Rumor Stitch's Great Escape Replacement— Don’t Hold Your Breath

Professortango1

The Frozen is much more then a sing-along. I was surprised at how much I laughed during that show, they made fun of the movie quite a bit and the two hosts were outstanding.

I'm sure it's fun. I saw the same show in California and I've also seen the big theatrical version at California's Hyperion, so it seemed like a step backwards and we decided to pass. Not many of us are Frozen fans to begin with, but the ride was great.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
DL Park is better than MK...but WDW is better than DLR....I thought that was common knowledge... :p
Some rides are better at DL, but some are better at WDW. And we have rides at WDW that aren't available at all at DL, such as Spaceship Earth. And then there are rides available at DL that are not at WDW. He just recently joined us here, and it just seems that every single thread he posts in, it's about comparing DL to WDW, and his DL is soooo much better. I understand that is his opinion, and he is entitled to it, but he seems a bit over the top on all of it.

Professortango1

Some rides are better at DL, but some are better at WDW. And we have rides at WDW that aren't available at all at DL, such as Spaceship Earth. And then there are rides available at DL that are not at WDW. He just recently joined us here, and it just seems that every single thread he posts in, it's about comparing DL to WDW, and his DL is soooo much better. I understand that is his opinion, and he is entitled to it, but he seems a bit over the top on all of it.

I joined because WDW will shortly become my home park rather than Disneyland. Yeah, I do prefer Disneyland but I think WDW has incredible potential. The size and scope is awe inspiring and I love many of the WDW attractions. Ellen's Energy Adventure wasn't our favorite ride, but we were blown away with just how massive the attraction is and the epic scope of the ride. Spaceship Earth has always impressed me with the number of animatronics, show scenes, and story they put inside the unusual show building. We love the WDW Haunted Mansion with the eye effect and stairways. There's plenty to love at WDW, but I do wish the attractions had received the same tech upgrades we often saw in California. I love Disney, and I'm hoping Universal can inspire Disney to do better in Florida and vice versa.

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
I joined because WDW will shortly become my home park rather than Disneyland. Yeah, I do prefer Disneyland but I think WDW has incredible potential. The size and scope is awe inspiring and I love many of the WDW attractions. Ellen's Energy Adventure wasn't our favorite ride, but we were blown away with just how massive the attraction is and the epic scope of the ride. Spaceship Earth has always impressed me with the number of animatronics, show scenes, and story they put inside the unusual show building. We love the WDW Haunted Mansion with the eye effect and stairways. There's plenty to love at WDW, but I do wish the attractions had received the same tech upgrades we often saw in California. I love Disney, and I'm hoping Universal can inspire Disney to do better in Florida and vice versa.
Fair enough. It just seemed that you were trying to convince everyone here how much better DL is, and while some of the rides are better, some are not. Some of those tech upgrades you mentioned are for the seasonal overlays, which, for stupid reasons, WDW doesn't do.

imagineer boy

Glad to see SGE is finally biting the dust. But I'll echo what everyone is saying, what does Wreck it Ralph have to do Tomorrowla- oh why bother. It's pretty clear that Disney stopped caring about cohesive theming a long time ago. Its like:
"Oh look a place to put a new ride in. SHOVE IN THE LATEST MARKETABLE PRODUCT!"
"But sir, that franchise little or nothing to do with the land where the new space is-"
"Who cares!? WE MUST MARKET THIS PRODUCT DAMMIT! WE HAVE MERCHANDISE TO SELL!"

Professortango1

Glad to see SGE is finally biting the dust. But I'll echo what everyone is saying, what does Wreck it Ralph have to do Tomorrowla- oh why bother. It's pretty clear that Disney stopped caring about cohesive theming a long time ago. Its like:
"Oh look a place to put a new ride in. SHOVE IN THE LATEST MARKETABLE PRODUCT!"
"But sir, that franchise little or nothing to do with the land where the new space is-"
"Who cares!? WE MUST MARKET THIS PRODUCT DAMMIT! WE HAVE MERCHANDISE TO SELL!"

Hopefully they explore being inside a technical world and video game rather than just Sugar Rush. Then we can at least pretend it's about exploring technology, but sadly everything I've seen has been very Sugar Rush centric. Wish they'd just retheme the Tomorrowland Speedway to Sugar Rush and move the entrance to Fantasyland somehow.

Launchpad McQuack

While another Star Tours-esque simulator is probably not the best way to go, my thoughts for a WIR attraction have pretty much always been a simulator ride where you travel from game to game (much like jumping from location to location in Star Tours). I'm hoping Imagineering can come up with something more unique than that (even though I think that would be fun) and surprise me with something cool.

dweezil78

Yeah, Disney's gotta dip another toe into the VR pool at some point.
The rest of the industry is starting to do some REALLY interesting things with it.

I consider myself a huge VR enthusiast. I own a Rift, it's amazing. I will say that the real value of VR, IMO, is the ability to do theme park-like things (and beyond) in the comfort of your own home. Using VR in place of actual physical attractions at an actual theme park really defeats the point. VR is a great alternative when you can't have the real thing...

In the case of coasters with VR -- sure, that's cool if it's done well. But in that case, the attraction can still stand alone and hold its own WITHOUT the VR.

VR technology -- both hardware and software -- are also moving far too fast right now for it to be a viable option for a full attraction. Whatever they cook up now will be out of date by the time it's open for the public to enjoy. The biggest complaint with the Ghost Train attraction at Thorpe is that they have a beautiful train set and then you put the Vive headset on and are treated to a grainy, primitive graphical experience that just completely pulls you out of it. Imagine how much worse it will seem in a year or two when the novelty of first-time VR use had worn off for a lot of people.

The best opportunity for VR within Disney would be a temporary attraction at Innoventions ala Sum of All Thrills, not a full Tomorrowland attraction. Me personally? I'd rather see them put some $$$ into developing unique attractions (or home versions of existing ones) for the home that I can pay a small fee for on the Oculus/Steam/PSVR store. Now that would be pretty cool!

Goofyernmost

I agree, but Disney Shouldn't be waiting over 20 years to update final scene of COP. COP is one those attractions that needs to be updated at least once every 10 years because what every version of the COP final scene represents in terms of a time period .
Disney didn't plan on having it hang around for 50+ years when it was designed. It wasn't made to change over time it was made to show a specific time period which was primarily the 20th century and the advancements during that time. To continuously change the end scene in some hopeless venture to guess the future would only make the entire attraction disjointed and out of balance. To remain relevant it can be nothing but a historic flashback of the 20th century which is what it is now. You go to CoP and you see the realities of the past and the hopes for the future up to basically the end of the 20th century. You see that and it is important for the millions of people that never lived through that time to see what was and what was achieved during that time. Then they leave and walk right straight into the 21st century. There is no way to make it more relevant then it is. Think outside the box.

Mike S

Disney didn't plan on having it hang around for 50+ years when it was designed. It wasn't made to change over time it was made to show a specific time period which was primarily the 20th century and the advancements during that time. To continuously change the end scene in some hopeless venture to guess the future would only make the entire attraction disjointed and out of balance. To remain relevant it can be nothing but a historic flashback of the 20th century which is what it is now. You go to CoP and you see the realities of the past and the hopes for the future up to basically the end of the 20th century. You see that and it is important for the millions of people that never lived through that time to see what was and what was achieved during that time. Then they leave and walk right straight into the 21st century. There is no way to make it more relevant then it is. Think outside the box.
I've said before that I wouldn't mind bringing back the original 1964 ending and then leaving it as a piece of history. At least then it could be understood that the attraction is set in a specific time and isn't supposed to constantly guess the future.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom