Rumor Stitch's Great Escape Replacement— Don’t Hold Your Breath

FrankLapidus

Thems big words. Hope you're wrong. I think the attraction type itself is a great concept. I wouldn't mind seeing a similar attraction in WDW. If you're referring to the horror aspect.. yeah that, that would only work in HS nowadays. Seeing as how it WAS a proven success, just deemed "too scary" I wouldn't discount it's return. Maybe not A.E. but something similar being born from it's ashes could happen, hypothetically.

Yeah, I meant the horror aspect of it.

Maybe I will be proven wrong but I don't think we'll see an attraction like Alien Encounter at WDW again, not unless it was drastically toned down and if that were the case you'd be losing the things that made AE unique and worthwhile as an experience. I'd like to be wrong, but I just don't believe that Disney today would risk the kind of response to an attraction that AE received again.

RSoxNo1

Instead of Guardians of the Galaxy in Epcot, I wish WDW would have done Guardians in the SGE building. Could have come up with something similar to AE or SGE.
That's a very small building. Unless they removed the building (and connected shops/restaurants) entirely you're not going to get a D ticket in there, let alone an E.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
could they do a darkride in that space if they were motivated enough and wanted to spend to change the floor plan?
Yes. It's possible. Not on a grand scale but certainly doable; especially if they reroute a path and removed or reduced Auntie Gravity's and Mickey Startraders square footage. Throughput might be a problem. I would think any potential darkride would need to be on the smaller side yet have cabins that can accommodate a good many guests per vehicle. IDK. I don't think Disney would be willing to do it. Love to be proven wrong though. Tomorrowland could use a darkride. Not sure if this area would be a good location but it's certainly doable.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom