Rumor Stitch's Great Escape Replacement— Don’t Hold Your Breath

Bocabear

what if they got rid of Princess Fairytale Hall and put a lounge in there? Having a lounge in Fantasyland would be great. What have they done with all the space that used to be the Walt Disney Story?... It was pretty huge.

Cmdr_Crimson

Sure, but in reality it’s a choice between leaving it vacant most of the time or using it for a lounge at least some people could use. I’d much rather see it reimagined with some better food offerings too but if that isn’t going to happen anyway I‘d rather see them use part of that space for the lounge over using the Alien Encounter building. I understand that a new “attraction“ there is also unlikely but never say never.
To the right of CoP which was for AAA members at one point..I haven't heard much of it has closed. But, they could always just use that as a lounge as it/was...a lounge..

Last edited:

aladdin2007

what if they got rid of Princess Fairytale Hall and put a lounge in there? Having a lounge in Fantasyland would be great. What have they done with all the space that used to be the Walt Disney Story?... It was pretty huge.
a chunk of it is the mickey meetngreet, it was huge and deserved something much better. mickey should have been able to keep his home in a toontown.

Bocabear

I always go back to the Animation Courtyard and a true non-temporary Toontown...which should house a proper Fab 5 Meet and greet in their proper settings along with a few other attractions. It would make perfect sense at DHS... Leave the Fairytale characters for Magic Kingdom... Mickey and and the gang in DHS Toontown...
Not sure who the meet and greets will be at Communicore Hall...

Cmdr_Crimson

I always go back to the Animation Courtyard and a true non-temporary Toontown...which should house a proper Fab 5 Meet and greet in their proper settings along with a few other attractions. It would make perfect sense at DHS... Leave the Fairytale characters for Magic Kingdom... Mickey and and the gang in DHS Toontown...
According to the map..The fab 5 will shift back to communicore in their same Epcot Character Spot location..
fr_7jyiuyaughbn-jpeg.637120

Which then will move Mickey from Imagination except the Chase/Visa M&G and which ever characters meet at the front area..

This makes me think tho...If Mickey moves from his space at Magic Eye...Will Figment take it over or would they remove the whole M&G area from Magic Eye for good? I mean think about it if you first close up the M&G's inside Imagination and then the DVC Lounge following that could indicate something for the Pavilion.🤔

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Mickey & Friends meet in every park. That will never change.

WDWTank

Just spoke with someone in the know...I don't often claim this, but I actually spoke to someone with firsthand knowledge (see discussion of when TRON was going to open if you don't believe my source's track record). I've posted a couple of tidbits in other threads.

Something may actually be going in the former Stitch location in the near future. Could be promising, according to this person. Sorry, that's all I've got. They wouldn't tell me anything else.
Doctor Who?

WDWTank

I know I’ve already said this, but a Doctor Who Tardis attraction should be the replacement for Stitch’s Great Escape. It’s on Disney+, I doubt Universal would want to use that IP for their park in the UK.

Cmdr_Crimson

I know I’ve already said this, but a Doctor Who Tardis attraction should be the replacement for Stitch’s Great Escape. It’s on Disney+, I doubt Universal would want to use that IP for their park in the UK.
Problem is this would make sense who have seen Dr. Who..I for one have not seen any. So, making an attraction and going blind into the Lore would be difficult..

Bocabear

Dr. Who may be on Disney+ but is really has nothing to do with Disney parks...it is not ingrained in the Disney catalog...It does not feel Disney...and Disney has done nothing with it other than acquire it with a bunch of other things. At this point they have a GIGANTIC catalog of IP that is actually DISNEY created. They do not need to add Simpsons or Dr. Who...and those IP would feel very out of place in a Disney park...

Last edited:

drizgirl

No. Disney has a tertiary relationship with so much media. It should take a lot more than that to get a place in Disney parks. Everyone keeps suggesting these non-Disney IPs for attractions in the parks. At what point do they just become IP World rather than Disney World?

Purduevian

or better yet just reopening TT to the public full time like it was designed/meant to be and operate.... execs: "lets cut cost and not operate anything we don't have to, corral and cram everyone into one or two eateries and close the rest". :banghead:
Armchair imagineering would say bulldoze the current TT and build a 2 story building in it's place. Ground floor could be similar to what is there now. 2nd floor a big ball room for events, banquets, and weddings with a large balcony and for fireworks/MK viewing. Allow the second floor to have an additional entrance from the back.

People pay an extreme amount of money to get married in far worse locations inside WDW, this could blow them all out of the water.

Last edited:

Cmdr_Crimson

Dr. Who may be on Disney+ but is really has nothing to do with Disney parks...it is not ingrained in the Disney catalog...It does not feel Disney...and Disney has done nothing with it other than acquire it with a bunch of other things. At this point they have a GIGANTIC catalog of IP that is actually DISNEY created. They do not need to add Simpsons or Dr. Who...and those IP would feel very out of place in a Disney park...
Same goes with Bluey. While It's licensed for aring on Disney .There was a scavenger hunt at Ft Wilderness during November of 2023 then a few weeks later it was suspended..I'm sure there was some red tape rights usage and they had a cease and desist with Ludo studios and also you don't see any Bluey Merch or a M&G in the Disney Jr area and I'm sure many parents have asked if there is one..

doctornick

I feel like a Doctor Who attraction would make the most sense in the UK pavilion in Epcot. Not only because it is a quintessentially British phenomena but because it would be a great vehicle to travelling in time and experiencing different historical events or eras in the British Isles via an attraction. So it could be an interesting mix of IP but also edutainment and history.

Cmdr_Crimson

I feel like a Doctor Who attraction would make the most sense in the UK pavilion in Epcot. Not only because it is a quintessentially British phenomena but because it would be a great vehicle to travelling in time and experiencing different historical events or eras in the British Isles via an attraction. So it could be an interesting mix of IP but also edutainment and history.
I would've rather had a ride around Benny Hill before that...😂
d2f.gif

mikejs78

Premium Member

Twilight Zone
Star Wars (well before Disney acquired them)
Toy Story (back before they were acquired)

All non-Disney properties (at the time) that were added to Disney Parks.

Cmdr_Crimson

Twilight Zone
Twilight Zone is still owned and licensed by CBS/Viacom..They are not owned by Disney.

This is why the TV movie of the ride's plot was changed as the elevator passengers just disappeared instead of going into the 5th Dimension. They weren't allowed to use it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom