Rumor Stitch's Great Escape Replacement— Don’t Hold Your Breath

tminus7

Seasonal only means. Hey, it's an attraction that few people like and we can't think of a damn thing to replace it with, so just consider it a slow, slow, everlasting death watch. It is probably dead already, but, they don't want to bury it right away.
#rememberhorizons #remember20kleaguesunderthesea

At this point, I believe the only one that ever pulled through the terminal diagnosis that is Seasonal Only was CoP.

It's was strange that Disney didn't announce the closure like they did with Ellen and Great Movie Ride. However, in those cases they had already decided what would be replacing them. I think you're right, Stitch's is a placeholder until Disney decides what to do with that space.

Aries1975

I experienced AE in 1998 as an 13-yr-old boy on my first trip to WDW with my mother. It blew my mind. The effects, all of it. Was I scared? Yeah sure, when the lights went out and that thing was lose in the room with us..... Who wasn't a little freaked out. BUT I loved the overall experience. It was so cool!!!

I guess I'm a big wuss. I first rode Alien Encounter the same year on my honeymoon. Even as an adult, being pinned down to the seat in the dark and feeling the alien "breathe" and "drool" on the back of my neck was terrifying. :cold:

I never rode Stitch. I figured it was the same ride system and the same "trapped" feeling. I am perfectly happy on the people mover with the little ones while the other adults and teens ride. :happy:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

Tom P.

What do you mean, 'we'? :p

I kept pointing out that it was That One Website That We Don't Talk About that said it. Not only did no one on the whole Internet back that up, but our own insider @marni1971 said it was possible it would reopen at peak times.
I particularly like that The Website That Shall Not Be Named now has a new article up, ostensibly there to give the updated news about the attraction but, really, just defending themselves. The main thrust of the post seems to be that every time they report one of these things, that they are correct, but then Disney changes their mind, making it just look like the reporting was wrong. That is an... uh... interesting argument to say the least.

trainplane3

I particularly like that The Website That Shall Not Be Named now has a new article up, ostensibly there to give the updated news about the attraction but, really, just defending themselves. The main thrust of the post seems to be that every time they report one of these things, that they are correct, but then Disney changes their mind, making it just look like the reporting was wrong. That is an... uh... interesting argument to say the least.
He said "leaked documents". They were so leaked that he never mentioned them before then but had no issue with dumping some new info about the new GotG coaster. There's only one other person that runs a theme park site/forum/group that's as bad as clickbait boy but he's also jerk to anyone with a legitimate opinion. The forum has great users but the owner is terrible with PR and daily interaction. Gotta get those clicks guys.

I know our insiders have only said SGE's time is almost up. They never said this was the end of it. Until the signage is down, walls are up, and it's not on Disney's site, I'm just going to assume it's still seasonal.

Also, this is why we should appreciate our insiders on here. They state what they know without dressing it up. Seeing "X may be happening to Y" and "Z is actually greenlit to move forward but is held but by red tape" is a much better way to deliver info instead of screaming like a 5 year old and then expecting people to worship you when you're right...well eventually right.

Cesar R M

What do you mean, 'we'? :p

I kept pointing out that it was That One Website That We Don't Talk About that said it. Not only did no one on the whole Internet back that up, but our own insider @marni1971 said it was possible it would reopen at peak times.
Speaking of Stitch... How expensive are the AA's that are in the attraction?
I know the first one is very good, the stitch's one as well. The others are simple... would they re-purpose them somewhere else once the plans are final?

RSoxNo1

A couple of photos from E-Ticket Report co-host @derekburgan's Twitter

DTIfEzbUMAEOdkt.jpg

DTIfEykVQAEy_Yx.jpg

Amidala

I hope they don't get rid of MILF, it's such a funny and different experience and is great for families with young kids and people who just don't like rides much.

I'd like to see a replacement for Laugh Floor eventually, buy I definitely agree that it's much more fun than it seems from the outside looking in. It's accessible for kids but still equally funny for teens and adults, even after multiple watches. Stitch is definitely in need of a quicker replacement. But these are some of the first rides you see walking into Tomorrowland, and they don't feel very relevant or leave much of an impression. I'd love to see an in-theme circle-vision film of some kind (preferably with an original plot) take over Laugh Floor if and when the time comes, but that might be a pipe dream.

Castle Cake Apologist

I am curious- do any of our insiders know how the company ever justified monsters laugh floor in tomorrowland? I love the show but I have never understood how it was in a way thematicaly appropriate?!?! Curious if the company ever tried to make a logical ir even illogical connection i.e starlord in epcot narrative.

When I worked Ops, the official line was that the monsters have rented the Tomorrowland Metropolis Science Center to demonstrate their newly-discovered process of converting laughter into clean energy. You start out in the science center in the queue and eventually wind up in the monster world when you pass through the transporter door into the laugh floor.

hobovampire

TwilightZone

When I worked Ops, the official line was that the monsters have rented the Tomorrowland Metropolis Science Center to demonstrate their newly-discovered process of converting laughter into clean energy. You start out in the science center in the queue and eventually wind up in the monster world when you pass through the transporter door into the laugh floor.
holy smokes that is actually brillant
Is THAT the Site That Is Not To Be Named?? Named so I can FINALLY know and avoid?? I've been so afraid to ask around here, I almost ended up picking one of you to ask and pray I wouldn't be laughed at. (feel free to laugh now however)
LORT.
Don't worry, I was wondering too.

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Rarely go here but each time I do I hope it's officially official. Sigh, I did notice on my MDE app it was indeed back in business over the holidays..... how many good laughs we got amongst our family each time we passed and took note of the fastpass machines outside....and the wait time consistently being 15 minutes. :joyfull: At least the rest of the evidence is GONE.....(monorail, castle mayhem, soundtrack in the Adventureland bathroom....etc) Imagineering needs to dig deep and gut the whole thing....:angelic:....and solve the problem of what to put there instead.....:cool:

SteamboatJoe

Interesting. I was just thinking the other day that a potential solution to Tomorrowland's cohesive story problem is that in addition to being a spaceport in a futuristic city it should also be a port connecting dimensions, alternate universes, and time via portals, wormholes, or something similar. Not only would one expect to see aliens, robots, and/or humans at this central node but monsters and other strange beings as well. Sorta like the surge protector strip being the Grand Central Station of multiple video game universes in Wreck it Ralph.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom