Streets of America Development Watch (no longer DEMO)

DinoInstitute

Seeing this photo, I can see how Star Tours *could* connect to SWL.
In the middle, but off to the side. Getting rid of SoA will make a path to SWL from ST.
While it could technically connect, I don't know how well it would work. Theming the ST area as part of it would kind of kill the "grand reveal", and it feels too small to make it a part of a highly themed SWL.

HauntedMansionFLA

I did a video walking from Star Tours specifically to see how/if they manage to do it. It's at the start of this old demolition video.

They could always try to make an exit from Star Tours go directly into Star Wars Land and have the direct entrance into the land like in the video. If there is a way to make a exit go behind Muppets and feed into SWL, cool way to enter the experience.

WhatJaneSays

I think several insiders have stated no star yours for swl and that it the attraction would be rethemed to something else entirely.
Not that I've heard of. There was speculation that Disneyland's may get a re-theme, but that's a rumor that's been around pre-SWland. There have been statements that Star Tours would not be relocated, so it would not be in SWland.

Sped2424

Not that I've heard of. There was speculation that Disneyland's may get a re-theme, but that's a rumor that's been around pre-SWland. There have been statements that Star Tours would not be relocated, so it would not be in SWland.
Meaning yes it won't be in swl. I remember someone on here stating a retheme for the attraction after swl is open was a high possibility.

WDWtraveler

Photo update as of Saturday, Sept. 17. All that is left of the faux New York skyline at the end of Streets of America is the Chrysler building.

IMG_8336.JPG

IMG_8337.JPG

The below photo is the end of Commissary Lane, with the Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater Restaurant on the right. The construction wall has been moved out to the street edge, eliminating the shaded seating area that was under the skyline facades and trees. On the left behind the trees is the one remaining skyline building façade for the Chrysler building.

IMG_8342.JPG

ParksAndPixels

In the Parks
Yes
Photo update as of Saturday, Sept. 17. All that is left of the faux New York skyline at the end of Streets of America is the Chrysler building.

View attachment 162936

View attachment 162937

The below photo is the end of Commissary Lane, with the Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater Restaurant on the right. The construction wall has been moved out to the street edge, eliminating the shaded seating area that was under the skyline facades and trees. On the left behind the trees is the one remaining skyline building façade for the Chrysler building.

View attachment 162938

Looks like they may be getting ready to remove those trees based on where they moved the fence.

You want to sit down? You have to go inside a restaurant... *evil laugh* kidding... or am I? ;)

HauntedMansionFLA

18m18 minutes ago
bioreconstruct ‏@bioreconstruct
View of the last DHS Streets of America block of facades. This view previously blocked by skyscraper facades.

21m21 minutes ago
View of sole standing Chrysler building of the end of street skyscrapers. As seen from Sci Fi Dine-In.

22m22 minutes ago
Only the Chrysler building remains of the end of the street skyscraper backdrop at Disney's Hollywood Studios

38m38 minutes ago
Streets of America facades still up near Muppets Courtyard, but inside the Star Wars Land construction fence.

HauntedMansionFLA

41m41 minutes ago
Equipment staged at end of Pixar Place in Disney's Hollywood Studios.

42m42 minutes ago
South side of Toy Story Mania at DHS. Seems like this building will remain as part of portal to Toy Story Land.

43m43 minutes ago
Tall photo, north side of Toy Story Mania at DHS. Seems like a crane has arrived to build Toy Story Land.

roj2323

43m43 minutes ago
Tall photo, north side of Toy Story Mania at DHS. Seems like a crane has arrived to build Toy Story Land.

This Crane is a great sign folks. The photo was taken between Toy story and Capt jack which means the crane in the area of the rollercoaster. Additionally there's a long auger bit attached which means they are drilling the foundation piers instead of pounding in I beams. This equals a much faster rate of installation potentially.

DinoInstitute

This Crane is a great sign folks. The photo was taken between Toy story and Capt jack which means the crane in the area of the rollercoaster. Additionally there's a long auger bit attached which means they are drilling the foundation piers instead of pounding in I beams. This equals a much faster rate of installation potentially.
That's good to hear. Could this mean anything significant do you think regarding timeline?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom