storage of the monorails and MK's trains

klineski96

Original Poster
Using one of my favorite maps websites, www.local.live.com (because of its "bird's eye" view), I tend to end up looking at the parks, resorts, and various other things on Disney property.

There is a building on the SE corner of Facilities Way and Center Dr where the monorail tracks end.

Is this where they are housed at night, when not in use, and getting work done? I imagine the answer is yes.

I also noticed the Magic Kingdom's train tracks end in the same building.

CaptainMichael

Yes, and if you continue going to the right before you hit Bay Lake, that's the watercraft drydock.

Imagineering and holiday decorations are all in the same area.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Yes, it`s the monorail barn. Nearly but not all monorails on top, trains below. The excess monorails are held overnight in the T&TC.

klineski96

Original Poster
Yes, and if you continue going to the right before you hit Bay Lake, that's the watercraft drydock.

Imagineering and holiday decorations are all in the same area.

Thanks CaptainMichael!
I imagined all the holiday decorations probably had their own building! Seeing as how much holiday stuff goes up everywhere.

I noticed the dry docks before! Funny seeing a few different types of boats parked in there instead of where guests such as myself usually see them.

Lee

Adventurer
I imagined all the holiday decorations probably had their own building! Seeing as how much holiday stuff goes up everywhere.
The holiday services building is amazing. When you walk in your jaw hits your chest. It's the size of a Wal-Mart, but totally full of, decorations, etc.
Interesting fact, every strand of lights on property is specially made for it's location, to ensure the bulbs all line up properly.

klineski96

Original Poster
The holiday services building is amazing. When you walk in your jaw hits your chest. It's the size of a Wal-Mart, but totally full of, decorations, etc.
Interesting fact, every strand of lights on property is specially made for it's location, to ensure the bulbs all line up properly.

Lee or CaptainMichael (or anyone for that matter)
Can one of you (or someone) take a screen shot of a map that shows where the holiday services building is? For some reason I'm just fascinated by what's behind the scenes.

I think it'd be very interesting for myself and possiblly others to know:
1) where these types of buildings are and 2) what some of the other large bulidings behind some of the parks are used for.

For example, there is a huge building behind China and another huge one behind the space in between Norway and Mexico... what are those buildings used for??

Lee

Adventurer
Can one of you (or someone) take a screen shot of a map that shows where the holiday services building is? For some reason I'm just fascinated by what's behind the scenes.

This shot shows the roundhouse, Central Shops and Holiday Services.
I forget the name of the building north of Shops.:hammer:

Attachments

• nsa1.JPG
    nsa1.JPG
    108.9 KB · Views: 107

Yensid_Robert9

I think it'd be very interesting for myself and possiblly others to know:
1) where these types of buildings are and 2) what some of the other large bulidings behind some of the parks are used for.

For example, there is a huge building behind China and another huge one behind the space in between Norway and Mexico... what are those buildings used for??

The one behind/between Mexico and Norway is the EPCOT Cast services building. And yes you are correct it's a huge building lol. It seriously has like the most lockers I've ever seen in my life. Not sure about the one behind China though. My place of roaming was DAK. Any questions on those buildings and I can help you out.

Gorjus

The building behind China is my office...all mine:king::drevil:

The sign on the door says entertainment, but it is called Pico; why I don't know.

klineski96

Original Poster
The one behind/between Mexico and Norway is the EPCOT Cast services building. And yes you are correct it's a huge building lol. It seriously has like the most lockers I've ever seen in my life. Not sure about the one behind China though. My place of roaming was DAK. Any questions on those buildings and I can help you out.

I'm so glad you mentioned Animal Kingdom, and I'm taking you up on your offer!

Is this tree real?? It's fenced in but on the inside of a border fence and there appears to be a shed next to it. Why wasn't this tree cut down like others next to it most likely were? Is there a nest of rare birds up there?

Anyone have any ideas or any insight?

*once you click on the photo, it should come up on Slide.com, there should be a place to click "see full size image"

Rob562

Is this tree real?? It's fenced in but on the inside of a border fence and there appears to be a shed next to it. Why wasn't this tree cut down like others next to it most likely were? Is there a nest of rare birds up there?

That's a camoflaged cell phone tower. There's a similar tower near the Grand Floridian, sticking up above all the other trees.

-Rob

klineski96

Original Poster
That's a camoflaged cell phone tower. There's a similar tower near the Grand Floridian, sticking up above all the other trees.

-Rob

Oh.

Well that's not nearly as cool as I thought it was going to be. I'm a little embarrassed! LOL

All this time I thought it was some giant mutant tree! :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom