'Strange World' Disney's 2022 Animated Film

DCBaker

Premium Member
New trailer -

Poster -

FdLN9ASaMAETSL_.jpeg

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Hm, I'm conflicted on this one. I LOVED the vibe from the original teasers, but this trailer does nothing for me. The cast doesn't seem likeable, and the lines that I think are supposed to be jokes don't hit with any actual humor.

I thought it was going to be more mysterious with a touch of spooky, but instead they went with slapstick and wacky.

I'm expecting mind-blowing visuals with completely forgettable characters (a la Rogue One).

Ghost93

I loved the first trailer but didn't like the second. I agree that this feels weirdly like an early 2000s Disney movie. Now I happened to like Atlantis and Treasure Planet and thought Meet the Robinsons is better than its reputation, but all of those were commercial dissapointments.

Ghost93

Everyone stay clear of this one, it looks like a bomb. Terrible ... absolutely terrible. I don't know if they have been using new outside "talent" or what, but it doesn't look like a Disney film. It looks like the characters that didn't make it into Buzz Lightyear.

I'm not even going to watch it for free on Disney+.
I mean, I'd at least wait for the reviews. I thought Tangled and Frozen would both be terrible from the marketing, and those are now among my favorite Disney films.

Don't get me wrong, I think there is a good chance Strange World could be a disaster, but I think pre-emptively refusing to watch a movie that hasn't been released yet makes little sense.

Magenta Panther

This trailer confirms my first thoughts on this film: unappealing characters (some are downright ugly, thanks to below-par character design), a storyline that fails to intrigue or inspire (why should we care about the dad finding HIS dad?) and an uninteresting fantasy world. This does not look like a Disney film. No magic, no charm, no visual beauty. This is sad. Some are comparing it to Treasure Planet, but Planet had absolutely beautiful visuals, wonderful character designs, and real personality (I love Dr. Doppler and Long John Silver in particular). This has FAIL written all over it. We'll see how it does at the box office...

Magenta Panther

I mean, I'd at least wait for the reviews. I thought Tangled and Frozen would both be terrible from the marketing, and those are now among my favorite Disney films.

Don't get me wrong, I think there is a good chance Strange World could be a disaster, but I think pre-emptively refusing to watch a movie that hasn't been released yet makes little sense.

Film trailers are created to lure viewers. If you don't find this trailer alluring, maybe that's all you need to know...

mf1972

i’ll wait for the reviews, but will probably wait it out until it hits disney+. i’ll admit this trailer didn’t leave much of an impression, & made me think of a current thread about the quality of their animated movies as of late

Phroobar

This feels very Disney+ to me. The characters designs are very generic for an animated movie. Even Bolt had better character design. It's like something from Sony or a Chinese film maker would make. It is too slapstick. I bet this cost more than all of the minions movies combined.

MickeyMouse10

I'm usually on the money with this sort of thing. Like someone else said "The trailer didn't grab me." and I wanted to be grabbed. The characters are so bland I have no reason to want to watch it any further. Give us a cute alien or something. Disney seems like they've been less able to create new lovable characters. And less able to tell a complete story with layers.

With Tangled and Frozen I knew it would be great just from the trailer. Plus it's Disney's bread and butter, they are much less likely to screw up a Princess movie.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom