Statements about WDW that grind your gears

Kate F

Original Poster
What are some fairly common statements about the parks that get thrown around that are hard for you to not step in and speak up about? Those things people say that you just can’t let slide and ignore, you have to voice your opinion on it?

At the top for me is any post suggesting Splash Mountain needs to be re-themed. I just cannot stay silent when I see it.

“There’s not enough Star Wars” is pretty high up there too.

SourcererMark79

In the Parks
No
Sam did nothing. Sam did not apologize. Sam did not let me sit down. Sam did not give us vouchers for free dessert. Sam did nothing but stand in front of the door and treat us like second-class citizens.
The first thing I noticed from the monorail is that the castle is under construction (hmmmm, not very magical).

NelleBelle

My daughter lives in Tacoma. If she doesn't move back east It'll be awhile before we get up to see her. I mean, when it's considered safe to fly again she can always come visit. I get it though, a long old way to pull a trailer. Believe me when I say that I understand using your own, but if you just want a taste of the Fort, there's always the cabins or you can rent a really nice trailer in Orlando! They have it set up before you get there and all you have to do is move in!
Pirates of the Caribbean is garbage.....why do they even keep this ride.

Seriously, a family member who does not go very often said this.
I simply......walked away.🥴
Wow! I think I would’ve removed from all FP reservations and let them be in their own in the standby lines!

ddbowdoin

“Wow, it’s so expensive”... usually coming from someone who has never traveled.

Go book a trip to Paris, stay in hotels, arrange transportation, all of the stuff to do, food, if you rent a car prepare yourself for 5 dollar a gallon gas, 6-10 euro tolls every 39 feet.

it adds up, fast.

disney isn’t the cheapest trip in the world but it’s an incredibly efficient package and experience laid out for you.

Giss Neric

I don't know if it's just me but I LOVE reading 1 Star reviews of Disneyland/Disney World on Yelp. As an AP who might not know everything but knows significant enough about the parks, it's infuriating yet funny reading the reviews. 80% to 90% of the reasoning are the result of their own doings and not really Disney.

Some are understandable and I agree but most of it are either about cleanliness, the Florida weather, nobody pays attention to their happy birthday pin, crowds, and overall lack of planning.

Sample is one of those "Karen"

Jrb1979

"Disney is only for children." hate that, it is for everyone.
While it is for everyone its more geared to families with littles. I enjoy going to Disney but have a much better time at Cedar Point cause I enjoy high thrilling rides.

What does grind my gears is when you see threads asking how intense a new Disney ride. Its almost like most Disney park goers only go to Disney and never visit another park.

The Empress Lilly

I don't know if it's just me but I LOVE reading 1 Star reviews of Disneyland/Disney World on Yelp. As an AP who might not know everything but knows significant enough about the parks, it's infuriating yet funny reading the reviews. 80% to 90% of the reasoning are the result of their own doings and not really Disney.

Some are understandable and I agree but most of it are either about cleanliness, the Florida weather, nobody pays attention to their happy birthday pin, crowds, and overall lack of planning.

Sample is one of those "Karen"

I'm afraid I do believe these are fake, satire.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom