"Starbright Holidays" Drone show coming to Disney Springs

jpeden

In the Parks
No
This looks really cool, I wonder if people would be able to watch from Saratoga Springs, I doubt the music would be played over there though. I just spent the weekend there and having been going to DD since it was built, the scale of DS isn't really noticeable until you've walked through it and looked at the whole thing from across the water.

I can see it now! Show view rooms for an extra $150 a night/10 points a night at SSR!

Speaking of which I heard the team that is doing Rivers of light has illuminations as their next project...

Oh Lord help us all. Maybe it will see the lagoon by 2021 with their track record. Hopefully they won't be using the same technology that has caused this crazy delay on RoL.

RAXIP

Rehearsals for this get underway this week at Wide World of Sports.
From the Studios parking lot looking south towards WWoS tonight:
IMG_0168.JPG

Nubs70

Anyone else concerned about crazy crowd levels at Disney Springs due to this show? Surprising they would do this at a "free" location. Sounds disastrous... but interesting and exciting!
Introduce it at a free location, create buzz, then move to a paid location.

Really no different than Drug Dealing 101.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
That is the sound they make. No idea if they added it in post, used a mic that would deliberately pick it up or if the drones they are using are just that loud.

EDIT: This video will kind of give you an idea of the noise generated by a single drone.
You will want to fast forward to about 9:30.

Very familiar with the noise. The last two presidents have constantly tried to off yours truly and without quick recognition of that buzzing sound I'd be toast. Well that and the weird sound that air makes as a hellfire missile moves through it.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
This seems like a nice addition.

I wonder how sensitive this type of show would be to weather and especially wind? I assume if it's raining they couldn't run the show but how steady are these drones in wind? I"m sure someone out there has some experience with these types of things.

doctornick

Sounds cool to me. I've long hoped for some sort of entertainment to come to DS (especially since the PI "celebrate new years" fireworks ended) and this sounds like a neat/novel concept.

It would be nice if this works well and they have a "regular" show they play after the holidays. Or a variety of seasonal ones.

DisneyJayL

In the Parks
No
Funny how some think that Disney is dumb. I'm thrilled to be seeing this. It'll be my first time at Disney in December. I'm going to enjoy every minute even if it is loud.

jt04

Funny how some think that Disney is dumb. I'm thrilled to be seeing this. It'll be my first time at Disney in December. I'm going to enjoy every minute even if it is loud.

Sour grapes. Uni can't copy it with current tech so your seeing fan and professional envy.

Not to mention TDO has another winning idea when we have been told for years and years how bad they are.

Bandini

I think it looks great. I just hope Disney doesn't try to replace the firework shows with drone shows. Unless you can't tell the difference. Is it drones or fireworks? IMO, no one does a nighttime spectacular better than Disney. Well, except for the Jungle Book Show.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom