Rumor Stitch's Great Escape Replacement— Don’t Hold Your Breath

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
The land is WAY TOO CROWDED to get the feeling that was shown in the promotional images... not sure the crowds will ever decrease back here.

When the original Wizarding World of Harry Potter opened, it was much the same way, but even there the hype has died down enough that I feel like you can now walk around the area and really enjoy the themeing without feeling like you're packed in like sardines. I'm sure Pandora will die down too in the coming years (I'd venture to say that it might actually be quite nice in Pandora after Star Wars Land opens and much of the attention is diverted to Hollywood Studios)

Mike S

I haven't seen the land at night, but it is just gorgeous in the day. The stairwells to be 100% honest are not a big deal. While it is obviously more like an alien planet in the movie walking through the jungle, they do use many narrow paths that give you a better feel. The land captures a more human settled feel in my opinion than the beauty of Pandora, but that's okay.

The floating mountains while epic especially from underneath from the distance do not look to be floating at all (underneath though your mind is blown), but it doesn't take away tom the land as you know it wouldn't be floating anyway. But also the mountains/rock work hiding the mega show building is stunning. Truly the forced perspective on that is something else.

If you can get past Pandora's minor missteps the land is splendid to take in, but at least from experience. When the sun is still pretty low early in the morning and the sky sapphire blue... you don't care that the floating mountains aren't actually floating. It just looks so pretty.

At least Flight of Passage has a very strong story unlike Gringotts.

It is also very unique of a land being focused almost 100% on the environment vs. Diagon Alley all buildings or Cars Land's combination.

I think this is what separates Pandora and makes it unique.

As a land, Diagon Alley in my opinion is cooler, but Pandora has more of a wow factor while going around and underneath the floating mountains. While Hogsmeade obviously has the best ride the land (while still epic) I still prefer Pandora as Pandora feels like it is an average between the two Potter lands (better environment than one and better ride than one).

The main thing for me that Potter kills Pandora are the shops.

To be honest, Satu'li Canteen works because the story makes it not feel forced, but Windtraders could have been better. It was actually better than what I was expecting, but it was not a magical ship full of wands. Also the connection to the source material while familiar, it is more like a Haunted Mansion than an outside IP. That's also why it feels like it fits at Animal Kingdom. That's important, so I'm glad they nailed the message part.

Either way I think Pandora is impeccably detailed. The rockwork may be the best Disney has ever done as well which really makes it feel all the more real.

Source material aside, Pandora is arguably better than each individual Potter land, but obviously both together it is far higher than Pandora. Of course that is my opinion, but I still think Potter etc. are all awesome and really can't be compared to one another, but if I had to chose that's what I think.

My opinion may change, but it doesn't really matter if Pandora is inferior or superior to Potter etc. it is still a wonderful land.
Got to appreciate the effort you went to. The biggest thing for me is that when I first walked into the land I didn't feel anything which surprised even me. The back building that holds the rides is good and so is the rockwork but I just felt too many things weren't done right. Another thing that kills it for me is all the bright light posts. I guess they had to comply with safety regulations but if they're trying to sell me that I'm on Pandora my expectation is the bioluminescence being incredibly bright, not dim as it is now, and being the only light source. Also thick jungle/forest. And they could've had cleverly disguised ramps rather than stairs.

RSoxNo1

And the other things I brought up?
The walkways were a concern from the outset. At some point theme park practicality needs to supersede thematic appropriateness. You could also argue that ACE or even RDA cleared out so much of the vegetation in the area. I'm guessing some backstory documents explain it.

Last edited:

Mike S

The walkways was a concern from the outset. At some point theme park practicality needs to supersede thematic appropriateness. You could also argue that ACE or even RDA cleared out so much of the vegetation in the area. I'm guessing some backstory documents explain it.
So either way we can blame humans.

djdan888

Sorry if this was discussed already, but I am for some odd reason most looking forward to the much needed CoP upgrade. I hear the animatronics will be replaced and the end scene will get its update finally for the 50th. Any truth to this?

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
tell me again why we're talking about Pandora when this is a Tommorowland thread????
Because some people don't pay attention to the thread they are replying to? And are too lazy to look for the correct one? They just have to get their information out there, regardless of whether it is germane to the discussion at hand.

And I hope they are right about the CoP. One of our favorites, but could definitely use an update.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Sorry if this was discussed already, but I am for some odd reason most looking forward to the much needed CoP upgrade. I hear the animatronics will be replaced and the end scene will get its update finally for the 50th. Any truth to this?
That is the intention. The AAs may not be replaced as much as reskinned.

Though I would have hoped to have heard more by now.

Prince Thomas

Because some people don't pay attention to the thread they are replying to? And are too lazy to look for the correct one? They just have to get their information out there, regardless of whether it is germane to the discussion at hand.

And I hope they are right about the CoP. One of our favorites, but could definitely use an update.
ooooooooooh i didnt hear about COP, i have to go back and read!!! thanks

EasyRover

I would like to know as well. CoP is in my top 5 favorite rides!

MaxW

i feel like carousel of progress will fit better thematically when the land is renamed (if that's still a idea.) honestly i'd to see the area become more like the concept art from discovery bay at disneyland.

Daveeeeed

i feel like carousel of progress will fit better thematically when the land is renamed (if that's still a idea.) honestly i'd to see the area become more like the concept art from discovery bay at disneyland.
Layout of the land wouldn't provide the ideal Discovery Bay. Plus that would require changing everything and basically making an entirely new land... something Disney would never do. Maybe a sub-land on the speedway.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Well, maybe, if they renamed it Norm Macdonald Land.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom