Staying at Pop

Disneygirl91395

I am Staying at Pop Centuary in August and was wondering if anyone had any tips also on of my friends who has been to Walt Disney World as much as i have says that pop isnt one of the best resorts and its small crowded dirty and wierd does anyone else fell this way if nso should i change me reservation to All Star Movies? thanks :D

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
12th time there POP Lets let everyone find there happy place:sohappy:

BRER DAD

I stayed there the year it opened and was suprised on how dirty it was. I wasnt a big fan of it, but I know a lot of people love it there. My fav. hotel is POR!! Its the only place we will stay.

Upvote 0

Green Lantern

I've stayed at Pop a few times and liked it. Sure it gets crowded, as do all resorts, but that depends on the time of year you go. As for being dirty I never had an issue with that, and I am a neat freak, so that is something I would mention if I saw that. As for weird, well, I don't know what they meant by that.

The food court is pretty good, lots of choices. Nice grounds to walk, pools, and all that. My only complaint is how the fellow vacationers there can get a bit too rowdy (loud, obnoxious, slamming their doors at all hours of the night), but I guess that can happen anywhere.

I've stayed at the All Star Resorts as well, and honestly, to me, they seem the same as Pop.

Hope this helps!

Upvote 0

brkgnews

I stayed at Pop probably half a dozen times and never had any troubles. Some folks don't seem to like the values in general... but I've never had a problem with them.

Upvote 0

cymbaldiva

I stayed at Pop last September and didn't find it to be any of those things...

Small - umm, no.

Crowded - about the same as any value

Dirty - certainly not; we found it to be quite well maintained

Weird - well, I suppose everyone's definition of the word is different; we thought it was really cheerful and fun :)

Upvote 0

Mystic

I stayed at Pop for the first time last October and never saw anything wrong with it. Yes the room was a little smaller than I was used to, seeing as I usually stay at the Wilderness Lodge but it was neat and tidy, not hint of being "dirty". The hotel itself is quite large, and as for crowds, it all depends on what time of year you're there.

Upvote 0

imamouse

I've stayed at Pop 1-2 times per year since they opened and I have never discovered anything that would be called 'dirty' - either in the rooms or around the grounds/public areas. I like PC much better than the All-Stars, although they're the same catagory. Dedicated bus service, better food and view of Illuminations are all upgrades IMHO.

Upvote 0
I agree with the others. You have to keep in mind that it's a value resort (ie a glorified motel) but it is certainly clean and a nice place to stay if you're on a slightly tighter budget but still want to experience the Disney magic 24/7. I've stayed there twice and would do so again, no question.

Upvote 0

Tinkerbella16

We love Pop! I would stay Pop before the All Stars, and I can say that because I've stayed at all of the All Stars and Pop Century. We never had any problems with it being dirty or too crowded. The bus system was fine. Our first time there it was July and it was not bad at all. And the other time it was a very slow week in November and it was absolutely great both times. I don't like the All Stars because of the reasons stated...dirty, crowded, bad foodcourt, busses are terrible WHEN the 3 hotels share, and small. Pop Century is a bit more spread out, and I like that about it. The foodcourt is great with a great selection, there are more pools, and the resort is a short ride to everything except AK..which is always good. If you stand at a certain spot in the 50's section you can see Illuminations at Epcot. For the money, Pop is a good choice. I prefer the mods more than the values, that is just me...but when I really am on a tight budget, you can find me at Pop in a second.

Upvote 0

michelemily

We just stayed at pop century from June 23 until June 28....it was very clean....in fact, our housekeeping was always done cleaning our room by 10am every day except one day.

The only thing is that the food court does get very crowded and there are different stations for different foods, so my husband would go up while I waited with our two kids and he would have to wait in one line for what he wanted then another line for what the kids wanted and then still another line for what I wanted and then wait to get checked out.....but that is the case with any food court, I would imagine.....but the checkout line does go fast. and there are ton of tables,,,even when it is raining or a meal rush, we could always find a table.

Upvote 0

Disneykidder

We stayed at Pop last summer and really enjoyed it. It was very clean, so not small and we didn't wait for a bus longer than 10 minutes. Sure it was crowded but so is all of WDW in August.

I have to tell you that you may not be able to switch this late in the game. I have been trying to upgrade for weeks now for my end of August trip and have been unable to. Everything is just booked.

I really don't think you will have a problem at Pop. We thought it was fun, clean, food court had an awesome variety (and was good, too), gift shop had some cool things, staff was nice, pools were cool and not that crowded and there was no smell to it all.

Good luck!:)

Upvote 0

stmize

We stayed at PC in May 05 after it opened thinking it would be better than the All Stars. It was very Big. My family didn't like the food in the food court as well as the All Stars. We had stayed at All Star Music in 03. In 06 we decided to try All Star Movies and we loved it. We didn't mind it even that we had to share buses at certain times. It still was bad. We even stayed at the movies in 07 and plan to stay there this Nov. So I guess it is just up to each person what they prefer.

Upvote 0

macsmom

I can't figure out where the dirty comes in. The grounds are always clean, room was clean....well, everything looked great. I don't even recall seeing any paper flying around anywhere. Not even the parking lot.

danna

Upvote 0

krankenstein

I've stayed at Pop 1-2 times per year since they opened and I have never discovered anything that would be called 'dirty' - either in the rooms or around the grounds/public areas. I like PC much better than the All-Stars, although they're the same catagory. Dedicated bus service, better food and view of Illuminations are all upgrades IMHO.

I agree with her 100%!

I would suggest that you request a room in the 70's building.

Upvote 0

cabihler

everyone has their own tastes i guess however

having stayed at every resort on property except AKL and the campgrounds i would have to disagree with your friend. i have stayed at the POP probably a dozen times and love it there. the food court is the BEST of the values. yes it is large. i think its bus queues are also the best of the values.

suggestion for you ---- after always requesting PREFERRED rooms at the POP i once asked for a STANDARD and was surprised to find myself staying in a room only 7 doors away from a PREFERRED i stayed in on a previous trip and then i was to learn that i could request a particular section even if i asked for a standard ---- SOOOOOOO request a 60's room and you will find yourself wonderfully located with central access to everything at the resort.

Upvote 0

BRER DAD

I can't figure out where the dirty comes in. The grounds are always clean, room was clean....well, everything looked great. I don't even recall seeing any paper flying around anywhere. Not even the parking lot.

danna

If you stayed in the room I did, it wouldnt be hard to figure out!! :( I had to call to have it vacumed, and there was peanut shells on the floor......we didnt even eat any peanuts. The pool deck was also very messy. Im just saying what my experience was like, dosnt mean its like that daily.

Upvote 0

Disneykidder

I suppose there are exceptions to everything. Does Disney intentionally forget to vaccuum a room? Probably not. Sometimes these things happen. As long as it is taken care of then all is good in the world. I have yet to stay in a dirty room or see dirty grounds at any of the 5 resorts I have stayed at. We loved Pop and all of the others, too. I am sure we are going to love staying at resort #6 ASMu for the first time this summer.:)

Upvote 0

hhhmickey

My family has stayed at Pop on three occasions...all were good experiences. It's certainly not as nice as the Deluxe, but it's basic accomodations and still has the Disney magic. It can be crowded, but I've never noticed a problem with cleanliness.

Upvote 0

Tinkerbella16

danna

I agree. Both times we stayed there, there were CM's cleaning and washing the walkways on each floor of the buildings every morning. It was great! :)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom