Rumor Stitch's Great Escape Replacement— Don’t Hold Your Breath

Movielover

To be honest, I would have like to have ridden in simply because I guarantee it would be your only chance to see Drew Carey, Whoopi Goldberg and Regis Philbin as robots. The weirdness factor alone made it a fascinating misfire.

You can still see them in there. All the actor AA's were re-purposed as the contamination monsters in the Monster Inc redo. The Jackie Chan one is incredibly obvious!

Last edited:

mikejs78

Premium Member
Superstar Limo would like to have a word with you.
As would Luigi's Dancing Cars.

I've never been to DCA, so I can't really evaluate.

It wasn't anywhere near that bad. It was an easily enjoyable, but somewhat lacking experience.
That's a bit dramatic...

It was that bad. It's so bad that visitor satisfaction scores go down when the ride is open, and up when it is not.

As would Journey Into YOUR Imagination

Ok, you got me there. :hilarious: So I'll amend my statement: Stitch is the worst thing that Imagineering has ever put into WDW, with the one exception of a ride that was so bad, they closed it after only two years of operation....

The Pho

It was that bad. It's so bad that visitor satisfaction scores go down when the ride is open, and up when it is not.

Kind of hard to isolate that as a relevant fact when there are many other factors in play. Stitch being open or closed is far from the only variable.

JJJ

99.999% certain the answer is yes.
As someone said above, a bonus does not pay for itself.
We all need to stop being so selfish, Papa Iger needs another half billion so his kids don't starve.
Has there ever been a concrete example of an attraction being canceled so that an executive can get a bigger bonus? I see this a lot on the forums, but have never really heard of it happening. And, just a little fact check, Iger makes one tenth of what you suggest he makes, as mentioned here: https://www.forbes.com/sites/robcai...-igers-fell-by-17-to-36-million/#44daf2ce23f7. Though, honestly, $50 million is still pretty excessive, in my opinion. (What can anyone really do with that amount of money? Diminishing returns have to really start kicking in once you reach $200,000.)

Also, not sure if this has been posted yet, but one of the imagineers who worked on Alien Encounter gave an interview talking about its development and his views for why the attraction didn't really work in the parks. AE starts around the 50:55 mark.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Bonuses come from a surplus. A surplus comes from extra money that was allocated to something not being spent. Surpluses come from cutting corners and finding things to slash. So yes.
And Bobby Bob Bob was expected to get a $423,000,000 bonus. So, I think you might need to look into this matter a little more.

Total payout of $423 million over the next four years, but why quibble. Throw in his million-plus shares of stock, and he and Willow won't be picking up odd-jobs to make ends meet once he retires. And people wonder why I rail against the stock buybacks as much as I do...

JJJ

Bonuses come from a surplus. A surplus comes from extra money that was allocated to something not being spent. Surpluses come from cutting corners and finding things to slash. So yes.
And Bobby Bob Bob was expected to get a $423,000,000 bonus. So, I think you might need to look into this matter a little more.
I mean, I guess. But I'd be surprised if that was ever the primary factor in a decision to cancel or postpone a project, or even a factor at all, which seems to be the implication when it's suggested an attraction will stay empty for a while, when there have been no satisfactory replacements leaked and with guest survey saying that leaving the attraction open makes for a worse experience at the park (as mentioned earlier in the thread).

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Yeah, I mean it's not like the parks are being stagnant at all, there's new things in 3 out of the 4 parks coming soon and a few more rumored projects that haven't been announced yet

Disney Maddux

So... What’s left of Stitch is seriously just going to be left back there until at least 2021?

If so, especially coming from someone who actually loved this attraction, is very sad. :(

Christian Fronckowiak

In the Parks
Yes
You had to remind me. (Where's the barf emoji?)

Hey what do you know!? One of the few IPs that actually fits* Tomorrowland. I'd make some smarmy remark about that being the sole reason why he isn't in Tomorrowland but I genuinely think he'll get his moment to shine, and soon. If not an attraction at least as a cameo.
It better have a meet and greet with Ron Wilson, Bus Driver! (Hmm, Sky High bus ride simulator in the Stitch building...?)

MotherOfBirds

I know I sound like a broken record, but I'll say it again:

OR instead of a ham-fisted insertion of an IP, they could come up with an original concept with original characters that tells a new story and lends itself well to the area in which it resides.

Hey Disney, remember when you did that? Remember how you can merch the ever-loving crap out of it and people eat it up? You can even adapt it into a movie or a tv show for your streaming service or one of your 300 tv channels.

Missing20K

Total payout of $423 million over the next four years, but why quibble. Throw in his million-plus shares of stock, and he and Willow won't be picking up odd-jobs to make ends meet once he retires. And people wonder why I rail against the stock buybacks as much as I do...

Happened to be doing a bit of equities research the other day and stumbled upon this.

Disney halts share repurchases amid Fox acquisition

Not that I disagree in any way that his compensation is excessive.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom