Rumor Stitch's Great Escape Replacement— Don’t Hold Your Breath

Rteetz

How is that ridiculous? Three days is often cited as ideal for having pleof time at the Disneyland Resort and both US resorts feature a comparable number of attractions. The big difference is the swaths of often dead space one must traverse at Walt Disney World.
Hey whatever floats your boat. I don't know how anyone can say MK is a half day park and has nothing for the teens and adults but whatever. I'll spend 5+ days in WDW parks and still not do everything I wanted to do.

True... but hard to argue that both of those attractions had virtually nothing to do with the future. I totally loved them and miss them, but eh, not very futuristic or forward thinking!

I wish that we'd get a VR lightbike ride from Tron. At least Tron's theme is futuristic and can be updated as time goes on. But alas...

Professortango1

"We've ridden everything!"
"How about Pirates of the Caribbean?"
"I don't wanna."
"Seven Dwarfs Mine Train?"
"Lame!"
"Carousel of Progress?"
"No way!"

Did all of those. We were the only people on our COP trip, but still wanted to show my girlfriend and friends who had never been n.

Loved Seven Dwarves for a kid coaster, but when we went to use our fastpass the line went around the corner. I'm not sure if they issued too many, but it caused the standby line to be 175 minutes. Wasn't about to do that without a fastpass.

Pirates is cute. Did it twice, but that was plenty for our group who couldn't get over how short and small it was.

Professortango1

Pirates, SDMT, and CoP are a few I'd certainly be sure to hit...
Thought I listed Pirates, we did that in the morning. COP we did as time killer waiting for our evening fastpass for SDMT. We had a good 3-4 hours after lunch to bum around and repeat attractions and see things we weren't particularly interested in. I can see why the Florida parks aren't open until 12.

lazyboy97o

Mere attraction count probably can't be the entire story.
It would be interesting if someone were to add up the total minutes it would take to do all attractions at the two resorts.
Also perhaps do the same thing for shows/parades.
Every ride at Walt Disney World has been done in a single day.

Hey whatever floats your boat. I don't know how anyone can say MK is a half day park and has nothing for the teens and adults but whatever. I'll spend 5+ days in WDW parks and still not do everything I wanted to do.
I said nothing about any of that.

Professortango1

Every ride, yes, but there's so much more to a WDW vacation. Shows, streetmosphere, wandering around taking in the details, etc.

I noticed many of the shows are the same as they have been for years. Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Electric Parade, Fantasmic, Indiana Jones. We didn't see Frozen as it's not the full show, just a sing along. We watched some singing groups in Epcot. I didn't see much at MK other than the castle show and some Incredibles dance party in Tomorrowland.

Nemo is cute, Lion King was a bit disappointing, didn't see Flights of Wonder as birds creep me out.

Nickels5

I noticed many of the shows are the same as they have been for years. Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Electric Parade, Fantasmic, Indiana Jones. We didn't see Frozen as it's not the full show, just a sing along. We watched some singing groups in Epcot. I didn't see much at MK other than the castle show and some Incredibles dance party in Tomorrowland.

Nemo is cute, Lion King was a bit disappointing, didn't see Flights of Wonder as birds creep me out.
The Frozen is much more then a sing-along. I was surprised at how much I laughed during that show, they made fun of the movie quite a bit and the two hosts were outstanding.

Prince Thomas

I really wish a Wreck It Ralph wasn't filling its spot!!!! Can't they put something totally diff and dope in there? Wish imagineers would come up with something based on the movie Tomorrowland. That movie was dope!

raymusiccity

Did all of those. We were the only people on our COP trip, but still wanted to show my girlfriend and friends who had never been n.

Loved Seven Dwarves for a kid coaster, but when we went to use our fastpass the line went around the corner. I'm not sure if they issued too many, but it caused the standby line to be 175 minutes. Wasn't about to do that without a fastpass.

Pirates is cute. Did it twice, but that was plenty for our group who couldn't get over how short and small it was.

If Pirates was considered short and small, then, 'Houston, we have a problem!' ;)

Bocabear

If Pirates was considered short and small, then, 'Houston, we have a problem!' ;)
I agree... that is one jaded customer...unles they had been to the Disneyland Original....which is a longer better experience, or the Paris version which is also a longer better ride... But cute and small I would never call it... lol

Professortango1

When compared to the Disneyland version our group is used to, it is. Missing a ton of scenes, other scenes are cut short. Even the attacking the battlements scene doesn't have the scale the original does. It's still a good ride, but it's like drinking Shasta when you're used to Coke. Same basic thing, but you do notice the difference. Went through twice and had fun.

Prince Thomas

When compared to the Disneyland version our group is used to, it is. Missing a ton of scenes, other scenes are cut short. Even the attacking the battlements scene doesn't have the scale the original does. It's still a good ride, but it's like drinking Shasta when you're used to Coke. Same basic thing, but you do notice the difference. Went through twice and had fun.
Shasta :p

Last edited by a moderator:

Professortango1

I agree with you. I'd even go so far as to categorize a 'MK half day' comment as 'trolling'.

I called it a half day park because we hit all of the open attractions we wanted to see between 9 and 2. Had closed attractions been open, or crowds have been heavier, or if we didn't have Fastpasses, I can see the park taking more time. We were planning to have 2 days at MK, but since we saw everything and repeated most things 2-3 times before the park closed at 9, we spent our 5th day at Epcot.

It might be a Southern California vs Florida thing too as we were surprised to do both Universal and Islands of Adventure in one day rather than the two we scheduled. A big help was the lack of summer crowds as almost every attraction was about 10-20 minute waits and I could definitely see the queues were meant for a lot more people.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom