Star Wars weekends going away?

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
Sorry if this has already been asked, but I couldn't find it without wading through pages and pages of other Star Wars threads. I saw elsewhere today that Star Wars weekends will be no more. Has anyone heard any info on this? It also said there will be no more Mickey and friends dressed as Star Wars characters.

asianway

Sorry if this has already been asked, but I couldn't find it without wading through pages and pages of other Star Wars threads. I saw elsewhere today that Star Wars weekends will be no more. Has anyone heard any info on this? It also said there will be no more Mickey and friends dressed as Star Wars characters.
The Mickey news has been out there since mid June-I can vouch it is accurate

Sparky359621

Disney website says 'coming summer 2016'
Screen Shot 2015-09-15 at 4.13.34 PM.jpg

TheMouseFan

Original Poster
Disney website says 'coming summer 2016'View attachment 110706
Oh, I really hope this is true. I could see it going away sometime in the future once the new land opens, but I thought it funny that they would remove this big money maker before that. We are going the first week of June and I really wanted the kids and my husband to get to experience this.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Star Wars Land won't be around until a few years. Until it's built, it would be foolish to get rid of an event that packs them like it does.

Yeah, I agree, the park is going to need things like this over the next couple years to keep attendance up. DCA introduced the very popular Glow Fest/elecTRONica/Mad Tea Party during it's major construction to help keep attendance up.

HauntedMansionFLA

Yeah, I agree, the park is going to need things like this over the next couple years to keep attendance up. DCA introduced the very popular Glow Fest/elecTRONica/Mad Tea Party during it's major construction to help keep attendance up.
I've never heard of the Mad Tea Party......sounds interesting

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom