Rumor Stitch's Great Escape Replacement— Don’t Hold Your Breath

JMcMahonEsq

Not Dr. Who though...I can see that type attraction but maybe under some true Disney IP... Not a British TV show that has never had a connection to Disney until it was recently purchased...
If we were talking about MK, I could potentially see a point here, thought I think the argument of what is Disney IP is still subjective, if they own it, they own it, it IS their IP.

But Epcott has never really been a park that has been soley Disney IP. From the world pavilions, to Captain EO, to Test Track, ect.

I also think, and maybe this is way overthinking things, that Dr. Who is the exact type of IP that would fit into a Disney park. It has a long multi-generational appeal/impact. Not as strong in the US granted, but the concept itself has been around for decades, grandparents, parents, children all can have some connection with Dr. Who. It is also not linked to a single movie, single setting or them, so the chances of the IP becoming stale, aren't has high such as a show like bugs life for example. While I don't know if Coco or Encanto will have generational appeal in the future, there seems to be a track record that would say Dr. Who can/will continue on into the future.

UNCgolf

I don’t necessarily think they’re getting people in the door at Universal, but I’ve heard they do very well in food & beverage and merch sales. That alone might get Disney to set up a meet and greet and a bar or something else small.

Oh yeah, I could see them doing something small, although that's potentially time dependent too (i.e. 10 years from now even that might not be worth it). I don't see them building anything more than that, though -- definitely don't see them adding an attraction or even something as substantive as the current mini-land at Universal.

neo999955

In the Parks
No
but WHY would Disney even want to implement them when they have absolutely no connection to the Disney brand? Expiring contract or not...
I think the main reason is that The Simpsons has been one of their most popular shows (if not the most) on Disney+ for years now, even I've started watching it from the start now that it's on there. I think by the time any work could go down, there will be a solid decade of people associating The Simpsons with Disney+ and honestly, that's probably enough.

DisneyDean97

Is this space even seriously being considered to get a greenlight soon? I haven't heard any new recent rumors, and every time I do hear something about this, the budget is always getting cut, and then its put on hold...

In the Parks
No
Is this space even seriously being considered to get a greenlight soon? I haven't heard any new recent rumors, and every time I do hear something about this, the budget is always getting cut, and then its put on hold...
Most recent thing I heard from my source was that "something may actually be going in there" at some point soon. It's about as vague as can be, but we do have confirmation that they ARE talking about it. Which is better than nothing.

dmw

In the Parks
No
How else are they going to pay for the blackhole known as D+?
Blackhole dark ride confirmed! ;)
1706283666158.png

Bocabear

Long ago there were rumors of Laff Floor (this was before Laff Floor existed) there was talk of an Alien Swirling Saucers ride going in there and creating an indoor galaxy of stars and planets that you would be swirling around... This would have been an amazing addition to Tomorrowland, and the environment ( Like PPF) would have been beautiful and demanded a return ride.... Instead, we got Laff Floor which doesn't even feel like a Tomorrowland themed attraction, and the Alien Swirling Saucers ended up in TSL outdoors with no setting whatsoever. At this point I would be thrilled with a double Scrambler or Tilt-a-Whirl in a black box starfield...at least it would feel more futuristic than nothing or Monsters Inc.

Brer Panther

This is satire, right?
I dunno, I think he's on to something. The only dark ride Tomorrowland has is Buzz, and Magic Kingdom needs more people-eater non-thrill rides as is.

I'm not sure if there's any space in Tomorrowland for another dark ride... is the Stitch building big enough for one? Or they could bulldoze the Speedway, but I doubt they have plans to do that anytime soon.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom