Rumor Stitch's Great Escape Replacement— Don’t Hold Your Breath

Maeryk

I'm not an expert, but I think it depends on the type of mold and whether or not it is safe. Either way, for a place with massive amounts of people every day, probably best to try to get rid of as much if it as possible. Unless that is the direction they are going with the location. Space Mold Mountain? Mold Mover? Mold Orbiter? Mission to Mold? Carousel of Mold? Etc...
It does. That is from the combination of the water leak and the cardboard, which likely had the mold long before it got anywhere near the building.

Mold is everywhere, pretty much all the time, and only some are dangerous to people, (fairly rare mold allergies aside).

That looks like it's happily munching on the binders of the wet corrugated. If you aren't made out if wet corrugated, you are probably safe. Also, I think I read that Disney uses electrostatic filter in it's air systems, which would greatly reduced the risk of it spreading, even if it's an airborne spore type

trainplane3

I'm not an expert, but I think it depends on the type of mold and whether or not it is safe. Either way, for a place with massive amounts of people every day, probably best to try to get rid of as much if it as possible. Unless that is the direction they are going with the location. Space Mold Mountain? Mold Mover? Mold Orbiter? Mission to Mold? Carousel of Mold? Etc...
Exactly. It still isn't the best for you, but the point still stands. How hard is it to scrub and dry something occasionally?

When you find mold, it does freak you out a bit. Let's say I was working for a large-ish rehab company in western PA and then let's say I go to a office to crawl under a desk to pull cabling. And then, for example, I move a foot rest under the desk only to find a nice 2ft by 2ft square of white mold with bits growing around the area I needed to pull through. Sure it isn't dangerous (after testing, for example), but it still isn't good to be around. And then refused to pull cabling until it was cleaned.

*Imagine if it took them 2 weeks to scrub the carpet it was growing on and test it. 2 weeks. Crazy, right?*

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Exactly. It still isn't the best for you, but the point still stands. How hard is it to scrub and dry something occasionally?

When you find mold, it does freak you out a bit. Let's say I was working for a large-ish rehab company in western PA and then let's say I go to a office to crawl under a desk to pull cabling. And then, for example, I move a foot rest under the desk only to find a nice 2ft by 2ft square of white mold with bits growing around the area I needed to pull through. Sure it isn't dangerous (after testing, for example), but it still isn't good to be around. And then refused to pull cabling until it was cleaned.

*Imagine if it took them 2 weeks to scrub the carpet it was growing on and test it. 2 weeks. Crazy, right?*
Florida. Mold is everywhere in every building. There's only so much you can do to get rid of it all. This is a fair amount of mold. More than it should be at Disney. But trust me when I say it is not an exceptional or worrying amount. Unless they were deep cleaning it with bleach at least once a day every day there I gonna be mold.

jkl2000

Ironically I hated Kubrick's version. It just seemed too over the top and contained idiotic pieces (like send the caretaker away to bring him back to kill him immediately). I find the TV version was creepier, even with the TV-budget effects. The end of part one, with the topiary converging on Danny was totally freaky. I also like both versions of Chocolate Factory, for different reasons. In the original, you feel that Wonka is borderline evil, and isn't even quite redeemed at the end. Burton's Wonka was more of a guy who has been shut in for so long he's lost touch with the world and doesn't know what to do - he's clueless on social interactions.

I don't really want to get involved in a discussion of The Shining - I have enough of that on a completely different forum! - but Hallorann is the cook, not the caretaker. (I had to remove his first name because the forum was covering it up - short for Richard, but not Rich! :) )

Maeryk

Mold may be in a lot of places, but storing cardboard boxes by leaky pipes and not fixing the problem seems silly.

I suspect the storage came first, and the leak second. And that building is original to Tomorrowland, so likely original piping as well.

Get the food (boxes) out, spray it down with professional soultion (aka Clorox and water), dry it throughly, and paint the plywood with killz.

Or call in a remediation company and pay them a million and change to do the same thing.

trainplane3

This guy better hope they dont catch him
Probably because I pulled the picture from Twitter, there's no exif data. So no timestamp, location, or phone info. That would make it more difficult to figure out when it took place. This guy might not even be with the company anymore too. But Disney's smart, so they'll figure it out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom