Storybook Circus Giggle Gang

Rpearson

I hope everyone forgives me as I know optimism is not well received on these forums, but I for one am very excited. Shows like these show that streetmosphere is alive and well! Personally its always been one of my favorite practices of Disney Imagineering. Its only natural that clowns will appear in a Circus area so I for one welcome what sounds like a fun addition of live theming to an already charming area. Plus atmospheric shows like these really breath life into an area that you would otherwise pass thorugh to get to a ride. They give the atmosphere a purpose.

Patricia Melton

I really am loving the Giggle Gang. They are so silly and zany!

I love any kind of "streetmosphere". Wish every area of the park had a troupe like this.

Would be a lot of fun to have spacemen/aliens in Tomorrowland...explorers from the Adventurer's Club in Adventureland...pioneers in Frontierland...etc.

Maybe someday.

I also agree with several others in this thread when they've said that it's "cool" in pop-culture to rag on clowns or claim to be afraid of them. That's been a thing since the 1990s. It's pretty cliche at this point for any TV show to have an episode where a character is terrified by clowns. Lazy writing on the part of sitcoms.

I remember taking my kids to Barnum & Bailey when they were kids. I doubt I will ever attend another circus now that they are grown and if I ever have grandkids I don't know if I would take them to a circus (as we'd probably go to Disney on Ice instead). I take my niece and nephew to Disney on Ice and they have never had an interest in driving up to see a circus.

But, clowns are a big part of circuses and they had a big role in Dumbo. It's totally organic and natural to have the Giggle Gang in Storybook Circus. I think they add an energy to the place and some silliness/fun. Makes the area seem really lived in and alive.

BigThunderMatt

31624945.jpg

cheezbat

I hate clowns.

They do creep me out, but I honestly don't thjnk they belong in the Magic Kingdom.
When I think of clowns I think of cheap circus acts, freak shows, pedophiles, the Joker, Stephen Kings IT, and carnies.
All of that is so not Disney...so I'm very annoyed that they're spending money on them, when they could use it elsewhere in entertainment.

I hope they don't last.

The Empress Lilly

I hate clowns.

They do creep me out, but I honestly don't thjnk they belong in the Magic Kingdom.
When I think of clowns I think of cheap circus acts, freak shows, pedophiles, the Joker, Stephen Kings IT, and carnies.
All of that is so not Disney...so I'm very annoyed that they're spending money on them, when they could use it elsewhere in entertainment.

I hope they don't last.
Clowns are not just for paedophiles and freak shows! Six Flags employs a lot of clowns too!
They feel a better fit there, in Six Flags' circus area.

Ciciwoowoo

I think the clowns are a fantastic addition! I would love to see some of the acts that are performed at the Boardwalk at night strolling around as well.

As for those of you who are afraid of clowns, rest assured, the dolls of Small World will keep you safe. They've told me so.

Ha ha Ha!

Figment2005

I think the clowns are a fantastic addition! I would love to see some of the acts that are performed at the Boardwalk at night strolling around as well.

As for those of you who are afraid of clowns, rest assured, the dolls of Small World will keep you safe. They've told me so.

Ha ha Ha!
This post made me smile

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom