Rumor Stitch's Great Escape Replacement— Don’t Hold Your Breath

Matt7187

Interesting that they would want this done earlier rather than later. I'd think they would want a new attraction for the 50th in 2021. What would be great is if we finally get an expansion done by then somewhere in the park.
I would assume they would want a WIR ride to come out around the same time as WIR 2 goes into theaters..

synergy_home_page2.gif

Jones14

Interesting that they would want this done earlier rather than later. I'd think they would want a new attraction for the 50th in 2021. What would be great is if we finally get an expansion done by then somewhere in the park.
I think they'd like to be able to market something to the crowds that come in to see Star Wars, both as
I would assume they would want a WIR ride to come out around the same time as WIR 2 goes into theaters..

synergy_home_page2.gif
I also think they want to spread crowds (away from DHS) circa 2019 and give their marketing team something to work with in terms of "new" things (looking at you, Awaken Summer) in the years leading up to the 50th, which will practically market itself.

alissafalco

Hello All! I figured I would drop a little tid but I have been given by a friend in Imagineering. It seems that we can see an attraction at MK being replaced quite soon, to make way for a new, high capacity attraction to take care of the large capacity problems MK is having. Will let know more as I Can tell you.

EDIT: Just noticed @marni1971 brought this up in the Tommorowland Rock Paint Job Thread, yes, the soon to be evicted resident is in Tommorowland and is (as of now) Stitch. This can be expected to be done rather quickly, but with significant changes.
Rejoice! That ride needs to go!

wdwfan4ver

The hate of Laugh Floor here is almost shocking. It was one of the most entertaining experiences in the park. It has some high overhead with the cast needed, but it's consistently been extremely fun and quite funny.
I actually don't hate the attraction. The issue is where the attraction is located. If you look at Tomorrowland from a theme standpoint, it is a mess not matter how you look at.

Magenta Panther

Huh, Wreck-It Ralph? Or Sugar Rush? Cool ideas for rides, but in...Tomorrowland? That would be a stretch indeed. Ralph himself described his game as "retro, but cool". Video games are hardly futuristic...unless we're talking about "Hero's Duty"...a bit more futuristic...but still a heck of a stretch. Jeez. Too bad Disney didn't create Futurama.

Sundown

Interesting. Thanks for your posts.

It's funny, in the Painted Rocks Tomorrowland thread, I specifically said that I didn't think Disney would use the Wreck It Ralph / Sgt. Calhoun versus the Cy-Bugs theming. Damn..so close, but mis-guessed it! :D

But you're not misdirecting us with your other clues are you, guys? "Abilities"? "Sunglasses"...I could see those as clues to it being an Incredibles ride. A movie that I "think" would be a closer fit to the Tomorrowland theme. And one that has a sequel expected in 2019.

Magic Feather

Original Poster
Interesting. Thanks for your posts.
But you're not misdirecting us with your other clues are you, guys? "Abilities"? "Sunglasses"...I could see those as clues to it being an Incredibles ride. A movie that I "think" would be a closer fit to the Tomorrowland theme. And one that has a sequel expected in 2019.
No ability was not a hint on my part and sunglasses was referencing the use of 3D. Although I though I did drop more hints, but now that I look back, I guess they did not get posted. Oh well, must have been a glitch. ;)

Last edited:

Sundown

No ability was not a hint on my part and sunglasses was referencing the use of 3D. Although I though I did drop more hints, but now that I look back, I guess they did not get posted. Oh well, must have been a glitch.

:D Nice!

Was confusing the guys with the inside info. Wait...who said it would be a real "stretch", too? Another clue towards Incredibles! :D

See, I'm just trying to make it be The Incredibles over Wreck It Ralph. For some reason, I'd be fine with that IP in Tomorrowland.

KikoKea

Whatever goes in the space, it will have to work hard not to be as bad as Stench, as DH and I call it. We won't be riding it one last time.

Not sure how a WIR attraction will fit into TL, either, but seems that WDO isn't too concerned with sticking to a theme. Hope they make it good and don't cheap out. And, when Stench packs up, he can take Autopia with him.

seabreezept813

Can't speak for others, but I like Laugh Floor as well. It's a well executed display of "living characters". The issue with the attraction is that it is not in an appropriate location -- there's nothing particularly futuristic about it and it clashes with the rest of TL.

Personally, I'd like Laugh Floor to be replaced with something more thematically appropriate but have the show be moved to DHS. It would be a solid component of a Monstropolis land in DHS along with some rides like Ride and Seek or the long rumored Door Coaster.

Laugh Floor is a favorite for our family because my husband was that guy the first time I brought him and my stepdaughter to Disney. Ever since, his favorite character has been Mike Wazowski. Would support moving this to a better location, but would be sad to see it go. I loved the Timekeeper as well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom