Rumor Stitch's Great Escape Replacement— Don’t Hold Your Breath

dm11

Is it just me or the next 5 years should surpass the last 15-20 in the sheer number of new rides (and yes, counting overlays as 'new')? I also wonder if this is the only change? Many people mentioned being surprised that Laugh Floor is not the first one to go, but I wonder whether it'll go soon after Stich?

PuertoRekinSam

It's also got some stuff about licensing amusement machines overall, I think.

If the attraction is just a movie with some arcade game references, that's one thing. If, however, it's an interactive attraction...

When I originally mentioned the bill I mentioned "the IP" not the actual attraction. Meaning "Wreck-It-Ralph" (at this point, only speculation was made around which IP).

I was making a joke because a big deal was made about bill in question when it was approved and would Disney have to close their arcades. since Wreck-it-Ralph takes place in an arcade, that was the point I was making.

Again nothing about the actual attraction itself

Last edited:

Timothy_Q

I actually don't hate the attraction. The issue is where the attraction is located. If you look at Tomorrowland from a theme standpoint, it is a mess not matter how you look at.
I seriously don't understand why this matters to guests (who are not imagineers.)

You're a Disney fan and you don't understand why theme is important?

That's what Disneyland was built on.
That's what set it apart from every other amusement park at the time it opened.
That's what made it so popular for 60 years.

The "avarage guest" may not be able to scrutinize everything that makes Disney special, but they sure know it when they see it. That's why they keep going. And the overall experience is slowly deteriorated every time a small insignificant detail is taken away. That's why Disney can charge a day ticket the same price as Six Flags charges their annual pass.

If theme didn't matter to guests, they would go somewhere else.

clemmo

Somehow I feel like 2018 will be a little bit of a stretch unless they close this before the end of the year.

No Name

So... it's a Sugar Rush attraction!

Cool, I guess. But at least Stitch and Laugh Floor have loose ties to the future and "tomorrow." Will be interesting to see how this fits. Disregarding location, I'd hope and expect the actual attraction to be an improvement.

Oh, did we not know for sure that it was a Sugar Rush attraction? Well neither do I, but I am 99% certain it is. Based on some key words and facts.

edit: change that to 100% :D

Last edited:

wdwfan4ver

I seriously don't understand why this matters to guests (who are not imagineers.)
While I enjoy going to WDW very much and I'm not an imgaineer, theme does play for a part of my experience in terms of enhancing the experience. This dates back to what I experienced on my first trip to WDW in 1991. WDW was different the amusement parks I went to before than. The amusement parks I went to were fun and had rides, but didn't had any theming.

Theming is part of the Atmosphere at a WDW theme park and people just don't spend time at WDW only doing rides or attractions. For myself, I like to enjoy the atmosphere the atmosphere of a theme park taking my time besides doing attractions.

The other thing is theming does matter to guests a little bit back when Pizza Planet was Streets of America instead Pixar Place or what happened in Disneyland that Walt Disney didn't like as examples.

Walt didn't like having cast members walking as meet and greets characters in areas they are not supposed to be at because it ruins the atmosphere in that land and in his park in general for guests to experience.

Last edited:

lazyboy97o

Theme is the heart of the entire experience. But if theme doesn't matter to some, then what do they lose by having it there? Those who are interested in themed entertainment lose something when theme is ignored. Those just interested in rides or "Disney" or escapism or memories or whatever else lose absolutely nothing if theme is maintained.

Sportsphan95

During the 18 months I worked merch in TLand, in the shops at the exit of Stitch, we heard a never-ending stream of complaints from disgruntled parents. The ride had hurt their child. Had frightened their child and they couldn't get to the child to comfort them. Every ride dump had at least one crying child. I wondered how much time/$/energy the GSMs had wasted over the years on service recovery just from this one attraction. I am sure my old TLand friends will rejoice at this news even more than when they closed the SM arcade.

My suggestion for a replacement is to gut the entire inerior structure, and create a massive meet-and-greet bazaar. Get Stitch inside, and consistent. Get Buzz inside. Proper photo ops with Incredibles til the Dance Party starts. Add other TLand attraction chars like Mike Wizowzski, or obvious tie-ins like Miles From Tomorrowland.

I like your meet & greet idea. Remove the TL stage and build another attraction building there jutting back to the waterway.

Skyway

Huh, Wreck-It Ralph? Or Sugar Rush? Cool ideas for rides, but in...Tomorrowland? That would be a stretch indeed. Ralph himself described his game as "retro, but cool". Video games are hardly futuristic.

And yet I haven't heard anyone make that observation about Tron being the centerpiece of Shanghai Tomorrowland, a story firmly set in the early 80's.

yaksplat

I would assume they would want a WIR ride to come out around the same time as WIR 2 goes into theaters..

synergy_home_page2.gif
Am I the only one that made sure that the gears in this image could actually function?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom