still need IDEAS

Dizknee_Phreek

i've been trying so hard to think up of something (i shouldn't strain myself like this too often! :hammer: ) but i just thought of something. i remember reading about how Brendan Fraser (ya know, George of the Jungle, The Mummy, etc.) proposed to his wife. he's REALLY into collecting Poloroid cameras, so when they took a trip to, i think it was Frace, he took her to a bridge (i think) and took a Poloroid of them together. when the pic developed, his then g/f saw that in the pic he was holding out one side of his jacket, and inside the jacket was a note asking her to marry him. when she turned to look at him, he was down on one knee asking her to marry him. i love that story! *SIGH*
ok, anyway, my idea...i thought that would be cool if you had a Poloroid...but if you DON'T then my thought was that you COULD find one of the CM's who takes pics in front of the castle or where ever and do something similar, whether it'd be holding up a note asking her to marry you, or holding up the ring while taking the pic. the problem is getting the pic and then finding somewhere to show it to her...i don't think showing her the pic in the photo pic up area would be too romantic, unless it's her favorite spot in the park, which i doubt :animwink: i guess what you would have to do is cleverly find a way to seperate from her, go get the pic, and find a way to hide it until you're ready to show it to her.
if i think of anything else, i'll be sure to post it, if i think it could work out for you. but for sure keep us updated! and best of luck to you and your girlfriend!! :wave:

Nice Dinner

Rachel (my wife) is not a huge Disney fanatic, but when I mentioned this post to her she came up with a great idea. One of our favorite restaurants is Artist Point at the Wilderness Lodge. It is a fairly quiet and romantic restaurant, especially if you can eat outside overlooking the geyser. After dinner you could walk out to the pier and pop the question. It is a very quiet spot and would be great for a special moment for you and your bride to be. The path to the pier passes right past the geyser at the far end of the pool area.

WDWFREAK53

How about this...go out onto the back of the Grand Floridian...sit on the swings on the beach as the Fantasy in the Sky fireworks are going off and propose there...

dliddi

I would do it after the fire works, when MK is closing, I would stroll around just taking in the park at night, waiting for the crowds to leave so your one of the last ones there, so that it feels like the park is to your self’s. Then as your walking out, your stroll happens to pass the castle, you stop to admire it, gives you have a chance to pull out the ring, because she’s occupied by the castle, then down on one knee and ask

Good luck

disneytati

Originally posted by turkey leg boy

Remind me to try and be on that car if you do it. Maybe the ring will fly up into the air, and who knows maybe into my pocket.
:lol:

:lol: :lol: That was good!!! :lol: :lol:

Well, I like the idea of proposing to her during the MK fireworks. I would looove if my boyfriend did this!!!

Being in the parade would be cool, too, but maybe she could get embarrassed in front of everyone...

Kisses from the world cup champion!!!
Kisses from Brazil!!!
:sohappy: :kiss:

mickeysaver

Have you ever looked into doing a real event type of proposal? The folks at http://www.giftsofalifetime.com/ can help to arrange a very memorable event for you. It costs some money to create the event, but in an ideal world, this is something that you will only do once.

I have never used their services, but I have read many reports about their services on several boards and it seems as though they really work some magic.

Now, for me, I am not the major event type. I proposed by leaving a trail of Hershey's Kisses from the bed to the fireplace. I was waiting at the end of the trail when she woke up. She asked what I was doing and I gave her a card that had my proposal written in it. It said, "Now that I have kissed the ground you walk on, would you do me the honor of becoming my wife?" and of course, the answer was "Yes!" and I gave her the ring.

Good luck to you. I hope you have many fond memories of the event for years to come. Mickey

Erika

I kind of prefer the quieter, more private ideas. Artist Point; the castle (at the wishing well between Fantasyland and Tomorrowland would be a perfect spot in the evening); what about the beach at the Polynesian? You could even take a little walk from there to the wedding pavillion-- it's so close. A lot of the resorts have very romantic walkways. What about renting a boat somewhere? I don't think it's that expensive. A lot of the resorts have them available.

Dwarful

I agree that if you go for the parade option have a plan B..this year Florida weather has been unpredictable...you wouldn't want the parade to be rained out and then scrambling.

I like the glass slipper idea at a nice dinner at the top of the castle..do they do the dinner during the fireworks? that would be great...a late dinner...down on one knee, crystal slipper with the ring box inside of it...just a thought!

ToTBellHop

Okay...here's what you do...I hope you are a poet...and you'd have to clear this with disney for it to work!

You tell her that Disney has put together this really kewl treasure hunt type thing where they give you clues and you have to follow them to the end. The first clue would be in your hotel room...now, you would go on this treasure hunt with her, and there would be these little poetic hints to the next location on each piece of paper. It would take the whole day...now for the last clue...it would come out with her dinner at...the California Grill, and it would be served right as Fantasy in the Sky starts. Now, with your dinner would come two, personalize Mouse Ears with each of your names on it. The note would tell her to look in the Mouse Ears...and, of course, the ring would be on the inside. Again, you'd have to do this with disney and probably pick locations where people don't often go...

Justin

Oh cool r u talking about the thing they run at MK? Where they hide that treasure thing? That looks pretty neat but unfortinutely i dont have the $$$ to run for one of those resorts :hammer:

if thats what that is... When i was littler they did it near the Enchanted Tiki Room and i accidentally found the thing behind a Plant and ran off with it lol... :brick: :sohappy: :wave:

bgraham34

I was going to do it in Disney. But I decided not too. Why because she is a Beach bum, so I asked her last week here on a beach in NJ.

But I was going to do it during either Fantasy in the Sky, or at Cinderellas Castle for dinner, or our favorite ride Peter Pan.

Just go with what your heart tells you to do. That is how it worked for me. And it was the happiest moment of our lives.

stepharoni

I know... ask her on Tower of Terror, just before the first drop. Then you can both get your screams and butterflies out of the way...

Justin

hahaha Stepharoni thats a good idea! Go with ToT one! That way u will even have butterflies in your stomach after u ask her! either that or on RNR when it takes off.

stepharoni

No, seriously, this is it- right now! call and order a Walk Around the World brick and have it say "will you marry me?" or "Firewolfe loves Honeybutt" or something mushy that millions of guests will walk and spit on. Anyway, make sure it will be there by Nov. and then take her there when no one else is.

OK, I'll keep thinking....

Disney_Freak:oþ

Originally posted by stepharoni
I know... ask her on Tower of Terror, just before the first drop. Then you can both get your screams and butterflies out of the way...

haha!!! then you could buy the picture and see her face when you asked her!!! lol..

Dizknee_Phreek

Originally posted by mickeysaver
Now, for me, I am not the major event type. I proposed by leaving a trail of Hershey's Kisses from the bed to the fireplace. I was waiting at the end of the trail when she woke up. She asked what I was doing and I gave her a card that had my proposal written in it. It said, "Now that I have kissed the ground you walk on, would you do me the honor of becoming my wife?" and of course, the answer was "Yes!" and I gave her the ring.

That has GOT to be one of the most lovely proposals i have ever heard about! that's SO romantic, Mickey!!

Dwarful, i agree! i love the glass slipper idea! when i saw it on the Magic Happens commercial, i thought it was the cutest idea! it would be perfect for a Disney proposal...have a late dinner in Cinderella's Castle while Fantasy in the Sky is going on (you'd probably have to book that one REALLY early though!) and maybe set it up with the restaurant to have someone bring out the shoe in a very royal fashion, then put it on her (of course, making sure that it's the right size before hand! :animwink: ) and then giving her the ring and pop the question!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom