Rumor Stitch's Great Escape Replacement— Don’t Hold Your Breath

TwilightZone

The Tomorrowland Terrace. It's rarely open -- I think they're only using it for dessert parties. Right there at the entrance of Tomorrowland just off the hub.
This is inspiring me

My workshop Tomorrowland ideas:

Keep Tomorrowland terrace open 24/7, move Sonny Eclipse to there, forgot if he has any specific lines about him being at "Cosmic Ray's", but if he does, it wouldn't be too big of an issue to just rename the terrace

Demolish Cosmic Rays, the two shops, and SGE and put a brand new dark ride in there. Non IP preferred.

Retheme Buzz Lightyear into something else that fits. Stitch for IP points could work, maybe Wall e.

Retheme Monster's inc or turn it into a simulator of some sort. If Wall -e and/or stitch doesn't go to Buzz, it could work here.

Update Space Mountain, peoplemover, speedway, whatever else needs updating

roj2323

This is inspiring me

Keep Tomorrowland terrace open 24/7, move Sonny Eclipse to there, forgot if he has any specific lines about him being at "Cosmic Ray's", but if he does, it wouldn't be too big of an issue to just rename the terrace

Demolish Cosmic Rays, the two shops, and SGE and put a brand new dark ride in there. Non IP preferred.

Retheme Buzz Lightyear into something else that fits. Stitch for IP points could work, maybe Wall e.

Retheme Monster's inc or turn it into a simulator of some sort. If Wall -e and/or stitch doesn't go to Buzz, it could work here.

Considering they have spent millions in remodeling cosmic ray's in the last 5 years, I doubt that's going to happen. It's far more likely to see Tommorowland Speedway get the boot as they haven't put much into it besides paint and gasoline since they made the track smaller for the Tron ride. That said, A much higher priority in the next 3-5 years is going to be seeing Space Mountain gutted and and a new ride system installed (much like Disneyland's version did) as the track is very near its end of service life and capacity is an issue.

Touchdown

That said, A much higher priority in the next 3-5 years is going to be seeing Space Mountain gutted and and a new ride system installed (much like Disneyland's version did) as the track is very near its end of service life and capacity is an issue.
I hope so, but considering the howling over loosing Splash for a year, I can’t imagine the uproar over losing Space for 1-2 years. That’s a huge capacity loss. It needs it though.

hismattjesty

This is inspiring me

Sonny does have Cosmic Ray's specific dialogue in his show. Sadly Kal David (Sonny's voice and a musician I'm a big fan of) passed away in August this year.

lazyboy97o

The Tomorrowland Terrace. It's rarely open -- I think they're only using it for dessert parties. Right there at the entrance of Tomorrowland just off the hub.
The Tomorrowland Terrace hasn’t been open in years. It briefly reopened around 2017 to test mobile ordering but that’s it. It’s not even seasonal for busy days anymore.

Magic Kingdom has less dining capacity today than it did 30 years ago when it saw half as many visitors. It needs Cosmic Ray’s, and the Tomorrowland Terrace along with a full replacement for the Adventureland Veranda plus some new quick service venues.

disneyC97

Agreed…is there a list on one of these threads on closed off MK spaces?

Tricorner(ed) Hat Shop anyone?

Though during my July 2021 vacation Tomorrowland Terrace was open and packed…hard to find a table at lunch and a lone cast member struggling to keep up with the trays/overflowing trash situation.

Bocabear

Now that they have increased the presence of Pixar at the Hollywood Studios park, they should go ahead and move Monsters Inc. over there. Buzz is fine, but could use a complete refresh and refurb to make it look more futuristic and less cartoony... new additions to the sets etc.
I really wish they would bring back Alien Encounter just as it was... It was a great attraction and nice to have something that felt a little more adult. Seems like Disney owns enough ip currently that would work within the storyline of Tomorrowland... or no specific IP would be fine too... But I feel like Tomorrowland is in peril...

castlecake2.0

Agreed…is there a list on one of these threads on closed off MK spaces?

Tricorner(ed) Hat Shop anyone?

Though during my July 2021 vacation Tomorrowland Terrace was open and packed…hard to find a table at lunch and a lone cast member struggling to keep up with the trays/overflowing trash situation.
Aunt Polly’s is the one that angers me, just give it a “secret menu” of exclusive snacks, get people to go over there for lunch and spread out crowds.

Bocabear

Aunt Polly’s is the one that angers me, just give it a “secret menu” of exclusive snacks, get people to go over there for lunch and spread out crowds.
That is a great idea...Aunt Polly's always suffered from an underwhelming menu of peanut butter sandwiches, then just drinks and chips. It would be a great place to sit along the waterfront and watch the boats go by...There is no waterfront restaurant on the Rivers Of America...

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Considering they have spent millions in remodeling cosmic ray's in the last 5 years, I doubt that's going to happen. It's far more likely to see Tommorowland Speedway get the boot as they haven't put much into it besides paint and gasoline since they made the track smaller for the Tron ride. That said, A much higher priority in the next 3-5 years is going to be seeing Space Mountain gutted and and a new ride system installed (much like Disneyland's version did) as the track is very near its end of service life and capacity is an issue.
To be fair, SM’s track was at the end of its service life 14 years ago, when it should have been replaced.

Disney Maddux

Skimming back through the beginnings of this thread, I just want to clarify something:

The originally proposed WIR simulator would've had the old Moon/Mars preshow layout finally gutted and turned into an elaborate queue (although with no pre-shows), that eventually led into one of the two theaters, which were now large projection domes ala Turtle Trek.

The theaters would still be leveled like they are now, and a few simulator Sugar Rush cars sitting on each level ala Despicable Me. Riders would've sat down, ride goes, exit into gift shop.

Is this correct?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Skimming back through the beginnings of this thread, I just want to clarify something:

The originally proposed WIR simulator would've had the old Moon/Mars preshow layout finally gutted and turned into an elaborate queue (although with no pre-shows), that eventually led into one of the two theaters, which were now large projection domes ala Turtle Trek.

The theaters would still be leveled like they are now, and a few simulator Sugar Rush cars sitting on each level ala Despicable Me. Riders would've sat down, ride goes, exit into gift shop.

Is this correct?
That’s one version. Roughly.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom