Steve Davison hints at 2 new projects

Tip Top Club

I don't get why anyone would want to remove Fantasmic! Update it, don't remove it! Didn't we learn anything from the whole "Let's do Fantasmic on Sundays and Thursdays only" Thing?

WDWFigment

A new nighttime show for the Magic Kingdom done by Davison was really close to being greenlit in the past. If this isn't one of the projects to which he's referring, I'd assume it's something for the Magic Kingdom. Just an educated guess, though.

InsiderImagine

I don't get why anyone would want to remove Fantasmic! Update it, don't remove it! Didn't we learn anything from the whole "Let's do Fantasmic on Sundays and Thursdays only" Thing?

From what I've been told there is no Fantasmic! update, but a completely redone new show. Steve Davison does nothing half done. You will see something amazing and the majority of you will be estatic about what it is. Probably will not hear anything about these projects until a few months (unless anyone :animwink: wants to leak any info about it).

TalkingHead

Wasn't there talk at one point of a nighttime show being added to Downtown Disney as part of the revamped PI?

Maybe Lee can confirm if the Davidson project is located in one of the four parks?

EPCOTCenterLover

I'll say DAK. With an idea of nighttime safaris coming in 3-4 years, a night show on the water would finally help make DAK a full day and nighttime operating park.

Lee

Adventurer
Wasn't there talk at one point of a nighttime show being added to Downtown Disney as part of the revamped PI?

Maybe Lee can confirm if the Davidson project is located in one of the four parks?

From what I'm hearing, this new stuff will be in a park.
The "World of Color lite" at DTD hasn't been approved to my knowledge.

Also, the things Davison is working on are concepts and proposals. Not fully funded, green lit things. A good sign, but not sure things, yet.

CaptJapan

Ok I am 100% certain this is real, I read it off a piece of paper I found on a bus. A Disney bus...uh huh....clearly Disney is into viral marketing.

It's called Walt Disney World the Ride. It's a ride through all the rides that are now gone! the queue is a complete replica of the Adventures Club, where you then board one of Mr. Toad's Wild Rides. You then drive into the world of motion where the Dreamfinder lets your ride fly! Where you suddenly find yourself on a dreamflight where you fly over the Magic Kingdom, suddenly you crash and travel 20,000 leagues under the sea. But it's OK cause just as your about to be destroyed by white blood cells, you enlarge and find yourself on top of the destroyed rubble of the demolished Sorcerer's Hat!

TP2000

Rumors have the riverboat at the MK being removed or permanently docked. Could the MK be getting a version of Fantasmic like Disneyland?

The magic of Disneyland's Fantasmic is that it uses both big boats that operate for park visitors during the daytime; Sailing Ship Columbia and Mark Twain Riverboat. Then at night they transform into Captain Hook's Pirate Ship for the Peter Pan segment midway through, and Steamboat Willie's Riverboat for the grand finale'.

If a Steve Davison produced Fantasmic II is coming to the Magic Kingdom Park, not only do they need to keep the Liberty Belle Riverboat fully functional, but WDW management will need to build a second "big boat" to use for rides during the day and shows at night. I wonder what a Sailing Ship Columbia would look like on the Rivers of America at WDW? It would certainly look quite handsome and theme-appropriate with Liberty Square as a backdrop instead of Frontierland as its backdrop in Disneyland. :lookaroun

Sailing Ship Columbia in daytime operation at Disneyland USA

The Sailing Ship Columbia with Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes by MistrWebmastr, on Flickr

All that said, if Steve Davison isn't working on a Fantasmic II for Magic Kingdom Park, there's still a boatload (get it?) of potential for good things at any of the four WDW parks.

Davison produced the fabulous Mickey's Soundsational Parade that debuted at Disneyland last year http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5l6ss3XK5CY&feature=related , and a similar treatment for a Fantasyland-themed parade for Magic Kingdom would do wonders to bring daytime entertainment in that park into the 21st century. We all know the Magic Kingdom's current Celebrate The Magic Of Floats That Were Built In The Reagan Era Parade of Wonder Dreams and DVC 3 O'Clock Parade, Presented by Waste Management has seen better days. Davison could do great things with a built from scratch parade for New Fantasyland.

Add in a World of Color II from Davison for Downtown Disney or DAK, and things will be turning around on the entertainment-spectacular front in WDW! :sohappy:

RalphinSC

.....I do the all the stage shows at MK aka DAWM and CDCTP, etc ( train new cast members in entertainment)

.....I was told that a new stage show was coming just Thursday by someone! The new stage show will have something to do with Bringing the New Fantasyland to the Forecourt Stage, this is all I know an that's all I've been told __remember this Is all subject to change without notice an I believe from

.....our choreography team will be sampling music in the next couple of weeks for some new parade weren't given specifics

Did everyone miss this from page 2 or just discount it? Looks to me like a source in entertainment at MK is referring to a new forecourt stage show and a new daytime parade. Just wondering if anyone else saw that or whether it was missed. :shrug:

jt04

The magic of Disneyland's Fantasmic is that it uses both big boats that operate for park visitors during the daytime; Sailing Ship Columbia and Mark Twain Riverboat. Then at night they transform into Captain Hook's Pirate Ship for the Peter Pan segment midway through, and Steamboat Willie's Riverboat for the grand finale'.

If a Steve Davison produced Fantasmic II is coming to the Magic Kingdom Park, not only do they need to keep the Liberty Belle Riverboat fully functional, but WDW management will need to build a second "big boat" to use for rides during the day and shows at night. I wonder what a Sailing Ship Columbia would look like on the Rivers of America at WDW? It would certainly look quite handsome and theme-appropriate with Liberty Square as a backdrop instead of Frontierland as its backdrop in Disneyland. :lookaroun

Sailing Ship Columbia in daytime operation at Disneyland USA

The Sailing Ship Columbia with Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes by MistrWebmastr, on Flickr

All that said, if Steve Davison isn't working on a Fantasmic II for Magic Kingdom Park, there's still a boatload (get it?) of potential for good things at any of the four WDW parks.

Davison produced the fabulous Mickey's Soundsational Parade that debuted at Disneyland last year http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5l6ss3XK5CY&feature=related , and a similar treatment for a Fantasyland-themed parade for Magic Kingdom would do wonders to bring daytime entertainment in that park into the 21st century. We all know the Magic Kingdom's current Celebrate The Magic Of Floats That Were Built In The Reagan Era Parade of Wonder Dreams and DVC 3 O'Clock Parade, Presented by Waste Management has seen better days. Davison could do great things with a built from scratch parade for New Fantasyland.

Add in a World of Color II from Davison for Downtown Disney or DAK, and things will be turning around on the entertainment-spectacular front in WDW! :sohappy:

Hmmmm. "empresslilly" mentioned something yesterday about possible changes to Frontierland. She was worried that these changes might ruin the effect at WDW of the river disappearing into the horizon. I tried to get her to say what rumor was going around that might cause this original bit of magic to be lost and I don't believe there has been any reply.

The subject came up in the Poly balloon test thread.

Could it be possible Disney would retire or relocate the Liberty Belle and bring in two smaller, easier to manuever vessels for the MK that could function like those at DL?

I see a lot of pros and cons here. It would be great to have the show but I would, like "empresslilly", hate to lose the riverfront section of LS and FL. However, a reconfiguration of the riverboat attraction could allow them to turn Liberty Square into a much more immersive land and even bring in the PatF franchise to the riverfront as an enhanced m&g or as a new mini-land on TSI.

You get the feeling these things are like toppling dominoes and that the Haunted Mansion refurb from around 2007 was just the first domino in a series of great projects.

Of course this is all pure speculation and I tend to believe this has to do with them wanting to place a WoC show somewhere at WDW.

It would be good to hear what "empresslilly" knows. :lookaroun

Davison's track record includes pyrotechnic, hydrotechnic, and light shows as well as parades, so I don't think he'd be responsible for a new castle stage show.

I'd put my money on the new MK parade and either a nighttime show at DAK or a new parade at DHS.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
From what I'm hearing, this new stuff will be in a park.
The "World of Color lite" at DTD hasn't been approved to my knowledge.

Also, the things Davison is working on are concepts and proposals. Not fully funded, green lit things. A good sign, but not sure things, yet.

I find it interesting that this comes out just as Universal starts showing their parade/nighttime show? Reactionary by Disney by any chance?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom