Starbucks drinks

What do you order at Starbucks?

• Total voters

sweetpee_1993

Thats odd. Every DD around here has both splenda and skim milk

I sometimes drink DD, juse because it's across the street from my job. It is a lighter roast than the SBUX house blend. The thing is, at least for me, is I do like a dark roast - as well as a light roast. I also happen to like astrigent coffee (I am also a fan of big jucy reds with lots of tannis and purple fruit - but I digress). Sometimes SBUX coffee is good, and sometimes it is just plain burnt. Not bitter, not strong - burnt. I wonder if that happens because they seem to concetrate either on espresso drinks, which are made when you order them or on crazy super sweet flavored things which mask the taste of burnt old coffee. A cup of black coffee is where any bad flavors are going to come out first.

-dave

It could be human error with the burnt stuff. I agree, old burnt coffee is gross. Maybe they aren't making it frequently enough or cleaning their machines properly. :shrug: When I worked in law enforcement the guys would come into our office in the wee hours because I'd make super-strong coffee with chicory (Community Coffee from Nawlins) to keep us perked up. The stuff is brutal, can totally spring hair on your chest. But it works. Not a coffee most folks would drink and think :slurp:. LOL!

Yeah, I was so disappointed with the DD not having splenda or skim milk I've never gone back. Well, the gang of old folks meeting up to gossip (I was shocked at some of the stuff they were saying about other people..:eek:) didn't add to the atmosphere either. :lol:

Senderella

Starbucks is an occasional treat around here.. or when the coffee maker explodes. I would definitely prefer seeing Starbucks around WDW rather than the Nescacrap they've got now. As long as it's done correctly and blended in to fit the atmosphere of the area it's in rather than looking like your typical SB in the middle of say.. Fantasyland.

Seeing as we're on vacation and all treats are up for grabs.. I wouldn't think twice about getting it. I'm a coffee monster in the morning. First words growled out of my mouth in the morning is "Coffeeee" and I don't carry on conversations until I've had half a cup at least. When we're at WDW, I don't even touch the stuff unless DH has put it on in the room from coffee gear we brought from home.

IndyDisney

I voted for black coffee, though Starbucks isn't my favorite. Personally, I'd rather have coffee from my local roastery, but that's not possible while at WDW. At least with SBux, you know what you're getting. As for the other stuff, I must channel Dennis Leary and his love of coffee-flavored coffee.

"Cappuccino, frappuccino, rappuccino, Al Pacino What the . . . !"

Interesting anecdote - I have indeed ordered coffee-flavored coffee at the drive thru at Starbucks and have almost received TOFFEE-flavored coffee. I guess being a smartypants backfires sometimes.

Cheers,

Dave

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom