Streets of America Development Watch (no longer DEMO)

Next Big Thing

Anyone have any pictures?
There's quite a few recent SOA demo pics here: https://twitter.com/bioreconstruct

I'm not about to take every single image embed them over here, but if someone else wants to, then go right ahead. Mostly looks like LMA destruction and more SOA facades down (by HISTK play area). Also a bulldozer showed up right near former BLT entrance/facade.

brb1006

Cq4Ld96WcAEYjFb.jpg
Cq4L-RMW8AAh-qO.jpg

Ismael Flores

Demolishing this section of the park is shortsighted. Disney spends millions of dollars adding detailed facades to show buildings, and these were already constructed and could be ready to be used as entrances to new attractions set in an urban environment. Zootopia ride anyone? Star Wars land now that it will not be tied to the existing Star Tours attraction (another mistake) should have been built on an expansion plot.
I like the zootopia idea although they would also have to do lots of detail work to make it match the look of the movie as well. It my he movie had lots of detail including different size doors and windows.

I think Star Wars land will be closer to star tours than most people think. The facades that were against muppets courtyard have been removed. Those facades ended at a point that the tattooing facades started. With the removal of this facades they can easily expand
A) the tattooine environment
B) Endor

Since the outside of star tours has an Endor look a transition from lush forest to the rock work of the new Star Wars can easily be worked in.

Muppets courtyard transition can also be created using the same landscape. Disney has done great jobs with transitions before.

When flocks fun fair was built we all wondered how a oversize bugs area would work with the DCA tower.
They did a great job in crating themes walls in the tower side and then breaking up the pathway with a large planter of bamboo and plants. Now the area looks like if it is the hotels garden. From flicks fun fair the illusion of being shrunk works even better with a huge managing tower looming over the small patch of garden.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I like the zootopia idea although they would also have to do lots of detail work to make it match the look of the movie as well. It my he movie had lots of detail including different size doors and windows.

I think Star Wars land will be closer to star tours than most people think. The facades that were against muppets courtyard have been removed. Those facades ended at a point that the tattooing facades started. With the removal of this facades they can easily expand
A) the tattooine environment
B) Endor

Since the outside of star tours has an Endor look a transition from lush forest to the rock work of the new Star Wars can easily be worked in.

Muppets courtyard transition can also be created using the same landscape. Disney has done great jobs with transitions before.

When flocks fun fair was built we all wondered how a oversize bugs area would work with the DCA tower.
They did a great job in crating themes walls in the tower side and then breaking up the pathway with a large planter of bamboo and plants. Now the area looks like if it is the hotels garden. From flicks fun fair the illusion of being shrunk works even better with a huge managing tower looming over the small patch of garden.

@marni1971 has already said that the Star Wars land will not be connected to Star Tours

DuckTalesWooHoo1987

Oh man this one hurts. I can not tell you how often I looked forward to getting a cinnamon bun at the Writer's Shop and setting on a bench back there and eating it with some coffee. I always thought it was kind of the best place to get a little peace in all of Disneyworld. I wish Disney could make a sort of "Retirement Home" park and just relocate all the attractions they are doing away with in one park to the new Retirement Home park so all of us that love certain things would never have to give them up. LOL!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom