Stitch's SuperSonic Celebration latest construction photos

Glasgow

I don't know about you guys, but this isn't my idea of the future that never was .. they should've plopped this down in Poohs Spot instead.

Perhaps the new buildings are to be used for a future project?

hokielutz

I'm just not into seeing how that stage/building is going to fit into the themes of Tomorrow land.

As it stands right now, and based on the concept art that someone posted earlier... the lines do not flow with the sweeping curves that TL's structures already employ.

So initially, I am not a fan of this addition and don't see how it fits.

jt04

I'm just not into seeing how that stage/building is going to fit into the themes of Tomorrow land.

As it stands right now, and based on the concept art that someone posted earlier... the lines do not flow with the sweeping curves that TL's structures already employ.

So initially, I am not a fan of this addition and don't see how it fits.

The good side is this probably means the end of the skyway building as the positioning of the stage makes that seem inevitable. If it also leads to SGE being repurposed then I will consider this new addition a win-win for sure!

hauntdmansion79

Yikes! Disney seems to be unoriginal these days. I'm going to highlight some words from Disney's description of the new Stich show that I am tired of hearing.

--------------------------------------
Stitch's SuperSonic Celebration is a musical stage show that celebrates Galaxy Day in the Tomorrowland area of Magic Kingdom Theme Park. Get ready to party with a high-energy dance troupe and a very special live video appearance from Stitch. Stitch's SuperSonic Celebration is scheduled to debut late spring 2009.

A live broadcast of the Tomorrowland News Network, with your host Tip Trendo, is interrupted by a video transmission from Stitch, who has "borrowed" a space cruiser assigned to cover Galaxy Day—a special celebration where everyone around the galaxy celebrates everything worth celebrating.

These days Disney loves the words PARTY, CELEBRATION, HIGH-ENERGY, DANCE, INTERACTIVE...etc. It's all recycled stuff. Interactive high-energy musical shows (HSM, BBB) and interactive CGI characters (TT, MILF). It's taking the easy route if you ask me. I'd crap myself if they built another Splash Mountain because it just seems to removed from what they do now. HOWEVER, I am hopeful for Little Mermaid.

Lastly, I would like to think it will only be there while Space Mountain is getting fixed, but I think it will be there much longer. Why didn't they just put this in the exsisting Galaxy Theater if it was only meant to be quasi-temporary?

HDS

Phh...when are they going to paint Stich green and have him take place of Tink flying. =p

Yet another "dance" crap-a-tude show thing I wont stop and watch. More fluff and less stuff...boo....

Vernonpush

Yikes! Disney seems to be unoriginal these days. I'm going to highlight some words from Disney's description of the new Stich show that I am tired of hearing.

Stitch's SuperSonic Celebration is a musical stage show that celebrates Galaxy Day in the Tomorrowland area of Magic Kingdom Theme Park. Get ready to party with a high-energy dance troupe and a very special live video appearance from Stitch. Stitch's SuperSonic Celebration is scheduled to debut late spring 2009.

A live broadcast of the Tomorrowland News Network, with your host Tip Trendo, is interrupted by a video transmission from Stitch, who has "borrowed" a space cruiser assigned to cover Galaxy Day—a special celebration where everyone around the galaxy celebrates everything worth celebrating.

These days Disney loves the words PARTY, CELEBRATION, HIGH-ENERGY, DANCE, INTERACTIVE...etc. It's all recycled stuff. Interactive high-energy musical shows (HSM, BBB) and interactive CGI characters (TT, MILF). It's taking the easy route if you ask me. I'd crap myself if they built another Splash Mountain because it just seems to removed from what they do now. HOWEVER, I am hopeful for Little Mermaid.

I agree!

Lastly, I would like to think it will only be there while Space Mountain is getting fixed, but I think it will be there much longer. Why didn't they just put this in the exsisting Galaxy Theater if it was only meant to be quasi-temporary?
The concrete block construction looks too "permanent" for "a quasi-temporary" attraction. Hopefully with the "screen based technology", once the "newness" of this wears off they can change the show easily (cheaply) to something else.

typd1613

Remember..

This is in the early stages of construction....I am not sure what it will look like, but I imagine it will be visually appealing. The concrete structure will be covered with either Brick or Stucco or something. Relax.

Vernonpush

This is in the early stages of construction....I am not sure what it will look like, but I imagine it will be visually appealing. The concrete structure will be covered with either Brick or Stucco or something. Relax.
Oooooohhh, brick or stucco are so futuristic!:ROFLOL: Hopefully "something" will take us to "beyond" the 21st century (EL panels?).:lookaroun:lol:

Morgymon

but....couldn't a wall have just as easily held a large video screen?! :shrug:

I just don't get why so big of a building?!

how would YOU like to get rained on all the time, just for ANOTHER stitch-themed attraction.

I just don't get why they need another stitch ride-Great Escape is enough.:mad:

Hummer1676

how would YOU like to get rained on all the time, just for ANOTHER stitch-themed attraction.

I just don't get why they need another stitch ride-Great Escape is enough.:mad:

I agree! They ruined xs tech, which was awesome. I would absolutely love it if they got rid of Stitch and replaced it with a TRON themed attraction. I mean come on, it would go perfectly in tomorrowland. Plus with the upcoming movie, it would be a smash hit.

Disney, if your reading, think about putting a Tron ride/attraction in........oh how i wish you would!

devoy1701

the aestetics of the building are not nearly as big a deal as the POSITION of the building...it's smack dap in the middle of the main concourse. And it doesn't look like there's going to be seating or anything so when this show is going on it's going to cause a major traffic headache in the middle of Tomorrowland caused by people stopping in the middle of the walkway to watch the show.

...not like there isn't already a major traffic problem over there.

DisneyJunkie

I was just looking at the official WDW explanation of what this attraction will be: Stitch's SuperSonic Celebration is a musical stage show that celebrates Galaxy Day in the Tomorrowland area of Magic Kingdom Theme Park. Get ready to party with a high-energy dance troupe and a very special live video appearance from Stitch. Stitch's SuperSonic Celebration is scheduled to debut late spring 2009.

And I was right. As soon as my eyes got to "musical stage show that.....", I knew it would be something stupid, unnecessary, and a waste of that space in Tomorrowland. Enough with Stitch already!

Huck

Actually I found a larger more detailed picture and here's the link to the page:

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/parks/magic-kingdom/entertainment/stitchs-supersonic-celebration/

stitch-1.jpg

So does the BIG blue spotlight thingy at the top look like a teleportation thingy or am I just trying to make a teleportation thingy out of a BIG blue spolight thingy?
Could Stitch be transported Live to the stage? Will it matter?

PS Sorry for bumping this!

Captain Chaos

So does the BIG blue spotlight thingy at the top look like a teleportation thingy or am I just trying to make a teleportation thingy out of a BIG blue spolight thingy?
Could Stitch be transported Live to the stage? Will it matter?

PS Sorry for bumping this!

Possible... very possible he will pop out from the stage... And no, it doesn't matter cause this will still stink...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom