Rumor Stitch's Great Escape Replacement— Don’t Hold Your Breath

Cesar R M

I’m just ticked that Guardians was never an option for a replacement here. To me, it seems like the best IP to use, but that’s not going to happen since it’s being put in the wrong park.
They probably expected(as in original plan) to use Guardians into Tower of Terror at DHS...
Hopefully the plan for epcot is worth it.

aladdin2007

I think this is the only good use that Stitch has done for any of the Disney parks.. In my opinion! Also the only "IP Invasion" attraction I enjoy.

this, would make for a nice updated tiki room show, while not costing all that much to implement, and without sacrificing the tiki room all together, which of course many of us are worried about right now with it being on the endangered species list.

trainplane3

I do think what they had was enough of a warning. I know it's easy to get offended when we remark that some guests were ignorant or indeed stupid, but frankly, that's likely how it is. Some guests were likely indignant and insisted on experiencing it with their child. And I do think they could have "missed" the warnings, but at the same time, someone surely can't miss what the attraction was about. I mean, how on earth would you think an Alien Encounter with TERROR in the title would be a kid friendly attraction? As an adult, if you are fearful of enclosed spaces, the dark, etc. why would you go into it? It was unfortunate that they seemed to cave into the whining.

It's also sad that an adult attraction can't exist in the Magic Kingdom park. The stigma of the park is very much "it's a kids park", which does it a disservice, IMO. Why can't we have a mix of things? So what if your precious 3 year old can't experience it? I grew up not experiencing everything in a theme park (why can't your child wait?), I didn't get a participation trophy for things ... I survived just fine. Heaven forbid a child gets a scrape or a bruise or a broken arm or they get a little scared.

I do think it's interesting someone brought up what would happen if the attraction was launched in the social media age. I think there'd be a lot more awareness. Sure some parents would complain but I think it would be able to exist.

It's also an attraction I always felt belonged in MGM at the time though, which is interesting. Why wouldn't I think it's a natural fit for Tomorrowland (when I suppose it is)? Because the stigma of the park is KIDS ONLY.

Not really sure the location matters but I guess it does. I don't know if having it further back by Space Mountain would help. Is the argument that because it was something you first encountered people would just enter it and not pay attention to what it was about?

Aimless rant over ... lol
On my first visit to WDW at the age of 4, I enjoyed MK. But once I went to Epcot the next, even as a dribbling little kid, I always associated MK with being a "little kids" place. Get me away from Mickey and Minnie and take me to Figment, Bill Nye, and the country movies. My parents ended up spending another day in Epcot due to how much more I liked it, dropping what should've been a MK day. Oh, and no stroller too. I was a walker and I knew better then to run away from my parents.

I've always wished there were more adult things to do in MK. I would've done AE now but even in 2003, when I was 9, I still avoided it since I knew what it was. Now though? I would've had another thing to do. Now I do my 3 FPs, do TTA and CoP and then leave the park. Honestly, the park needs more attractions so everyone doesn't feel crammed together. I straight up avoid the zoo that is NFL now. And I'm a patient person with taking things slow too.

I'd be all for an adult attraction in MK.

brb1006

Were any of the same voice actors used? I believe Brad Garrett is the voice of Zurg, but for some reason I thought Star command had Adam Carolla as the voice of Zurg.
At the time Space Ranger Spin was created. This was the first time Zurg was ever heard speaking but the more well-known Zurg voice didn't exist till Toy Story 2 a year later.

EricsBiscuit

At the time Space Ranger Spin was created. This was the first time Zurg was ever heard speaking but the more well-known Zurg voice didn't exist till Toy Story 2 a year later.
I don't understand the hate for SRS. Ever since I was a kid I've loved it although it does get tiring maxing out every time.:cool:

SteamboatJoe

I experienced AE in 1998 as an 13-yr-old boy on my first trip to WDW with my mother. It blew my mind. The effects, all of it. Was I scared? Yeah sure, when the lights went out and that thing was lose in the room with us..... Who wasn't a little freaked out. BUT I loved the overall experience. It was so cool!!!

Same type of story here. Only a couple years earlier and 1 year younger. I don't remember being that scared. I knew it was pretend and I think I was aware going into it that it was a little more intense. I don't recall if my awareness of its nature came by word of mouth and/or if it was the signs. I can see how if you took a toddler or sensitive elementary school kids in there, it could be a problem but it was pretty obvious it was an attraction intended for older children, teens, and adults. Not quite Splash Mountain you might get wet obvious, but still pretty obvious to anyone remotely paying attention to their surroundings.

SteamboatJoe

Maybe they weren't extreme enough then. Mission space anyone?

The only issue with the M:S warnings was that they didn't mention the fact that it "spun" until they were lining you up to get into the simulator. Had one of the 20 warnings prior to the point mentioned simulated spinning, I would've chickened out much sooner or gotten in the green line from the start. I do extreme roller-coasters with crazy heights, speed, curves, and what-not all the time but for some reason, my brain just cannot handle the spinning.

Figment Newton

Corless posted a follow up article saying Disney is telling them that SGE will return despite internal documents to the contrary.
Yeah, I just saw that also. The article doesn't really seem to say why they think SGE is returning or any quote from Disney. Kind of confusing when I read it.

smile

I do extreme roller-coasters with crazy heights, speed, curves, and what-not all the time but for some reason, my brain just cannot handle the spinning.

amen...
take me anywhere on a rolley-coaster, but can't really handle the 'spin-n-pukes' - never could

always orange, though - forces me to immerse to avoid nausea :joyfull:
... and it works, but always before a meal, never after

Goofyernmost

Seasonal only means. Hey, it's an attraction that few people like and we can't think of a damn thing to replace it with, so just consider it a slow, slow, everlasting death watch. It is probably dead already, but, they don't want to bury it right away.
#rememberhorizons #remember20kleaguesunderthesea

At this point, I believe the only one that ever pulled through the terminal diagnosis that is Seasonal Only was CoP.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom