Stressing our trip on 10/1, need mouse money magic!!

Kristamouse

We are booked to arrived at PORS on Oct 1st. We have made some payments but still have a balance due on 8/18. I am stressing the remainder of the balance because of some unexpceted broken applicacnces (our dishwasher and our oven went out 24 hrs apart:brick:) and an oddly late medical bill from the birth of our son in April (though that was paid off in May BEFORE the booking of the trip :brick:and just found about the bill yesterday fingers crossed insurance will come through has not been submitted yet)
We do have a car for sale on Auto trader, Cars.com, newspaper and craigs list and were just hoping to save the money...am now getting worried about paying the balance before the 18th...
Just wanted to vent I knew my fellow disney addicts would understand! This our first trip for longer than 4 days and 1st in a mod, which we have to stay in b/c of 4 kids. We work very hard for our vacations and save all year, these unexpected things just really have me stressed and bummed out...hoping for some Disney Magic to get our car sold in time!

Nemo14

I understand how stressful this is -I know we had our share of financial difficulties, but if money is that tight, and you're trying to raise 4 little ones, have you considered just cancelling the trip, or at the very least, shortening it this year?

Upvote 0

Dwarful

We are followers of Dave Ramsey ...so I'd say beans and rice, rice and beans..live like no one else so later you can live like no one else. Not sure if you have any areas in your household budget where you can cut back, but you might try that as well.

Upvote 0

wizards8507

Not meaning to be a jacka**, but how can people commit to expenses like a WDW vacation without being absolutely sure they can afford it? If you can't pay for the vacation up front, it seems irresponsible to book.... I don't mean to judge, but c'mon.

Upvote 0

Kristamouse

Original Poster
After all of our applainces issues we then needed a new Garage Door...:brick:eek:ur mini van is still for sale.....
But the Pixie Dust prevailed! DH did some painting and work my b*tt off on Ebay and we paid our balance off in full without charging anything!!
To the OP that followes Dave Ramsey, we did all of the baby steps and we are working on paying our house off. The plan works and this trip was a reward. Not sure how Dave would feel about using our "blow money" on a trip and not our house debt...but we feel like we earned it.
Thank you WDWmagic for all of your kind words, I hope you all were able to scrap some cash together and go as well!

Upvote 0

Dwarful

Congratulations!!!!! Dave would probably say he wouldn't do it....but I would! lol. Sometimes when you work so hard you need that reward to keep you going. The fact that you didn't charge anything and stayed within budget is great. Now just keep doing that ebay and you'll have your spending money so you won't be tempted to charge when you get there.

Upvote 0

FuseFly.com

Not meaning to be a jacka**, but how can people commit to expenses like a WDW vacation without being absolutely sure they can afford it? If you can't pay for the vacation up front, it seems irresponsible to book.... I don't mean to judge, but c'mon.

You obviously don't get Disney - what a shame!

Oh, and you are being a Jack***!

Upvote 0

Kristamouse

Original Poster
You will know us, 4 kids under six and some very crazy parents!
We are from KY are you all driving? We love to stop in Ladon and eat at the Log Cabin...
See you there Michale in TN:wave:

Upvote 0

mickeysshoes

Really glad it all worked out for you. Go and forget about the real world while there and just enjoy the family, Disney and very thing you work so hard for!!! The real world will be waiting for your return. :sohappy:

Upvote 0

fosse76

Maybe if you had read the original post, you would have known that your assumption is incorrect. It was a series of recent events that caused the problems.

Upvote 0

lighteningqueen

Down size to mods for sure. Cut out the hopper if you have one and then maybe park days cut out a day or so. Values are great places to stay and cost you much less. The suites at Music allow 6 people in them and they are the best thing since sliced bread as they say. 2 bathrooms 2 tvs and a living room for all to sit in at one time and not on the bed.

Also they only allow 7 days beyond your due date and you have to call them and tell them this. Do Not assume if will be OK

Upvote 0

ErickainPA

Down size to mods for sure. Cut out the hopper if you have one and then maybe park days cut out a day or so. Values are great places to stay and cost you much less. The suites at Music allow 6 people in them and they are the best thing since sliced bread as they say. 2 bathrooms 2 tvs and a living room for all to sit in at one time and not on the bed.

Also they only allow 7 days beyond your due date and you have to call them and tell them this. Do Not assume if will be OK

When I priced out trip, we have 3 kids so we have to have mods, deluxe, cabins or the music suites, it was more expensive to get a music suite than just get a moderate room.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
When I priced out trip, we have 3 kids so we have to have mods, deluxe, cabins or the music suites, it was more expensive to get a music suite than just get a moderate room.
While it is more expensive you are getting more for your money. You are increasing your square footage by around 75%, you gain a bathroom and a TV and the mini kitchen can be a big plus. I have done 2 rooms at a value, 1 moderate room and the value suite and of those 3 options the value suite will win out.

Upvote 0

ErickainPA

While it is more expensive you are getting more for your money. You are increasing your square footage by around 75%, you gain a bathroom and a TV and the mini kitchen can be a big plus. I have done 2 rooms at a value, 1 moderate room and the value suite and of those 3 options the value suite will win out.

In a few years it will be worth it as my kids get older. But this year it was over $600 more for the suite for our trip, and since our kids are all under 5 (our oldest will turn 4 on Sunday) an extra bathroom just meant worrying about the kids getting in there and playing in the water, we will be out too much to worry about tv and well, I don't plan on making anything on the trip since it's free dining, so for this year will save a lot of money by being able to do a moderate that will sleep all of us comfortably.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom