Streets of America Development Watch (no longer DEMO)

TheOrangeBird01

Star Wars Land vs. a street that was unused 10 months of the year.

I've said this before, but SoA was one of my favourite places in WDW. It was quiet, and stood on its own. That area didn't need a big attraction or something to distract you, it was just a simple street with LOTS of detail. We need the quiet areas like SoA to balance out the chaos of The World.

Call me crazy but I would have liked to keep SoA and have a smaller Star Wars land (or maybe it would have been bigger since they wouldn't have had to tear down the facades ...).

Sped2424

I also thought some of the structures would be reskinned but that is clearly not the case. It appears they thought it better to go with a blank canvas. The Disney Difference.
giphy.gif

wdizneew

DHS wasn't designed to be a true theme park. It was designed to be a studio with a theme park attached. If the studio was still active the park would have had purpose and direction. That said, the Studio portion of the park obviously never caught on but it wan't due to the guests. Instead the failure of the Production studio was entirely Disney's fault as there was less production work than anticipated in the area and Disney wasn't really interested in putting a lot of money into making the Florida production studio a thing when everything (including the actors) is incredibly well established in California. Honestly DHS is a case of trying to make Florida into something it wasn't and DHS really should have never been built. The DHS reimagining that's just starting now is an effort to fix this major design flaw and while it's painful to see changes to portions of the park people loved, the reimagined park will be true theme park instead of a miss mash and ultimately it will become more popular and more importantly to Disney, more profitable when it's done.

Isn't it interesting how the idea of Disney-MGM Studios/DHS was first started as the Great Moments at the Movies pavilion for Epcot?
37d18380.jpg

It was basically going to be The Great Movie Ride at Epcot but then they thought they could grow that concept into its own park. Now we're going to lose GMR and the studio theme. Oh how we have come full circle....

EOD K9

Isn't it interesting how the idea of Disney-MGM Studios/DHS was first started as the Great Moments at the Movies pavilion for Epcot?
37d18380.jpg

It was basically going to be The Great Movie Ride at Epcot but then they thought they could grow that concept into its own park. Now we're going to lose GMR and the studio theme. Oh how we have come full circle....
I know the image is from Ep. V, however....
image.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom