Star Wars weekend questions

Angelkim100

Hi can anyone help, we are planning on heading to Hollywood Studios later on one Sunday for the Star Wars weekend (we will have already been into the park to do the rides so this visit will be for our Star Wars daft son). We want to stay and see the fireworks at night and try to catch a parade. Does anyone know what time the parades are? For the meet and greets do you just line up (and if so how long are we likely to wait) or can we get fast pass to meet them? Do the characters wander around the park? Any other information you think might be handy about these weekends would be most appreciated :)

minniemickeyfan

There's a cost but I did book the Feel the Force package for $54 a person total that includes the parade at 11:30 with snacks and viewing area and fireworks that night with dessert party.
If you want any of the celebrities autographs I've heard you need to be there at 3am.
For the other characters the lines can get long but worth it !

Upvote 0

DManRightHere

Hi can anyone help, we are planning on heading to Hollywood Studios later on one Sunday for the Star Wars weekend (we will have already been into the park to do the rides so this visit will be for our Star Wars daft son). We want to stay and see the fireworks at night and try to catch a parade. Does anyone know what time the parades are? For the meet and greets do you just line up (and if so how long are we likely to wait) or can we get fast pass to meet them? Do the characters wander around the park? Any other information you think might be handy about these weekends would be most appreciated :)

If you're there just for the star wars events I would do the dessert thing with reserved parade and fireworks viewing. I'm mighty tempted but we won't be there all day.

Upvote 0

Angelkim100

Original Poster
Thanks were not fussed about the celebrity autographs but pics with mickey and the gang dressed up would be kl. Thanks for all the info so far :)

Upvote 0

joanna71985

None of the SWW characters have FP. And be warned- some of the lines can get LONG! Especially the lines for Vader, Chewie, and the VIPs (Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, and Donald). Also, some lines rotate characters, so the one you see out may not be the one you wind up meeting. Examples of these include the VIPs, Chewie (sometimes he is with an Ewok, sometimes he isn't), the Bounty Hunters, and the Luke/Leia line. Finally- some characters do roam (around Star Tours, and back near Backlot Tour)

Upvote 0

CaptainShortty

Additionally, if you are planning on going the weekend that Mark Hamill will be one of the VIPs, expect lines in the parks to be even longer as many will be there hoping to meet him.

Upvote 0

Angelkim100

Original Poster
The weekend he is there is unfortunately the weekend we will be going, we're not fussed for seeing him so hopefully everyone else will be going looking for him and we can see the others lol x

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Additionally, if you are planning on going the weekend that Mark Hamill will be one of the VIPs, expect lines in the parks to be even longer as many will be there hoping to meet him.
From what I hear, Mark will not be signing so no worries there, but the lines for the shows he will be on are sure to be insanity turned up to 11.

Upvote 0

CaptainShortty

From what I hear, Mark will not be signing so no worries there, but the lines for the shows he will be on are sure to be insanity turned up to 11.

That's what I've heard also...Mark is not signing and will only be doing the motorcade and a few talks in the theater which are available for FP. I just imagine that the park will be much more crowded as people will be trying to get a glimpse of him causing the lines for everything to be even longer than your average SWW. =)

Upvote 0

jlsHouston

There's a cost but I did book the Feel the Force package for $54 a person total that includes the parade at 11:30 with snacks and viewing area and fireworks that night with dessert party.
If you want any of the celebrities autographs I've heard you need to be there at 3am.
For the other characters the lines can get long but worth it !

I booked this for a Saturday. Have you ever done it before? What kind of refreshments do they have? Noticed it also says no seating available.

Upvote 0

PhotoDave219

Ahhh I will find out 5/24! I hate surprises unlike @PhotoDave219 so post something here about the venue and refreshements and if it's true no seating before the 24th okay?

Oh not this again lol.

Thoughts… Whatever Master Yoda is saying about Mark Hamill, it appears right on the money. My sources are telling me the exact same thing.

One thing I cannot stress enough for people who want to sit out and watch the Prosessional… It's not really" parade"… More processional. Not really a motorcade either… anyways… You need to get there at a decent time. The sidewalks will be lined from the hats all the way to Mickey's of Hollywood and it will be wall-to-wall people. People start lining up an hour and a half to two hours early… I've do idea why. Because of this, I cannot stress hydration enough. It is the time of day when it gets really hot in a hurry and you will drop if you do not take care of yourself and it will ruin the rest of your day.

You need lots of water and lots of patience while you're here. If you're looking for characters, may I suggest Kenny the Pirates site as it's spot on accurate from everything I've ever seen… characters will take some planning.

I do not know how they are handling celebrity autographs this year, however the bigger the celebrity, the earlier people lineup. Yes, we're talking camping out for concert tickets early. 3 AM has been done before by people. (Personally, I'm not an autograph guy so I'll be sleeping in)

Fireworks. You have a couple of choices here. If you're up by the hat, you will be looking straight up the entire damn time. Until the smoke gets so unbearable that you can't see anything. Your other option is further down the street by the chipboard… That's a pretty good view and the palm trees frame your photograph nicely. Same with even further down the street by crossroads of the world - also less crowded. If you want a really good view… Go outside of the park. Walk down the path towards the boardwalk. Go about halfway and stop by one of the marker lights I look back towards the hat… It's a good view and a hell of a the show from there.

Don't forget DJ Elliot. He has spun at Star Wars celebration for so check out his set… he's a bit edgier for a DJ at Disney.

Can't forget merchandise. The first day? The merchandise lines will be ridiculously long. You're going to see this stuff on eBay in a hurry. Why? Because… Somebody got there at 3 o'clock in the morning to lineup so that they could be in the first in line to buy merchandise with the intention is sticking on eBay. So if you want the ultra limited-edition stuff either you have to pay out for that special merchandise opportunity for you show up on eBay… Or you get in line in front of them. I do recommend that if you see something you want, you better buy it because they do run out of a lot of things by the last weekend. If you do the d-tech storm trooper again, you want to make a reservation.

One other little detail… And this is a very important one. While the characters like the play and RoamAbout, you don't touch them. If you think it's a joke to punch a character even if the storm trooper or one of Jabba the Hutt's guards, you are going to get thrown out of the park if you're lucky, otherwise you'll be explaining why you're in jail and banned from Disney World. I've witnessed this before and it does happen. And remember, half the other guests around you are off-duty entertainment people who will chase after you as security chases after you as well.

Costumes and cosplay are acceptable within the bounds of good taste. Ladies, Shirley you have a friend that will tell you whether or not you should be wearing that slave Leia outfit. Guys? Most of us are more Jeb Porkins then Han Solo. Bare that in mind when you decide if you're going to wear a costume…

Remember all the character meals are brand-new experience and your mileage will vary.

Remember, Star Wars weekends are an endurance event.

Oh yeah, one last thing. Parking. Come in off of the world drive. Save yourself some giant time, effort, and huge headaches and use the world drive entrance. Passholders remember to have your drivers licenses available because nine out of 10 times they ask for your ID.

Anything else that anyone feels we should add to the list of things to give good advice on…?

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Oh not this again lol.

Thoughts… Whatever Master Yoda is saying about Mark Hamill, it appears right on the money. My sources are telling me the exact same thing.

One thing I cannot stress enough for people who want to sit out and watch the Prosessional… It's not really" parade"… More processional. Not really a motorcade either… anyways… You need to get there at a decent time. The sidewalks will be lined from the hats all the way to Mickey's of Hollywood and it will be wall-to-wall people. People start lining up an hour and a half to two hours early… I've do idea why. Because of this, I cannot stress hydration enough. It is the time of day when it gets really hot in a hurry and you will drop if you do not take care of yourself and it will ruin the rest of your day.

You need lots of water and lots of patience while you're here. If you're looking for characters, may I suggest Kenny the Pirates site as it's spot on accurate from everything I've ever seen… characters will take some planning.

I do not know how they are handling celebrity autographs this year, however the bigger the celebrity, the earlier people lineup. Yes, we're talking camping out for concert tickets early. 3 AM has been done before by people. (Personally, I'm not an autograph guy so I'll be sleeping in)

Fireworks. You have a couple of choices here. If you're up by the hat, you will be looking straight up the entire damn time. Until the smoke gets so unbearable that you can't see anything. Your other option is further down the street by the chipboard… That's a pretty good view and the palm trees frame your photograph nicely. Same with even further down the street by crossroads of the world - also less crowded. If you want a really good view… Go outside of the park. Walk down the path towards the boardwalk. Go about halfway and stop by one of the marker lights I look back towards the hat… It's a good view and a hell of a the show from there.

Don't forget DJ Elliot. He has spun at Star Wars celebration for so check out his set… he's a bit edgier for a DJ at Disney.

Can't forget merchandise. The first day? The merchandise lines will be ridiculously long. You're going to see this stuff on eBay in a hurry. Why? Because… Somebody got there at 3 o'clock in the morning to lineup so that they could be in the first in line to buy merchandise with the intention is sticking on eBay. So if you want the ultra limited-edition stuff either you have to pay out for that special merchandise opportunity for you show up on eBay… Or you get in line in front of them. I do recommend that if you see something you want, you better buy it because they do run out of a lot of things by the last weekend. If you do the d-tech storm trooper again, you want to make a reservation.

One other little detail… And this is a very important one. While the characters like the play and RoamAbout, you don't touch them. If you think it's a joke to punch a character even if the storm trooper or one of Jabba the Hutt's guards, you are going to get thrown out of the park if you're lucky, otherwise you'll be explaining why you're in jail and banned from Disney World. I've witnessed this before and it does happen. And remember, half the other guests around you are off-duty entertainment people who will chase after you as security chases after you as well.

Costumes and cosplay are acceptable within the bounds of good taste. Ladies, Shirley you have a friend that will tell you whether or not you should be wearing that slave Leia outfit. Guys? Most of us are more Jeb Porkins then Han Solo. Bare that in mind when you decide if you're going to wear a costume…

Remember all the character meals are brand-new experience and your mileage will vary.

Remember, Star Wars weekends are an endurance event.

Oh yeah, one last thing. Parking. Come in off of the world drive. Save yourself some giant time, effort, and huge headaches and use the world drive entrance. Passholders remember to have your drivers licenses available because nine out of 10 times they ask for your ID.

Anything else that anyone feels we should add to the list of things to give good advice on…?
Depending on the day and the celebrity, 3:00 AM might not even be early enough.

Upvote 0

jlsHouston

Depending on the day and the celebrity, 3:00 AM might not even be early enough.
:eek: I am going to get there at 6 am for hopefully a FP for Warwick. If I miss out, oh well. I'm starting to have doubts whether my boyfriend is going to tolerate a day at HS with all I have planned on the 24th....:banghead:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom