Rumor Stitch's Great Escape Replacement— Don’t Hold Your Breath

Bairstow

It's not VR. Not in any of its iterations.

What isn't? The rumored Vanellope attraction?

kartkraft-gamescom-rtovr-2.jpg

dweezil78

How can it be true that travel and leisure were part of futurism and be true that travel and leisure were not part of futurism?

Lol, c'mon, you know that's not at all what I said. I said the attractions themselves had nothing to do with the future. Was not making any sort of blanket statement against travel or leisure (neither of which are exclusive to futurism while we're at it.)

lazyboy97o

Lol, c'mon, you know that's not at all what I said. I said the attractions themselves had nothing to do with the future. Was not making any sort of blanket statement against travel or leisure (neither of which are exclusive to futurism while we're at it.)
The subject of the attractions was travel so that is how they related to the future.

wdwfan4ver

I hope it's not VR, the rate technology is changing anything they put in will seem archaic within a few years, more Yesterdayland than Tomorrowland.

Didn't Carousel Of Progress teach them anything?
I agree, but Disney Shouldn't be waiting over 20 years to update final scene of COP. COP is one those attractions that needs to be updated at least once every 10 years because what every version of the COP final scene represents in terms of a time period .

djkidkaz

Well the building doesn't seem large enough to house any sort of moving vehicles so we're looking at something stationary, maybe with a 360 degree screen and 3D?

wdwfan4ver

Great, WDW has so many attractions already... It might not be a great attraction, but Magic Kingdom doesn't have the attraction count to be closing rides without replacing them. It's almost a half day park as it is.
Magic Kingdom actually isn't almost a half day park to a lot of people. While MK doesn't have the amount of amount of attractions as Disney's first ever theme park , MK has a lot to do.

If a guest finds MK just almost a half a day park, that is on the Guest unlike DHS. The fact is if a guest expects a lot of thrill rides in WDW theme parks, that is something Disney theme parks worldwide aren't known for.

I highly doubt a Guest is able to go through over 20 rides in just over a half and that is without counting all the shows that are attractions at MK. I didn't even count the Meet and Greets and Swiss Family Robinson Tree house. If you count everything in MK, it is a well over a full day.

The real problem with the park is ride capacity due to the amount of guests MK gets each day .

Professortango1

Magic Kingdom actually isn't almost a half day park to a lot of people. While MK doesn't have the amount of amount of attractions as Disney's first ever theme park , MK has a lot to do.

If a guest finds MK just almost a half a day park, that is on the Guest unlike DHS. The fact is if a guest expects a lot of thrill rides in WDW theme parks, that is something Disney theme parks worldwide aren't known for.

I highly doubt a Guest is able to go through over 20 rides in just over a half and that is without counting all the shows that are attractions at MK. I didn't even count the Meet and Greets and Swiss Family Robinson Tree house. If you count everything in MK, it is a well over a full day.

The real problem with the park is ride capacity due to the amount of guests MK gets each day .

Sure it has more than Animal Kingdom or DHS', but we did Space, Splash, Jungle Cruise, Philharmonic, Stitch, Monsters Inc, Haunted Mansion, Country Bears, and Peter Pan before 2.

I guess if you go once every decade or are going with little kids it can take time, but we were repeating rides and seeing attractions we normally wouldn't waste time on (Little Mermaid, Stitch, Monster's Inc, Liberty Belle) just because we were looking to do something other than a 3rd trip on Space Mountain or Splash.

TeriofTerror

Sure it has more than Animal Kingdom or DHS', but we did Space, Splash, Jungle Cruise, Philharmonic, Stitch, Monsters Inc, Haunted Mansion, Country Bears, and Peter Pan before 2.

I guess if you go once every decade or are going with little kids it can take time, but we were repeating rides and seeing attractions we normally wouldn't waste time on (Little Mermaid, Stitch, Monster's Inc, Liberty Belle) just because we were looking to do something other than a 3rd trip on Space Mountain or Splash.
But surely you understand that there's a world of difference between a park not offering many attractions that you personally choose to do and a park not offering many attractions, period.

Matt_Black

But surely you understand that there's a world of difference between a park not offering many attractions that you personally choose to do and a park not offering many attractions, period.

Oh, I've had conversations like this...

"There's nothing to eat!"
"I can make some soup..."
"I don't like soup!"
"Well, we have spaghetti..."
"I had spaghetti yesterday!"
"Sandwich?"
"No! There's nothing to eat!!!"

Professortango1

Of course. That was just our personal experience. The park is definitely aimed at a G rated crowd where Disneyland has more attractions geared towards families and teens. It was cute, but we definitely won't schedule a full day there next time. It seems like we could do all 4 parks in 2 days if park hopping was easier. Epcot seems to have the most to see and do, but even large swaths of Epcot are closed.

TeriofTerror

Oh, I've had conversations like this...

"There's nothing to eat!"
"I can make some soup..."
"I don't like soup!"
"Well, we have spaghetti..."
"I had spaghetti yesterday!"
"Sandwich?"
"No! There's nothing to eat!!!"
"We've ridden everything!"
"How about Pirates of the Caribbean?"
"I don't wanna."
"Seven Dwarfs Mine Train?"
"Lame!"
"Carousel of Progress?"
"No way!"

Rteetz

Of course. That was just our personal experience. The park is definitely aimed at a G rated crowd where Disneyland has more attractions geared towards families and teens. It was cute, but we definitely won't schedule a full day there next time. It seems like we could do all 4 parks in 2 days if park hopping was easier. Epcot seems to have the most to see and do, but even large swaths of Epcot are closed.
:jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop:

All 4 parks in 2 days? I'm done here.

NearTheEars

I'm not sure anyone has ever said MK was a half day park before.
There's a first for everything I guess.

Bairstow

How is that ridiculous? Three days is often cited as ideal for having pleof time at the Disneyland Resort and both US resorts feature a comparable number of attractions. The big difference is the swaths of often dead space one must traverse at Walt Disney World.

Mere attraction count probably can't be the entire story.
It would be interesting if someone were to add up the total minutes it would take to do all attractions at the two resorts.
Also perhaps do the same thing for shows/parades.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom