Stitch and Tomorrowland=what do they have in common?

Disneylover1302

Original Poster
OK so there is Stitch's Great Escape in Tomorrowland and now they are giving him a show!:eek::eek::eek: Why are they putting all of this Stitch stuff in Tomorrowland? I mean really do they even know that they are basically destroying it!

I just wander how many people would go to tomorrowland during the refurb for Space Mountain and TTA. The only attractions there are:

• Monsters Inc.
  • Stitch's Great escape and his So-called show!(can get a couple of good hits:shrug::shrug:)
  • Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin(Can be a big hit!)

• Carousel of Progress (can close occasionally)
We will just have to wait and see!...

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I have a feeling that this stitch stage show may be the first step to getting rid of Stitch's Great Escape for something...well, different at least, but I have no idea

DisneyPrincess5

OK so there is Stitch's Great Escape in Tomorrowland and now they are giving him a show!:eek::eek::eek: Why are they putting all of this Stitch stuff in Tomorrowland? I mean really do they even know that they are basically destroying it!

I just wander how many people would go to tomorrowland during the refurb for Space Mountain and TTA. The only attractions there are:

• Monsters Inc.
  • Stitch's Great escape and his So-called show!(can get a couple of good hits:shrug::shrug:)
  • Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin(Can be a big hit!)

• Carousel of Progress (can close occasionally)
We will just have to wait and see!...

:wave:
I think Stitch is being brought into Tomorrowland because he's an alien...futuristic...goes well in a place called Tomorrowland. A friendly alien...an attempt to appeal to kids who won't/can't go on SM or others?

As for going to Tomorrowland during the SM/TTA rehab, I'd of course still go...I might shed a tear or two :cry: but I wouldn't consider skipping it! Gotta love Monsters, Buzz, CoP and Astro Orbiter...not to mention the fun atmosphere in general!

We'll be there in January, and the SM/TTA rehab is scheduled currently to end in November. Hopefully it will be done before our trip because I can't imagine a trip with no TTA!

brent2124

Hopefully once SM reopens they close SGE and make it anything else. It seems they may have finally noticed no one like SGE and whatever they put there will be a bigger hit.

DizneyPryncess

I think Stitch is included in Tomorrowland because Tomorrowland was designed to be an "intergalactic spaceport". It's always involved space to some degree. So in that regards, Stitch as a character would fit there since he's an alien.

I know the majority of people don't like Stitch - he's one of my favorite characters. I wish his ride was a little better though. :eek:

DisneyBoi1215

Buzz is a tolerable ride and doesn't annoy the stuff out of a lot of people. I can use riding SGE as a threat

Hey, now THAT is a good idea! :ROFLOL:LOL I love Stitch too, and I thought they could've made SGE a lot better. For instance, they could've done without the horrid chili dog smell.

Vince3

I don't care for Stitch or the ride, but I'll try to keep an open mind on all this.

Disneylover...nice props for Broduer !.He IS the BEST!

DisneyPrincess5

I have to say...an awful lot of people dislike SGE!
I might be asking an unnecessary question, but is it really all that bad?

I've never been on SGE. I went on EE once before it was replaced and did not like it at all (frightened me too much/didn't like being trapped in a seat) but I can't imagine SGE is worse, but maybe it is? What makes it so bad?

dsnyfreak

I thought alien encounter was way better but I like to be scared, I guess Disney was trying to get the younger crowd to tomorrrowland just look what they did with the comedy floor with monsters inc.! never seen it and probably never will doesn't appeal to me or my kids. they've seen the movie but would rather have a ride for them instead of a show. i like stitch and all but hes definately NOT my fav. i've never seen the move either. but I guess that Disney is trying to keep with the "intergalactic" feel of that part of the park, but to me it just doesn't seem to fit as well as the rides in the past.Maybe they are trying to put all the REAL future stuff in Epcot's future world and leaving tomorrowland to the kids version of the future?:( which is sad for us adults who love it as it was.

dsnyfreak

i suppose the attractions must be leaning more for the kids look what they did to 20,000 leagues under the sea!!! ariel's grotto?:shrug: pooh's 100 acre play spot?:(

krankenstein

I have to say...an awful lot of people dislike SGE!
I might be asking an unnecessary question, but is it really all that bad?

I've never been on SGE. I went on EE once before it was replaced and did not like it at all (frightened me too much/didn't like being trapped in a seat) but I can't imagine SGE is worse, but maybe it is? What makes it so bad?

I only find 2 things about Stitch redeeming, Skippy is still around and the actual AA of Stitch is simply amazing.

I don't care for the story, nor is it actually dark enough in the room for the effects to really "work" like they did in AE. It just lacks that something to make it a good attraction. :shrug:

raven

Monsters Inc. - Happens in a parallel universe, not in space.
Lilo & Stitch - Is set in current day Hawaii and only goes to into (current) space.
Toy Story - Buzz Lightyear is a superhero toy that flies in a movie based in current day.

How come these are in Tomorrowland? Because it's a stretch just to put characters in the parks. :brick:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom