Rumor Stitch's Great Escape Replacement— Don’t Hold Your Breath

RoysCabin

5th gate!?! they dont have enough attractions in the 4 other parks now... If they can't figure out how to put Disney Movie based attractions into the Disney Movie themed park without rehashing the crappy Toy Storyland junk, how are they going to figure out how to create a whole 5th theme park full of attractions...If they did that they would probably have to borrow heavily from TDS as the idea...
but the biggest problem they face is allocating the money to actually do it and complete it...Not another half-built park that straggles on for decades.

A very fair point; I'm talking more blue sky thinking with regards to being able to design a park where integration of IPs is done in a more organic, less shoehorned fashion, but it's impossible to get around the severe issues they're having with the Studios as things stand at the moment given that they could have reshaped that park into an Islands of Adventure style layout but decided to only go halfway with it (e.g. bypassing the opportunity to do a full Pixar Place).

Haymarket2008

The always interesting twitter account @carouselof is reporting that there may now be a Big Hero 6 attraction taking over for Stitch? Insight? Anyone?

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
- Astro Orbiters...I will never go on them, but they look cool and fit the land. Stay as is.
I'd rather see them update the rockets with instantly recognizable ships from the Star Wars or GotG franchises. Imagine how much fun it would be to be in an X-wing right behind an Imperial TIE bomber. Of course, they'd have to add eye-safe lasers and smoke effects to make it fly...
xwing-vs-tiefighter.jpg

clemmo

So it was mentioned in the adventureland volcano thread by @marni1971 that nothing on the scale of the tron coaster is scheduled to open in TL. Either way I'd think whatever is replacing SGE, Buzz, and speedway should begin construction in 2018 or 2019 at the latest. Not having attention grabbers is fine but SGE and Buzz need to be replaced and speedway needs to be addressed regardless of whether or not a tron e ticket happens

Last edited:

Cesar R M

So it was mentioned in the adventureland volcano thread by @marni1971 that nothing on the scale of the tron coaster is scheduled to open in TL. Either way I'd think whatever is replacing SGE, Buzz, and speedway should begin construction in 2018 or 2019 at the latest. Not having attention grabbers is fine but SGE and Buzz need to be replaced and speedway needs to be addressed regardless of whether or not a tron e ticket happens
Dont give them ideas. I can imagine them trying to set up another emporium there.. or a third dumbo.

Bairstow

Is Buzz seriously on the chopping block? Unless they absolutely need the space to build something huge and they're closing the Laugh Floor, I can't see their removing it.
Could do with a refurb and some upgrades, though. All the other versions of Buzz in the world look and play better and use less plywood.

WDWTank

Is Buzz seriously on the chopping block? Unless they absolutely need the space to build something huge and they're closing the Laugh Floor, I can't see their removing it.
Could do with a refurb and some upgrades, though. All the other versions of Buzz in the world look and play better and use less plywood.
Buzz is one of the most popular rides in the park. One of the most balanced ip rides and kids love it. Kids would have a fit if it shuts down :)

WDWTank

One of the first rides I went on as an infant was Buzz. The cast members let me skip the lines over and over when it was my birthday once. Good memories :)

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
BVbv7ZY.gif

Not exactly. They've done comedies (Catalina Caper), crime dramas (I Accuse My Parents), disaster films (Avalanche), westerns (Last of the Wild Horses), and more.
Well, the only MST3K's I've watched have had B sci-fi or horror films. And who's to say that I Accuse My Parents isn't some kind of horror film...? ;)

clemmo

I thought it was mentioned a few weeks ago that a tron overlay or something of the sort was possible. Maybe it was just armchair imagineering. Either way it sounds like no major e/e+ ticket with this revamp which is fine TL really needs a replacement for SGE and updates at the minimum.

Bairstow

I thought it was mentioned a few weeks ago that a tron overlay or something of the sort was possible. Maybe it was just armchair imagineering. Either way it sounds like no major e/e+ ticket with this revamp which is fine TL really needs a replacement for SGE and updates at the minimum.

Whatever replaces Stitch is somewhat constrained by the size of that show building. I had thought that the rumored Wreck it Ralph attraction was the strongest contender here.
The Tron ride rumors are-again, off-again, but something like that would be so large as to require space along the perimeter of the park- speedway, or a combination of the carousel of progress and the Tomorrowland stage would work. Unless that's a viable expansion pad north of Space Mountain...

Anyway, the latest rumor is that instead of Tron, something large in Adventureland will be built, which would leave Tomorrowland with smaller updates probably limited to the Stitch replacement.

clemmo

Whatever replaces Stitch is somewhat constrained by the size of that show building. I had thought that the rumored Wreck it Ralph attraction was the strongest contender here.
The Tron ride rumors are-again, off-again, but something like that would be so large as to require space along the perimeter of the park- speedway, or a combination of the carousel of progress and the Tomorrowland stage would work. Unless that's a viable expansion pad north of Space Mountain...

Anyway, the latest rumor is that instead of Tron, something large in Adventureland will be built, which would leave Tomorrowland with smaller updates probably limited to the Stitch replacement.
I thought something happened with the wreck it Ralph proposal and it was losing steam. Also I think the adventureland stuff maybe after the 50th because @marni1971 said that's within the next decade. The mk seems to have a new proposal every week at this point it's very confusing

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom