Storytime with Belle...That's it?!?

flynnibus

Premium Member
I see those shows that take a volunteer as different. In this case, the non volunteers are going to be just an arm's length away, not separated by a wide space (like the academy).

At olivanders everyone is right there with the chosen child just stepping forward.

They had meeting ops after the story previously. It could be an issue with continuous shows but I'm sure that timing aspect is something they are watching during tests.

LithiumBill

One thing I did notice after watching two or three different videos... There are two rooms, one to the left and one tow the right of the wardrobe... does that mean two different Belle's?

Call me stupid, I just never realized there were two rooms (duh), so that means at any given time there would be four groups of people moving through the attraction... Inside the cottage, inside the workshop, inside the hallway, and inside one library, and as the next group cycles into library two, the others move forward one room?

I can see why they'd need soft openings!

RSoxNo1

There were audible gasps at the mirror effect, it was far and away the best part. The wardrobe animatronic is cool, and Lumiere is very impressive, but ultimately it was the mirror that impressed me the most. As for the show itself, the appeal is really just to see your child and/or other family member participate in the story. It's akin to the World Showcase Players, but without the comedy.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
There were audible gasps at the mirror effect, it was far and away the best part. The wardrobe animatronic is cool, and Lumiere is very impressive, but ultimately it was the mirror that impressed me the most. As for the show itself, the appeal is really just to see your child and/or other family member participate in the story. It's akin to the World Showcase Players, but without the comedy.

And having spend over 20 years in community theater that is a MASSIVE appeal, especially when tallking about children preforming.

alissafalco

The appeal is to meet Belle, not to see a cheap paper cut out pre-school painful play.

Buried20KLeague

At olivanders everyone is right there with the chosen child just stepping forward.

They had meeting ops after the story previously. It could be an issue with continuous shows but I'm sure that timing aspect is something they are watching during tests.

I didn't see the olivanders show when we were there... I couldn't stomach standing in the line to enter a shop. o_O

Isn't the olivanders shop show aimed at a slightly older demographic though? This Belle thing looks aimed at 3-5 year olds... Kids that might not process not being included well.

But like I said before, if everyone that wants to be involved is allowed to, and if everyone gets their time with Belle, the point is fairly moot. I still don't like the skit deal, but it is what it is.

TalkingHead

I find it puzzling that after you walk through the mirror door, the first thing you see in the room is...the side of the Armoire AA.

Seems that it would be far more impressive to meet the Armoire head-on at the opposite end of the room, so that you'd be drawn into the space.

I'm sure there's some logistical reason why they chose to do it this way, right?

alissafalco

I didn't see the olivanders show when we were there... I couldn't stomach standing in the line to enter a shop. o_O

Isn't the olivanders shop show aimed at a slightly older demographic though? This Belle thing looks aimed at 3-5 year olds... Kids that might not process not being included well.

But like I said before, if everyone that wants to be involved is allowed to, and if everyone gets their time with Belle, the point is fairly moot. I still don't like the skit deal, but it is what it is.

Same here. I would never wait on a four hour line for any attraction, which was the case when we were there last Nov., so I didn't see it either.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Well like most popular things... If you plan you can minimize your investment. We waited about 40min for the show and managed to make my youngest a prime candidate and she got selected for the show :)

As for age.. Honestly I believe people raise spoiled brats at all ages.. And those are going to far out weigh any efforts about what age can cope or not, etc.

My middle child is by far the bigger hp fan, but she respected that my youngest was buying into the show more and getting picked would mean so much more to her sister than her. So she had no problem trying to put her little sister before her.

twinnstar

aw, cmon! i dont have kids yet, but that looks adorable! would you call me a creep if i went in anyway? haha

i personally was SO underwhelmed by Ollivanders experience, and it had nothing to do with the involvement of the kids with the CM - but the enormously long (2 hour line) buildup to absolutely nothing. Wow, i saw some boxes shake! Woopadeedoo! But this has awesome animatronics, and looks much more fun, even if its mainly for little kids.

Prototype82

aw, cmon! i dont have kids yet, but that looks adorable! would you call me a creep if i went in anyway? haha

i personally was SO underwhelmed by Ollivanders experience, and it had nothing to do with the involvement of the kids with the CM - but the enormously long (2 hour line) buildup to absolutely nothing. Wow, i saw some boxes shake! Woopadeedoo! But this has awesome animatronics, and looks much more fun, even if its mainly for little kids.
Harry Potter clearly wasn't a dear part of your childhood...

The wand chooses the wizard....

Skyway

Clearly you did not attend storytine with Belle in the past. The story is meant for the young and the young at heart. It is fantasyland after all.

Yeah, why on earth is everyone complaining now, but never complained about the original Belle show?

The reason? They don't like seeing high tech upgrades going into an attraction they themselves are not interested in.

It's like if Disney put its most sophisticated animatronic in the Baby Care Center to entertain nursing moms and dads doing diaper changes. What harm is that? Just because you may not feel comfortable going in to see it does not make it bad.

And don't blame Disney for "hyping" this. This attraction was the least known detail of FLE. If anything, the company seems to have under-hyped it and created a little surprise.

No one is criticizing the Mermaid M&G for being nearly identical to the one that existed earlier. But when they relocate "Belle" to a new theater and make major improvements to the show, that's somehow bad?

ExtinctJenn

adorable-puppies.jpg

tinkerbell1620

After watching the newest Imagineer tour of Storytime with Belle I have a disturbing feeling.
I feel that the attraction will be absolutely boring for adults, especially those without kids, and teens.

Maurice's cottage looks great, but that is just the cue of the attraction.
The magic mirror looks amazing...and that takes you into Belle's library.
The talking wardrobe is fantastic and fun....but then.....

The cast member starts handing out cardboard picture frames, horse heads, and mockups of the dog/footstool.
She throws a cloth cape on a kid to play The Beast and then they are going to be part of the retelling of Beauty and the Beast. (Yes, not even The Beast shows up....you get some little kid playing The Beast...seriously?!)

That's It?!?!? That's all we get after all of this time, money and build up. We get to be trapped in a room while we watch little kids reenact the story of Beauty and the Beast? No changing scenery? No moving us through the ride or revolving stage like Carousel of Progress? Just a cast member playing Belle, 6 or 7 little kids with cardboard props, and a room where we have to sit and watch them act it out?!

Explain to me how this meets with Walt Disney's vision of having attractions fun for kids AND adults?
The only adults that can thoroughly enjoy this are the parents of the kids in the show. Everyone else gets to watch and be bored like you are in Turtle Talk with Crush.

Why do the Disney suits have to tailor everything toward only kids now?

So if I have no kids, and want to check out Storytime with Belle here is what is going to happen.
1) I wait in a ridiculously long cue just to walk through Maurice's cottage.
2) I shuffle into a little room with a group of other people to watch the show and there is nothing else for me to dobut to watch the kids perform. Yawn.
3) Meanwhile the next group will have to wait for (probably 10 minutes) the show to end and the next group to come in.
This is not Philharmagic where an auditorium of people can file in and move the line quickly. This is a small group show.

I see a major problem with this attraction. No dark ride, no fast moving flow of peope, just walk and wait. It seems very much like ToonTown and walking through Mickey's cottage. As an adult it is fun once to check it out....and I never went back there again.

IF this is all Storytime with Belle is going to be....I see a tremendous missed opportunity by Disney imagineers to make this something even more special and inclusive.

I am curious to hear everyone's feedback, or if someone has more information that can prove me wrong.

I get what your saying to a certain extent but hey I'm 20 and am still willing to try! I did sit threw turtle talk and lOved it lol, I'm sure this ride will be a hit!! I do see where your coming from about the wait time. Yikes!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom