'Strange World' Disney's 2022 Animated Film

Ghost93

I think to appease TP2000 and to prevent him from continuing to beat a dead horse, Splash Mountain should be rethemed to "TP2000's Burbank Adventure!"

The ride follows Bob Chapek on the run from a random animatronic Chihuahua who keeps popping out of nowhere to remind him of Disney's box office failures. His catchphrase — repeated 20 times in the ride — is "Burbank can't be happy about this!" As you go up the lift hill, Bob Chapek yells to angry shareholders "Please don't throw me out of the Walt Disney Company!" The drop symbolizes Chapek being thrown out of the company. The "Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah" segment at the end is replaced with shareholders celebrating Bob Iger's return and Avatar: The Way of Water's box office success. Despite the celebration, the random Chihuahua gets one final punchline, "but what about merchandise sales!?! I don't see any kids dressed as Na'vi for Halloween!"

After the ride, at the former Briar Patch shop, children can buy T-Shirts, plushies and mugs with the Chihuahua shaking a martini with the tagline "Burbank!"

BuddyThomas

Halle Berie’s recent quote about her playing Ariel in The Little Mermaid also applies in this thread:

“Halle, speaking about the significance of playing Ariel, said, “I know what it would've meant to me as a little girl to have been able to see a black Ariel when I was younger, she says. "If I would've seen that, it would have changed my whole outlook on life.”

Same applies to me and many others if we had seen anything like Strange World when we were kids.

Chi84

Premium Member
Halle Berie’s recent quote about her playing Ariel in The Little Mermaid also applies in this thread:

“Halle, speaking about the significance of playing Ariel, said, “I know what it would've meant to me as a little girl to have been able to see a black Ariel when I was younger, she says. "If I would've seen that, it would have changed my whole outlook on life.”

Same applies to me and many others if we had seen anything like Strange World when we were kids.
Some of the posters in this thread have taken the position that race (unlike same-sex relationships) isn’t a blip on anyone’s radar and hasn’t been for 40 years. What prompted that quote by Halle, I wonder?

Last edited:

DKampy

Agreed 100 percent…I have a nephew who recently came out but knew he was gay in high school… he has mentioned how tough it was to have a crush on a fellow student but not able to talk about it with anyone… the more exposure to different people the better

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom