because if it rains, I don't worry about it getting wet and if I want to ditch it at one train depot and pick up another one at the next, I can.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom