Steven Tyler No Longer "Loves" That Idea, He Only "Likes" It

Daniel Johnson

Not to argue about hand gestures...but aren't the index and the middle finger supposed to be together for this handsign? Not spread? I think the folks who reported this were reaching a bit...

Last edited:

The Empress Lilly

I swear I saw someone do it just a few years ago - I want to say 2014? Never saw it before or since. I only remember because I was genuinely surprised, I always thought the line was dumb. Didn't realize "Chris" was actually supposed to be in there.
I believe the name Chris was chosen because it can be either male or female, not limiting the position to half the CM cast.

(Although I've just learned in this thread that even with both male and female CM's available there aren't enough non-overweight ones available to fill the position)

Imagineer Mitch

To clear a little up with the "Chris" position. First, for the past couple of years it was simply a "task" position, a time when either overstaffed or not ready for another position to be pulled within the system. It's been less likely to happen within the last year with a new safety change moving the only entrance to around the building which takes more time to get to. Hope that clears it up a little!

Prince-1

I believe the name Chris was chosen because it can be either male or female, not limiting the position to half the CM cast.

(Although I've just learned in this thread that even with both male and female CM's available there aren't enough non-overweight ones available to fill the position)

They should have used the name Pat instead of Chris.

tumblr_maf1q1FxPs1qhtpoqo1_500.gif

Kevin_W

I saw the headline and was confused - my DD has been to short to ride this all the times we've been to WDW. She just got tall enough and we ride it 5-6 times while in France at DLP. Apparently, they have a different pre-show over there. I would have thought it would be the same.

AndyS2992

I saw the headline and was confused - my DD has been to short to ride this all the times we've been to WDW. She just got tall enough and we ride it 5-6 times while in France at DLP. Apparently, they have a different pre-show over there. I would have thought it would be the same.

I don't recall it being that different but the last few times I've been to DLP they don't even show the preshow, they had us just walk straight through and straight on to the ride. Never seems to have a line outside of July/August.

MrHappy

Steven makes all kinds of hand gestures when he performs...not all of them mean something...I guess I just figured it was the typical "Steven Tyler Fingers" type thing...

Has anyone just asked the guy?
I thought the same thing, just kinda a like a weird Robert Plant type thing to do. Well, since they've got the ol' computer out, can they give the band members haircuts and clothing a little more current today?

Kevin_W

I don't recall it being that different but the last few times I've been to DLP they don't even show the preshow, they had us just walk straight through and straight on to the ride. Never seems to have a line outside of July/August.

The longest line we saw on an August weekend was ~15 minutes!

DLP definitely looks like a different pre-show, and what we saw was condensed. We saw from ~1:10 to 1:50 mark on this video.

Bairstow

Honestly I never noticed what steven did with his fingers. just thought he was holding his hand up to shade the lights so he could see the crowd

Same here. Even after I knew about the controversy I couldn't recognize it- I always thought he was supposedly doing it when he was already in the limo.

Speaking of the lights he would have been looking into, weren't they so bright (because they were filming in IMAX) that everything behind the camera was like 140 degrees?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom