Starbucks drinks

What do you order at Starbucks?

• Total voters

miles1

I don't dislike Starbuck's coffee, but my New Englander heritage gives me disdain for the Starbuck's marketing scheme. I just can't see spending seven bucks for a cup of coffee when Dunkin Donuts is just as good at a third of the price. I've never bought into the "it's expensive so it must be better" mindset. (The same marketing works for Audi, even though most of their models are re-bodied Volkswagens.) I also dislike ordering in "code"- can't they just call them large, medium and small?

Marketing aside, anything would be better than the brown battery acid they currently serve in the world. I do wonder if a dedicated Starbucks store in any of the parks would be successful--how many people drink hot coffee while walking around a 90 degree themepark in the blazing sun?

Tiggerfanatic

Not a coffe drinker at all, no mocha, no cuppachino, no coffee flavored anything. I get my caffiene the hard way - an ice cold bottle of Coca-Cola!! (Yes, I do drink it for breakfast, too.)

Mr Toad

I like Starbuck's espresso drinks. Specifically, a venti soy latte. I don't like their regular coffee b/c I think it tastes burnt. I would rather see Disney push their own Mickey's Coffee Brand in the parks and resorts. Nescafe is terrible.

Phonedave

I like Starbuck's espresso drinks. Specifically, a venti soy latte. I don't like their regular coffee b/c I think it tastes burnt. I would rather see Disney push their own Mickey's Coffee Brand in the parks and resorts. Nescafe is terrible.

Same here, I think SBUX has a burnt taste at times.

I do not drink coffee drinks with whipped cream, peppermint, chocolate shavings, caramel sauce, or any of that.

I do drink "normal" coffee drinks - espresso, cappichin0, latte, espresso machitto, cafe correcto :) (If you know what that is, you know the reason for the smile)

I have an odd habit with coffee. If I am drinking it after dinner, or in a diner, or somewhere I will linger, I drink it black. If it's to go, or at work, or I am drinking it quicky, it's with milk. Don't know why, just a habit.

-dave

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I like Starbucks espresso drinks but their coffee is absolutely vile. I will get coffee from a Hess station before I get it from Starbucks.

Edisto Pluto

I love Starbucks. We drink it at home,at work, and when we travel if we can find it. I think WDW and Starbucks is a good partnership. Oh..............always black.

sweetpee_1993

Starbucks = :hurl:

Give me Dunkin Donuts coffee any day.

Dunkin Donuts coffee has a smooth texture which I think is why Dunkin lovers despise Sbux. I brew Dunkin at home but will not go to their donut shop to buy it for 2 enormous reasons:

1. They don't provide skim milk or even sell it in cartons for you to add to the coffee.

2. No Splenda. I don't do Sweet-n-Low or Equal. Must be Splenda. Not sugar. Splenda. Splenda only. ((although I will mention that the new Truvia stuff is pretty good, too))

I don't know if this is standard but the only Dunkin Donuts around these parts is in Beaumont (a good 20 minute drive for me) and they don't have the right fixins for me. Sbux has the right stuff and they're maybe 3 minutes from my house. It's an easy decision. :p

Serving Size 24 fl. oz.

Amt Per Serving
Calories 670
Fat Calories 200
Total Fat (g) 22
Saturated Fat (g) 12
Trans Fat (g) 0.5
Cholesterol (mg) 50
Sodium (mg) 420
Total Carbohydrates (g) 107
Fiber (g) 3
Sugars (g) 82
Protein (g) 19
Vitamin A 20%
Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 50%
Iron 20%
Caffeine (mg) 35

That was Starbucks Venti Crappachino, this is a McDonalds Big Mac.

540 260 29 10 1.5 75 1040 45 3 9 25 260 1 250 4

This is why I don't do frapps or Big Macs. Rather than do all the fat & calories of a frappucino I get skinny lattes w/splenda. That's basically just espresso shots, non-fat milk, sugar-free vanilla or hazelnut, & splenda. Big Macs are just out of the question altogether. LOL!

Not a coffe drinker at all, no mocha, no cuppachino, no coffee flavored anything. I get my caffiene the hard way - an ice cold bottle of Coca-Cola!! (Yes, I do drink it for breakfast, too.)

I love Coke, Cherry Coke, Vanilla Coke, Cherry Vanilla Coke, and all the rest. Love 'em! Love 'em but can't drink 'em. If I drink even one I can literally watch my fingers swell. My feet end up looking like Fred Flintstone's. I hate that. If I drink more than one I look like the Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man from Ghostbusters. It's funny but tragic because I love the stuff so much.

A lot of people who say they hate Sbux, I wonder if they've tried more than one of their blends? Some of their blends are downright nasty. That Christmas Blend they brew around the holidays every year is freakin' disgusting. It makes me sick. I can't remember off the top of my head but it's either the Verona or Sumatra that gross me out, too. They have many different blends all with very distinct flavors. Some are strong, sharp tastes whereas some are smooth, light tastes. If you go to a Sbux you can ask what they have brewed if you don't see it on the sign. If you see another blend in the store that you think would be more to your liking they will do a pressed pot cup for you at no additional charge. It's the same as if you bought a cup of whatever brewed blend they have.

Coffee is just like any other specialty type drink and that's why the terminology (not talking about the size names here because, yeah, that's a little weird) can be too much for some. I can't imagine trying to order a glass of wine in a specialty wine bar because I know absolutely nothing about it and don't like any that I've tried. Yet there are some who understand the different types of wines and what to pair with what or which should be chilled vs. room temperature, etc. With the coffees, once you know what the different things are it's not hard at all to order or speak the speak. When in doubt, just tell the barrista you aren't sure what to call it and describe it. If they're a snot about it then that's just crappy customer service. :wave:

And for the non-coffee drinkers of the world, Sbux does offer you stuff, too. There's iced & hot teas (the iced teas are tasty & refreshing), hot chocolote, apple cider, and non-coffee frappucinos (my hubby likes the vanilla bean & one of my sons enjoys the double chocolate). What's cool is that I can order hot chocolate for my kids at 110 degrees vs. the scalding hot they normally come at. I don't have to hear them cry from a scalded mouth. :sohappy:

My personal favs:

If it's a special occasion and I'm not watching the calories I enjoy the java chip frappucino. Any other time it's a skinny vanilla or hazelnut latte with splenda. I like sweet. If it's hot outside I order iced and if it's cold I order hot.

pilka214

i mentioned this in the other thread, but i almost always get tea drinks at starubucks. sometimes iced sometimes as a latte... they have good drinks... i never get frappucinos or any other creamy drink. however on occasions i will get an iced coffee.

MissM

I can't stand coffee, but I did have a White Hot Chocolate from Starbucks once and that was awesome :slurp:
I HATE coffee or mocha anything - YUCK! - but Starbucks has a really yummy caramel hot chocolate that I really love. And they serve Tazo tea which is pretty tasty too.

Phonedave

Dunkin Donuts coffee has a smooth texture which I think is why Dunkin lovers despise Sbux. I brew Dunkin at home but will not go to their donut shop to buy it for 2 enormous reasons:

1. They don't provide skim milk or even sell it in cartons for you to add to the coffee.

2. No Splenda. I don't do Sweet-n-Low or Equal. Must be Splenda. Not sugar. Splenda. Splenda only. ((although I will mention that the new Truvia stuff is pretty good, too))

I don't know if this is standard but the only Dunkin Donuts around these parts is in Beaumont (a good 20 minute drive for me) and they don't have the right fixins for me. Sbux has the right stuff and they're maybe 3 minutes from my house. It's an easy decision. :p

Thats odd. Every DD around here has both splenda and skim milk

I sometimes drink DD, juse because it's across the street from my job. It is a lighter roast than the SBUX house blend. The thing is, at least for me, is I do like a dark roast - as well as a light roast. I also happen to like astrigent coffee (I am also a fan of big jucy reds with lots of tannis and purple fruit - but I digress). Sometimes SBUX coffee is good, and sometimes it is just plain burnt. Not bitter, not strong - burnt. I wonder if that happens because they seem to concetrate either on espresso drinks, which are made when you order them or on crazy super sweet flavored things which mask the taste of burnt old coffee. A cup of black coffee is where any bad flavors are going to come out first.

-dave

Amber

6+4+3=2
Premium Member
Starbucks Nonfat Mocha, same thing every time. A few months ago I had to add the whip back on because they changed something and it is not sweet enough anymore. I don't want to add sugar to make the calories any worse, and I hate the taste of anything like Splenda. I go less and less now not only due to calories and price, but the actual taste has become so inconsistent that I don't want to take the chance that it's a bad Starbucks day.

Lately my drink of choice has become Dunkin Donuts hot chocolate. :slurp:

lilclerk

That's gotta be regional, at least skim milk. I know Dunkin has it around here. Splenda I'm not so sure about. :shrug:

I only get Starbucks as a last resort, and never straight coffee there. Too gross.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom