Rumor Stitch's Great Escape Replacement— Don’t Hold Your Breath

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
So........don't shoot the messenger, I'm just trying to call on our trusted members who are "in the know" to see if there are any legs to this: A site called Orlando Weekly is reporting that there is a rumor that the Speedway in TL will be closed to make way for a new attraction as part of the Tomorrowland overhaul. Anyone else hear any rumblings of this?
I wonder where they got the news from...

Cesar R M

Don't worry, it's the times that we live in now. Apologize for everything, don't say anything, feel bad about saying a joke, and don't dare to have any sarcasm in your statements or you'll be broad stroke painted as whatever 'ism' or '-ist' that is that days buzzword to get article clicks. The age of social media has become both an enlightenment and a dark spot on our society as a whole. Everyone is special, no one is safe, everyone is safe, no one is scared to inflammatory remarks, everyone is afraid to say inflammatory remarks. We live in the age of total egotistical hypocrisy, surrounded by a virtual reality bubble of narcissism perpetuated by the advantage of digital anonymity.
Unfortunately that is the same defense certain individual love to use because they didn't "get" their sexist or racist joke. It goes both ways.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Don't worry, it's the times that we live in now. Apologize for everything, don't say anything, feel bad about saying a joke, and don't dare to have any sarcasm in your statements or you'll be broad stroke painted as whatever 'ism' or '-ist' that is that days buzzword to get article clicks. The age of social media has become both an enlightenment and a dark spot on our society as a whole. Everyone is special, no one is safe, everyone is safe, no one is scared to inflammatory remarks, everyone is afraid to say inflammatory remarks. We live in the age of total egotistical hypocrisy, surrounded by a virtual reality bubble of narcissism perpetuated by the advantage of digital anonymity.
You forgot made up gluten allergies.:eek:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
For the (unofficial) record there seems to be four speedway options - none of which I emphasise so far as I know are a done deal.

Overhaul and overlay the existing attraction

Radically alter and overlay the concept but change it.

Radically alter and overlay the concept but change it as part of a bigger project

Fully remove the existing attraction for something new

Should any of these happen the attraction and the area around it will receive a very welcome update.

And of course this is (mostly) unconnected to the SGE project.

Last edited:

yensidtlaw1969

For the (unofficial) record there seems to be four options - none of which I emphasise so far as I know are a done deal.

Radically alter and overlay the concept but change it as part of a bigger project

Should any of these happen the attraction and the area around it will receive a very welcome update.

So, which one is the cheapest? :p

Or, the better question, which option would be most in tune with the greater plans for Tomorrowland in its (purported) forthcoming revisal?

yensidtlaw1969

I think any would be a good fit and an improvement.
So as long as they aren't suddenly tempted to do nothing, the guests win? How pleasant! Count me among those who feel the Speedway's replacement is long overdue -- I'd really love to see them go full tilt on something new for the area, but what you're saying is comforting. It sounds like they don't want to misuse this plot.

Prince Thomas

For the (unofficial) record there seems to be four speedway options - none of which I emphasise so far as I know are a done deal.

Am i tho only one here that just completly wants them to just remove the atrraction and give us something new?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom