Statements about WDW that grind your gears

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
While it is for everyone its more geared to families with littles. I enjoy going to Disney but have a much better time at Cedar Point cause I enjoy high thrilling rides.

What does grind my gears is when you see threads asking how intense a new Disney ride. Its almost like most Disney park goers only go to Disney and never visit another park.

I guess I disagree with you. I have been to other parks in the past and have to chaperone a field trip to a regional amusement park every school year (well not this one). The regional park has more thrilling coasters than Disney but the rides have no story. I appreciate the story, theme, and details of Disney. Plus high thrilling rides aren’t what I enjoy all the time. I have no interest in visiting other parks things like Cedar Point or Six Flags, and even Universal. My money is limited and Disney has what I want in a theme park and there isn’t anything wrong with that as you allude to in your last statement. And I stand by my statement of Disney is for everyone.

Cmdr_Crimson

It was my attempt at satire. I failed. :'(
Aw, your okay..Were good...;)
Homer Simpson Never Try GIF - HomerSimpson NeverTry ...

Jon81uk

What time is the 3 o'clock parade?

See, this one I can sorta get. The parade leaves Frontierland at 3pm, but most people are stood on Main Street getting frustrated as they think the parade should pass them dead on 3pm. So what they mean to ask is "what time will the parade pass in front of me?", or "Is the parade running late, I thought it was at 3pm"

Last edited:

Jon81uk

Another that grinds my gears is the amount of planning needed to truly enjoy a Disney vacation. Its why so like Universal more. No planning involved. Just book your room and do want you want when you want.

Because Disney gets double the number of visitors.
Its like the fact you might need to make a restaurant reservation in New York, but you don't in a small town. Vacations to busier places need more planning and reservations become more important.

Jrb1979

Because Disney gets double the number of visitors.
Its like the fact you might need to make a restaurant reservation in New York, but you don't in a small town. Vacations to busier places need more planning and reservations become more important.
True but I don't planning out my vacation right down to the minute of every day. I'm surprised so many love doing that much planning

SourcererMark79

In the Parks
No
See, this one I can sorta get. The parade leaves Frontierland at 3pm, but most people are stood on Main Street getting frustrated as they think the parade should pass them dead on 3pm. So what they mean to ask is "what time will the parade pass in front of me?", or "Is the parade running late, I thought it was at 3pm"
It's 2pm during the winter also ;)

Goofyernmost

The only thing that really annoys me is when Disney promotes Epcot and says very plainly that Walt wanted this park to reflect new technology and they are just doing what Walt wanted them to do. Seriously? Walt would be slapping someone silly about that. He envisioned a city of the future not a theme park of the future. The thing that pushed him to buy all that land in Florida and to even have the one MK theme park was to help support the city that he envisioned. He did not visualize a theme park named Epcot, he envisioned an "Experimental Prototype Community (City) Of Tomorrow. The thought of a park with a future world and World Showcase never crossed his mind. It is and was a great place, but Walt did not plan and think about for even a second. For goodness sake just be honest and say... We thought of it, but we think Walt would have liked it.

Last edited:

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
On the busses going to HS and the Harry Potter soundtrack plays... a teenage girl says “No way! We’re going to Harry Potter land?!”

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom