Rumor Stitch's Great Escape Replacement— Don’t Hold Your Breath

rd805

Was reading a great article today about the attendance at WDW and other Disney Parks dropping... Talked about how the ticket prices keep increases and the attendance keeps dropping across parks. Asking the bold question, who would be the 1st park to start to cutting ticket prices... And would that draw more people into a park to make up for the price cutting? Food for thought.

They will never cut prices. There is simply no reason to.

WDWTank

Was reading a great article today about the attendance at WDW and other Disney Parks dropping... Talked about how the ticket prices keep increases and the attendance keeps dropping across parks. Asking the bold question, who would be the 1st park to start to cutting ticket prices... And would that draw more people into a park to make up for the price cutting? Food for thought.
The reason is Disney added nothing "new" over the past decade......

WDWTank

You know, aside from New Fantasyland, a new parade, a new fireworks show, Pandora in AK, a new theater for Lion King in AK, Harambe Market in AK, Disney Springs, etc.

But I'm sure you'll tell us how these somehow don't count.
Pandora and Toy Story Midway Mania were the true additions/expansions :D

Kman101

You know, aside from New Fantasyland, a new parade, a new fireworks show, Pandora in AK, a new theater for Lion King in AK, Harambe Market in AK, Disney Springs, etc.

But I'm sure you'll tell us how these somehow don't count.

They all count and were in the last few years. Let's not pretend WDW didn't get complacent for quite a few years. Many years before all of that.

Last edited:

Kman101

But still though, out of 4 parks the only park to get something significant was Animal Kingdom last decade, and that was Everest which was built in an extremely underbuilt park.

But I'm super happy direction has changed.

Exactly.

AK needed what it got.

MK needed an updated parade. All new fantasyland did was add back lost capacity.

They still count but they went about a decade without serious investment.

Daveeeeed

Exactly.

AK needed what it got.

MK needed an updated parade. All new fantasyland did was add back lost capacity.

They still count but they went about a decade without serious investment.
I'm personally ecstatic that Pandora is stunning. It's the payoff we've all been waiting for! Unfortunately it's been a long time coming:hilarious:.

When Disney wants to they really can blow people's minds, so I cannot wait to see what they do with Dtar Wars Land, but I CAN WAIT to see Gotg ruining Tot:bawling:. Anyway:p because of Pandora (and park updates like Rivers of Light, Harambe Market, and the new Lion King theater) Animal Kingdom in my opinion is probably the third best park in Orlando after Magic Kingdom & Islands of Adventure. As much as I want to... EPCOT's Future World just looks so sad right now that it can't be higher, but thankfully that will also change.

Can't wait to see what they do with Tomorrowland! Already looks 10x better and they haven't even done a complete overhaul yet.

I'm just really hopy right now:D

Mike S

I'm personally ecstatic that Pandora is stunning.
Flight of Passage definitely is but Pandora as a whole? Ehhhhh...

The floating mountains are really nice but the forced perspective doesn't work that well. The rest of the land is supposed to mimic Pandora's forests but the super extra wide walkways and staircases carved into the rocks shatter any illusion of a natural environment. Honestly I was pretty underwhelmed with the look of it. It felt extremely empty compared to the movie. There's probably some backstory stuff where it looks this way because of the humans that left but that still wouldn't change the way I feel. I already talked about the bioluminescence in another thread. Underwhelming as well except in the short boat ride.

This will probably be a pretty controversial post.

Kman101

The floating mountains are really nice but the forced perspective doesn't work that well. The rest of the land is supposed to mimic Pandora's forests but the super extra wide walkways and staircases carved into the rocks shatter any illusion of a natural environment. Honestly I was pretty underwhelmed with the look of it. It felt extremely empty compared to the movie. There's probably some backstory stuff where it looks this way because of the humans that left but that still wouldn't change the way I feel. I already talked about the bioluminescence in another thread. Underwhelming as well except in the short boat ride.

:(

That's all I got

RSoxNo1

The forced perspective works really well on Pandora, better than Cars Land and New Fantasyland IMO. I think you're in the minority with the Pandora opinion. The consensus has largely been the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. For me, it's similar to Mysterious Island, the entire area is quality, but there's no single component that would be better by itself.

Mike S

The forced perspective works really well on Pandora, better than Cars Land and New Fantasyland IMO. I think you're in the minority with the Pandora opinion. The consensus has largely been the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. For me, it's similar to Mysterious Island, the entire area is quality, but there's no single component that would be better by itself.
And the other things I brought up?

Daveeeeed

And the other things I brought up?
I haven't seen the land at night, but it is just gorgeous in the day. The stairwells to be 100% honest are not a big deal. While it is obviously more like an alien planet in the movie walking through the jungle, they do use many narrow paths that give you a better feel. The land captures a more human settled feel in my opinion than the beauty of Pandora, but that's okay.

The floating mountains while epic especially from underneath from the distance do not look to be floating at all (underneath though your mind is blown), but it doesn't take away tom the land as you know it wouldn't be floating anyway. But also the mountains/rock work hiding the mega show building is stunning. Truly the forced perspective on that is something else.

If you can get past Pandora's minor missteps the land is splendid to take in, but at least from experience. When the sun is still pretty low early in the morning and the sky sapphire blue... you don't care that the floating mountains aren't actually floating. It just looks so pretty.

At least Flight of Passage has a very strong story unlike Gringotts.

It is also very unique of a land being focused almost 100% on the environment vs. Diagon Alley all buildings or Cars Land's combination.

I think this is what separates Pandora and makes it unique.

As a land, Diagon Alley in my opinion is cooler, but Pandora has more of a wow factor while going around and underneath the floating mountains. While Hogsmeade obviously has the best ride the land (while still epic) I still prefer Pandora as Pandora feels like it is an average between the two Potter lands (better environment than one and better ride than one).

The main thing for me that Potter kills Pandora are the shops.

To be honest, Satu'li Canteen works because the story makes it not feel forced, but Windtraders could have been better. It was actually better than what I was expecting, but it was not a magical ship full of wands. Also the connection to the source material while familiar, it is more like a Haunted Mansion than an outside IP. That's also why it feels like it fits at Animal Kingdom. That's important, so I'm glad they nailed the message part.

Either way I think Pandora is impeccably detailed. The rockwork may be the best Disney has ever done as well which really makes it feel all the more real.

Source material aside, Pandora is arguably better than each individual Potter land, but obviously both together it is far higher than Pandora. Of course that is my opinion, but I still think Potter etc. are all awesome and really can't be compared to one another, but if I had to chose that's what I think.

My opinion may change, but it doesn't really matter if Pandora is inferior or superior to Potter etc. it is still a wonderful land.

Last edited:

Bocabear

Pandora...It is beautiful by day, no the mountains, while impressive, don't really feel like they are floating unless someone blindfolds you until you get to that one sweet spot, and then you open your eyes and don't walk anywhere... In genereal though the land is very pretty, they did a nice job with the plants and rockwork... The land is WAY TOO CROWDED to get the feeling that was shown in the promotional images... not sure the crowds will ever decrease back here...Also, they overhyped the product... The nighttime version of Pandora is kind of a letdown...especially after reading all of Disney's own hype... The pathways that were supposed to light up your footprints as you walked, just like the movie, don't do that, but are just plain glow paint splatters with black lights overhead. Never saw any of the plants that react to touch that they were talking about....Some of the light up plants are great, but on the whole, the entire area is very dark... They were still selling Banshees when we were there, so you could not get into the gift shop at all, there was an hour+ wait just to go in.
As everyone else has already said, Flight Of Passage is great.. a good solid well done attraction. The Boat ride is incredibly short...lacks any sort of storytelling other than "oooh pretty"...and by the end of it, it is just a lot of repetition.... Perhaps if the line we less than 140 minutes (that's 2 hours and 20 minutes) I might be happier with the boatride...Perhaps if the boat ride were actually at the entrance to the land as a journey into the heart of Pandora, and you would get off your boat and be immersed in the land, it would feel more like an introduction, but after you have already walked through the whole land and waited in a very long line, it just seems like more ofthe same...at least the night forest in the ride is better lit than the rest of the land is.
Overall, Pandora is very nice, but feel like it is lacking another attraction...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom