Star Wars Weekends 2014

Blueskyze

We got our stormtrooper cup holders Friday at the little kiosk by The Great Movie Ride. They had tons at that point, but lots of people were buying them and the Darth Vader popcorn holder.
I don't like the tee or pin very much, but I bought them anyway.
I waited until the motorcade started to go to the Darth Mall because that line was so long in the morning. It was only a 10 minute wait when I went. The rides were walk-on that morning. It was so quiet at the front of the park since they moved the Mall to the back. I took pictures at 8:30 and there are only five people on the street headed down to ToT. The stormtrooper didn't get on the roof Friday unless they did it before 8, but they did come down the street on these little tall stand things. They stopped right at the first store for a couple of minutes before going to the left behind the Guest Services area.
The fire works were the coolest thing ever. We watched them from the parking lot at AoA. We had a perfect view. The death star they made was amazing. I've seen lots of fireworks there, but this was the best ever.

It was wild walking down a deserted street to ToT!! I think I was the 6th person in line for it on Friday.

I agree about the fireworks - they were AMAZING! This was my first time at SWW, and I had a blast. One of my best trips ever. Here is a pic of my loot - Stormtrooper drink holder, Vader popcorn bucket, hat for my husband (this trip was for his birthday), Boba Fett tank, calendar, passholder pin and regular pin.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 102

PhotoDave219

We got our stormtrooper cup holders Friday at the little kiosk by The Great Movie Ride. They had tons at that point, but lots of people were buying them and the Darth Vader popcorn holder.
I don't like the tee or pin very much, but I bought them anyway.
I waited until the motorcade started to go to the Darth Mall because that line was so long in the morning. It was only a 10 minute wait when I went. The rides were walk-on that morning. It was so quiet at the front of the park since they moved the Mall to the back. I took pictures at 8:30 and there are only five people on the street headed down to ToT. The stormtrooper didn't get on the roof Friday unless they did it before 8, but they did come down the street on these little tall stand things. They stopped right at the first store for a couple of minutes before going to the left behind the Guest Services area.
The fire works were the coolest thing ever. We watched them from the parking lot at AoA. We had a perfect view. The death star they made was amazing. I've seen lots of fireworks there, but this was the best ever.

The Stormtrooper mugs will be in full supply in two weeks. Until then, they will only be at Akbar's Snack Bar.

Breakinghbts

I heard that many people were unhappy with the color of the AP shirt (I'm in that camp); and there appeared to be plenty on-hand yesterday. So I'm sure you'll be fine there. It's brown, btw.

I knew it was brown, but I'm not so, brown-averse, as most people. I already have a brown x-wing shirt. So it should match perfectly. lol

When I left there Sunday, they still had plenty of Passholder merchandise. I personally like the pin more than the shirt

Awesome, good to know, I will be trying for RD friday morning, So i'm glad theres still AP merch left.

Thanks guys for the info! Really Appreciate it!

Crazydisneyfanluke

Was there yesterday, very light crowds.
We rode TSMM twice and i never saw it above 1 hour wait. Star tours i didn't see over 40 min, rode 3 times. I GOT TO BE A REBEL SPY. (it made my day)
As we were leaving F! the fireworks started so we watched from the cross roads, as soon as it finished we ran to the car. Other people were running knowing what was coming.

Bolt

I dont understand why the park isn't being held open later, until 11. Let The kids dance to DJ Elliot & let us shop or drink instead of being herded off to the parking lot.
To be fair - Friday the park is open until 1am and then 11pm on Saturday and Sunday this weekend. Friday because of the 24 hour event and then preparing for Memorial Day Weekend.

PhotoDave219

To be fair - Friday the park is open until 1am and then 11pm on Saturday and Sunday this weekend. Friday because of the 24 hour event and then preparing for Memorial Day Weekend.

Yes, well, this is a holiday weekend.

Hopefully, Ops will make adjustments as time goes by.

ratherbeinwdw

No. The fireworks start around 9:45 following a brief stage show.
How was the stage show? We watched the fireworks from AoA so we didn't get to see the show. We're going back for the last weekend. We're going to do the show then if it's worth getting in that crowd. Two eight-day trips within 20 days is a killer to my legs and feet.

ratherbeinwdw

It was wild walking down a deserted street to ToT!! I think I was the 6th person in line for it on Friday.

I agree about the fireworks - they were AMAZING! This was my first time at SWW, and I had a blast. One of my best trips ever. Here is a pic of my loot - Stormtrooper drink holder, Vader popcorn bucket, hat for my husband (this trip was for his birthday), Boba Fett tank, calendar, passholder pin and regular pin.
We probably passed each other many times that day.

PhotoDave219

How was the stage show? We watched the fireworks from AoA so we didn't get to see the show. We're going back for the last weekend. We're going to do the show then if it's worth getting in that crowd. Two eight-day trips within 20 days is a killer to my legs and feet.

...... I don't want to ruin it for anyone, but IMO it's more of a final goodnight than an actual show. I won't go into details but the fireworks are great.

janoimagine

I dont understand why the park isn't being held open later, until 11. Let The kids dance to DJ Elliot & let us shop or drink instead of being herded off to the parking lot.
I agree, it creates a horrible congestion situation ... but you know whats even worse ... that they set up that "premium viewing area" section starting between 5:30 and 6 and then have DJ Lobot stage shows till 8 ... I was trying to grab a few shots of the stage in backlight and it's near impossible because it's so tight. I asked if I could step into the area to take some shots for 2 minutes and was told no dice.

Not to mention the 'Dark Side' drinks and 'Force' Drinks are $4.00 more than they were last year ... Seriously? $4 price increase? F-ing joke.

PhotoDave219

I agree, it creates a horrible congestion situation ... but you know whats even worse ... that they set up that "premium viewing area" section starting between 5:30 and 6 and then have DJ Lobot stage shows till 8 ... I was trying to grab a few shots of the stage in backlight and it's near impossible because it's so tight. I asked if I could step into the area to take some shots for 2 minutes and was told no dice.

Not to mention the 'Dark Side' drinks and 'Force' Drinks are $4.00 more than they were last year ... Seriously? $4 price increase? F-ing joke.

Those drinks aren't that good

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom