Rumor Stitch's Great Escape Replacement— Don’t Hold Your Breath

Cmdr_Crimson

Oh gee where is my Figment Range of Emotions....Ah! Here we Go...
FN+Figment+012.JPG

doctornick

I'd be upset if they put in a theater system like Minions.

The Minions system is identical to the Jimmy Neutron which was identical to Hanna-Barbara. I remember riding Jimmy Neutron and going, "Wow, they changed nothing." And when they put in Minions, I went "They aren't gonna change a thing." And they didn't.

I don't think a system like Minions would be a problem for MK. MK doesn't really have that sort of "ride" and would benefit from a more "intense" theater show that is still family friendly. MK in particular has a lot of different types of experiences, so that would be a nice contrast to other offerings.

But we'll see. I know there is talk of VR for this ride, but I don't see how that would work without having horrible capacity. Can you do VR without personal headsets?

Edit: I see that @marni1971 has indicated that it won't be VR, but also that it would be different than the Minions ride system. Very curious as to what it would be if it is truly themed to Sugar Rush but uses the theater setup to some extent.

MagicHappens1971

Heres my reliable source
they predicted the msep leaving rumor
Their post says nothing about them predicting it, it shows that on August 10th, WDWMagic.com user WDW1974 has reported hearing that Disneyland's Paint the Night parade would be coming to Florida while the Main Street Electrical Parade would return to Disneyland." They also credited wdwmagic.com as their one and only source. And again, they credited WDWmagic for the WIR rumor. "August 7, 2016: WDWMagic.com user Magic Feather has posted that a replacement is planned for Stitch's Great Escape. In a subsequent post, WDWMagic.com user marni1971 indicated that the attraction would be a 3D attraction, and users Magic Feather and articos indicated that the attraction could be open in 2018.

August 1, 2016: WDWMagic.com user marni1971 posted that Stitch's Great Escape would close and a new attraction would take it's place."
These forums always have the right information before anyone else does.

asianway

No, its just that one site proved itself to be openly hostile, consistently erroneous, and panic inducing during times of actual emergencies. Plus a lot of other shady things going on, too numerous to mention.

So we're all adults and we've chosen to be more judicious with our selection of Disney News sites to to whom we lend credibility.
Being first in the WDW blogosphere is a race to the bottom

WildernessMan83

Looking forward to see what comes of a WIR ride but hope it's not VR. Haven't thought about how they'd pull this off, but I hope the queue sells the story of physically going inside a video game machine or something cool like that. Ex: illusion of entering through a power plug/outlet maybe?

SteamboatJoe

I like Stitch the character but SGE never really took full advantage of the potential he has as a character. A character so maniacal and reckless deserved a true thrill ride. So from that stand point, I'm glad they are looking at making a change.

If it is Ralph, I won't necessarily complain as long as the ride/show experience is innovative. The Speedway or Astro Blasters on the surface seem like they would've been the more logical, easy choice for that IP but perhaps they have other, bigger plans for those spaces. Tomorrowland isn't exactly a perfect thematic fit but aside from creating a brand new section in Studios, I'm not sure where else something like this would fit better.

TeriofTerror

No, its just that one site proved itself to be openly hostile, consistently erroneous, and panic inducing during times of actual emergencies. Plus a lot of other shady things going on, too numerous to mention.

So we're all adults and we've chosen to be more judicious with our selection of Disney News sites to to whom we lend credibility.
I tried listening to a podcast of theirs recently, but had to stop. Their comments regarding the Graves family were straight-up mean.

admiral-ari-x

I love how "breaking news" on other sites always ends up being something that we have already been discussing in our little forums here for quite some time. I never tire of saying that this is the site for WDW news.
This!!! Other Disney enthusiasts I know wonder how I can just say, "Yeah, I've known forever" and they've just found out. I love this site!

I had the pleasure of meeting him a few years ago, rather unexpectedly. He's a heck of a nice guy.
I actually just met him a month ago! Indeed a very nice guy, he and his wife were very sweet. He took a picture of my friend's Toothless cosplay and then asked her what Pokémon she was supposed to be, lol! Still really cool meeting him!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom