Trip Report Start & Finish=Tragical/In Between=Magical

Hi Friends!! Before I dive into the details of this trip I just wanted to give a quick explanation about the title. Nothing serious happened to anyone. There were some down moments at the beginning & the end, hence "tragical". R actually came up with the title for this TR. I had to tweak it a bit but overall it was fitting & I was happy with it so here we are!!

WHO:
IMG_8839.JPEG

You probably remember most of us(we were the same crew that was there in July 2021 but we're minus my nephew, JC this time).
The "adults"(& I use that term loosely & not b/c of the my sisters & I 🤣) from left to right are C, myself, R, E & D.
In the front row we have E, A, & J!!

WHEN:
Thursday, July 7th-Thursday, July 14th(R, E, J & myself)
The rest of the crew arrived on the 1st & didn't leave until the 17th so they were there quite awhile longer than we were!!

WHERE:
IMG_5284.JPEG

Beach Club Villas!!

I know, you've gotten used to the Riverside crew staying at Saratoga in recent days. Why Beach Club then?? E is a funeral director & there was a funeral directors convention during part of our trip at the Yacht Club so it made more sense to stay there than at Saratoga(don't worry, next month we will be back there;))

The rest of the crew stayed off property for a bit, then transferred to Saratoga for awhile then spent their last few days at Beach Club.

I'm super excited to share this trip with everyone & I hope you all enjoy it!!

Last edited:

lindawdw

I'm finally here and so excited for this TR!!!
Excited Jersey Shore GIF by Jersey Shore Family Vacation
 What a way to begin a trip to WDW!!! I felt so sorry for J, but you all handled it as well as can be expected. 🥴 I'm so glad that the BC was able to get a room for you right away so he could rest and hopefully he felt better soon after! We own at the BC Villas and feel that the rooms are pretty bland in decor too, but you just can't beat the location to in and out of Epcot! Can't wait for more. :)

Songbird76

THURSDAY, JULY 7TH

Also, in case you wanted to see the view of the airport parking lot in the middle of the night.
View attachment 667443

I dropped my things off in the car & we all met up in the lobby. In no time at all we were through security & in the airport. At 4:28 we arrived at Starbucks, but they don't open until 5:mad:
View attachment 667444

So, we joined the rest of the passengers in the airport & got in line for Dunkin. As you can see, J is taking his usual spot while waiting in line....
View attachment 667445

We all got beverages & J also got either a muffin or a donut. It doesn't really matter what it was b/c he never consumed it. As we were heading to the gate he got really quiet & got a funny look on his face. Seriously, this happened totally all of a sudden. He said he didn't feel well. Here's when Tragical Episode #1 comes into play--

No sooner did he say this out came the projectile vomiting. We weren't anywhere near a trash can. E drops what's in her hands & tries to catch what she can in napkins. Even the thickest Bounty wouldn't have been a match for what was going on at that moment. Hands & napkins overloaded she runs to the nearest trash can. I drop everything(as I did that my drink starts spilling on the carpet) & take my purse off my shoulder & used the only thing I had to try & catch what I could--my bare hands. And let me tell you, poor J was still going strong. In the meantime I'm getting snippy with R as he's standing there taking it all in. I told him to go get me more napkins. He comes back with a few(& when I saw a few I mean a few) & I send him to get more. I ended up with a minimal amount on my shirt but my shoes, arms & hands were covered(thank goodness the Apple watch is waterproof;)). By this point E had J in the bathroom to clean themselves up. I went back to get, yes, more napkins to clean up the carpet as best as I could. This was going on for quite a few minutes & I'm surprised no one stopped to ask if we needed anything. Oh well, I cleaned it up as best as I could.

Then it was time for me to clean myself up. To this day I am so thankful that the water coming out of the sinks at the airport is actually hot. Let's face it, you can wash your hands for 20 seconds all you want but when you go to places where the water isn't hot(sorry, Disney, you're one of them) are you really killing germs? Had that water not been hot I would have been totally grossed out.

It was now time to board the plane & we thought it would be in our best interest to sit in the very last row(right by the bathroom). I'm sure it's not hard to figure out why that decision was made.
Oh, I'm happy to say somebody finally lent a helping hand. Apparently the flight crew walked by us during our little escapade. One of the flight attendants approached us & asked if J was the little boy that was sick in the airport. She was nice enough to ask him how he was feeling then handed him a garbage bag in case he needed it for future use! Something tells me she didn't feel like doing extra cleaning that day!!
J pretty much stayed in this position for the whole flight but fortunately we made it without anymore incidents. He also didn't have it in him to read the safety instructions this time!!;)
View attachment 667446

We actually didn't use a car service b/c C & family were still off property at this point so they had a car & C picked us up. It wasn't even 8:30 & we had already arrived!!
View attachment 667447

I liked this one!! I never feel comfortable asking a driver to slow down so I can take a picture but since it was my sister driving I could!!
View attachment 667448

We got to The Beach Club & E went to see if by some miracle our room was ready. She thought that J may have thrown up b/c of the super early wakeup & that he really needed to rest for awhile. While she was inside R & C were getting the luggage out. I sat with J & he said he had to throw up again. Out came the Southwest garbage bag to the rescue. This time wasn't bad at all though.
View attachment 667449

C said we could go to their place if our room wasn't ready but shockingly--at 8:41 am-- it was!! That really was a blessing for us!!
View attachment 667450

We parted ways with C. We had plans to meet up later on that day!!
View attachment 667452

In no time at all J was recovering from the morning adventure!!
View attachment 667451
Poor kid!! Nothing worse than feeling icky when you should be looking forward to something fun. Glad the room was ready so he could rest!!

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
I kept saying I was going to go sit there when I was at the YC in August but I never got around to it. (Nor did I get any pictures of it either).
Bummer!! Even though it was hot it is very relaxing!!
Glad you're here Max!! It wouldn't be the same without you!!
Poor J! It could have been the very early wake up. One of my brothers had issues with being nauseous early in the morning. His would be way worse if he had a sugary breakfast so thankfully J skipped that donut/muffin.
We think that's what it probably was b/c after he rested he was fine. The donut/muffin did make the trip but we ended up throwing it out a few days later!!
Just a bit late for this fab another fab @riverside trip report. Have been spending time watching the vigil for our Queen 🥲 Poor J I hope he recovered quickly from his sickness. Looking forward to hearing about all your adventures.
So glad you're here!! He did recover quickly, thank goodness!!
Sorry about the Queen. Here in the US there is quite a bit of coverage on it. I'm sure there will be tomorrow for the funeral, also.
Currently visiting California. I‘be been having too much fun to check TRs!
Have a great time!!
Poor J! Hope he starts feeling better quick!
He did!! A few hours of rest & he was good to go!!
I'm here. Poor J. Getting sick on vacation is the worst! Hopefully the nap restored him.
It did thankfully!! It was a rough start though!!
Poor kiddo. Mine, DD5, was sick at Disney in July. We think it was the heat. It was impressively hot and she just couldn’t manage. The CMs were lovely though. They gave us a voucher for new ears (hers were not salvageable) and offered us water and tried to be helpful. I hope J recovered quickly.
That's a bummer!! Heat can definitely do that to you though. That's great to hear that they were so helpful!!
Poor J. I hope it was just an off morning and it didn't plague him for the rest of the time. And as for the tub, for a hotel room a second shower would probably work best but as a bubble bath fan I would love to try that tub out!
He was totally fine for the rest of the trip!! It definitely would work well for that but who has time for that in Disney?? :joyfull:
I'm finally here and so excited for this TR!!!
Excited Jersey Shore GIF by Jersey Shore Family Vacation
 What a way to begin a trip to WDW!!! I felt so sorry for J, but you all handled it as well as can be expected. 🥴 I'm so glad that the BC was able to get a room for you right away so he could rest and hopefully he felt better soon after! We own at the BC Villas and feel that the rooms are pretty bland in decor too, but you just can't beat the location to in and out of Epcot! Can't wait for more. :)
So glad you're here!! Glad you're excited for it--I'm excited too, but it has nothing to do with this TR!! You know what I'm talking about!!
The room being ready was a godsend. It couldn't have worked out better!!
Don't get me wrong, I liked it but it was boring. And yes, the proximity to Epcot can't be beat!!

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
Poor kid!! Nothing worse than feeling icky when you should be looking forward to something fun. Glad the room was ready so he could rest!!
I know & he never said it but I wouldn't be surprised if he was scared to get on the plane then. It would be totally understandable if he was. Never in a million years did I think it would be but we were so happy it was!!

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
THURSDAY, JULY 7TH

We headed back to the room & J was feeling good & ready to go!! But R wasn't. He wasn't sick but he felt the need to rest for a bit. The 3 of us were hungry so we went to Epcot to get lunch. I just have to say how nice & convenient it is to just walk over, eat lunch & leave!!
IMG_5289.JPEG

IMG_5290.JPEG

E wanted to go to the wine cellar but they were closed. I think they open at either 3 or 4.
IMG_5291.JPEG

It was still early & WS wasn't too busy.
IMG_5293.JPEG

We walked through the shops in Italy. I bought this, I guess it's a trinket holder?, for R. He smokes cigars & brought a few with him for the trip but we didn't have an ash tray so I figured this would be a good substitute for one.
IMG_5294.JPEG

Since the wine cellar was closed we went to plan B. It actually worked out well b/c R wouldn't think of eating here. A few years back I talked him into eating at Tangerine Cafe & he still complains about it every time we walk by there. I'm a much more adventurous eater than he is!!
IMG_5295.JPEG

Since they don't take reservations we got in line(it wasn't open yet) & were seated rather quickly!!
IMG_5296.JPEG

Everything was excellent!!
IMG_5297.JPEG

Except for our view!! 🤣
IMG_5298.JPEG

On our way back to the room we stopped at the gift shop at WS entrance. J really liked this Mickey so E bought it for him. Doesn't he look better already?!
IMG_5300.JPEG

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
THURSDAY, JULY 7TH

R was still sleeping when we got back so we went to the quiet pool for a little while.
IMG_5301.JPEG

Then it was time to head to Epcot!!
IMG_5302.JPEG

Since we were on the plane at 7:00 our sister, C, was awesome enough to get us a boarding group!! That was a nice surprise!!
IMG_5287.PNG

IMG_5304.JPEG

IMG_5305.JPEG

I know nothing about Marvel. I have more Star Wars knowledge than I do Marvel & we all know that's not saying much!!🤣
IMG_5306.JPEG

@amjt660 what do you think of the photo bombing hair puller?
IMG_5307.JPEG

Unpopular opinion but I despise the Conga song:cautious: Always have.....
IMG_5308.JPEG

Guess which song we got?
IMG_5309.JPEG

For your viewing pleasure....:joyfull:
IMG_3085.JPG

The groups opinion--
J loved it!! And he definitely was feeling better if he managed not to get sick on it!!
R hated it & will never go on again. He does not like rides that go backwards.
E & I are in the same camp. It's tolerable once per trip. Actually, if I never did it again I wouldn't be upset but with J liking it so much I'm sure we will be frequent flyers!! I was quite dizzy for awhile after. It wasn't anything major but I definitely felt it!!

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
THURSDAY, JULY 7TH

Yay!! They're open now!! But, we knew they were b/c we had a reservation.
IMG_5312.JPEG

I decided on the Crisp Italian Whites this time.
IMG_5313.PNG

We started out with a few of these.
IMG_5314.JPEG

IMG_5315.JPEG

I went with spaghetti for my dinner.
IMG_5316.JPEG

R loves the lasagna there so he went with that.
IMG_5317.JPEG

I didn't notice it until now but look at the shot I got of E(niece)!!
IMG_5318.JPEG

A got a birthday dessert!!
IMG_5319.JPEG

E(niece) is much better at taking selfies than I ever will be!!
IMG_5320.JPEG

Our server offered to take a picture for us!!
IMG_5322.JPEG

We have eaten here a few times now in the last year or so & their food has always been very good. If you haven't yet, give it a try!!

Last edited:

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
THURSDAY, JULY 7TH

I'm sure you will not be shocked as to where we went next!! 🤣
IMG_5324.JPEG

Wait, there's only supposed to be 4 of us in the pic! Oh, that's right, R feels left out every time we take this picture so he snuck in on it! We always tell him it's nothing personal but he wasn't part of the original crew for this pic many years back so he can't just assume a position in it!!
IMG_1137-1.JPEG

That's more like it!!
IMG_5330.JPEG

IMG_5332.JPEG

E still doing a good job with the selfies!!
IMG_8839.JPEG

We decided to sit for a few minutes with our beers.
IMG_5340.JPEG

IMG_5341.JPEG

IMG_5342.JPEG

IMG_5343.JPEG

Then it was time to head back to BC. It had been a long day!!

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
THURSDAY, JULY 7TH

We all had different missions when we got back. I went to get more toiletries. Not b/c we were hoarding them(had I known then what I know now though it might have been a different story--super bummed about that) but b/c there was only one bottle of each in the shower. E & I both have super thick hair. That never would have lasted us for the week.
IMG_5345.JPEG

E went to pick up the order from Garden Grocer.
IMG_5346.JPEG

I then went to get R a float from Beaches & Cream.
IMG_5351.JPEG

While he cooked a pizza!!
IMG_5353.JPEG

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom