Rumor Stitch's Great Escape Replacement— Don’t Hold Your Breath

pdude81

WIR is past its relevancy and the sequel didn't get the box office numbers Disney wanted. They need a new concept that isn't based on a favor of the week.

Call me crazy, but I'd love to see an updated use of Circlevision technology, where the floor and the ceiling change, too. You could actually get a sense of what it would look like to stand on various planets. It would be like a combination of Circlevision and Flight to the Moon/Mars, paying tribute to the former attractions, but updating it with more advanced technology. No height, health or body requirements to experience. Something everyone can enjoy.
I disagree on WIR's relevancy. I think it has longevity based on the redemption arcs, "feels like a dummy but is a good person", and being a literal video game character gives him legs in perpeuity.

I agree on circlevision where they could jam a bunch of people in that space for an interesting visual show.

matt9112

SW is played out in the parks. Maybe a Doctor Who attraction?

It might be a tired IP but some kind of encounter is the best play for the tiny space. In theory could have something like the dinner show on the concrete spaceship. Theme wise it doesn’t fit TL but TL is already a gutted fish so why not add stuff that’s fun.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Doctor Who is owned by the BBC.

The BBC was working with a company to open a theme park in London. It got delayed... a lot. And now the builder withdrew the applications and is working on resubmitting.

Not likely to ever happen.

So, either the BBC retains the theme park rights to Doctor Who, or, this failed company is sitting on it... for now.

CoasterSnoop

I remember not long ago thinking the days of Disney abandoning spaces in the parks were behind us. Sure, some of the ones that were already abandoned from the mid-2000s were still there, but we weren't getting new ones. For the most part the Iger era at least saw Disney fill up spaces it closed in a reasonable amount of time.

It's absolutely maddening that sitting at the front of the highest-attended theme park in the world is an abandoned attraction building which, sans moldy animatronics, remains in the exact same condition as when it closed five years ago next month. I would ask how putting something here isn't a priority, but I'm reminded of D23 when they basically confirmed they had nothing for two hours.

Dragonman

I remember not long ago thinking the days of Disney abandoning spaces in the parks were behind us. Sure, some of the ones that were already abandoned from the mid-2000s were still there, but we weren't getting new ones. For the most part the Iger era at least saw Disney fill up spaces it closed in a reasonable amount of time.

It's absolutely maddening that sitting at the front of the highest-attended theme park in the world is an abandoned attraction building which, sans moldy animatronics, remains in the exact same condition as when it closed five years ago next month. I would ask how putting something here isn't a priority, but I'm reminded of D23 when they basically confirmed they had nothing for two hours.
Dang, five years ago already. You’re making me feel old lol

Disney Maddux

Probably the other main reason I have the foolish hope of a temporary reopening is so it can have a proper final show. I think that every attraction, no matter its quality or reputation, should have a formal final show for the people that will miss it.

Also, like I said, hopefully with Iger back on the table we can see a re-revival of WIR, or just... anything new here. Like you said, it's terrible that at the FRONT of the Magic Kingdom is an abandoned attraction.

UNCgolf

Probably the other main reason I have the foolish hope of a temporary reopening is so it can have a proper final show. I think that every attraction, no matter its quality or reputation, should have a formal final show for the people that will miss it.

Also, like I said, hopefully with Iger back on the table we can see a re-revival of WIR, or just... anything new here. Like you said, it's terrible that at the FRONT of the Magic Kingdom is an abandoned attraction.

Just like the mostly abandoned dining space also sitting right there at the front of the Magic Kingdom.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom