Star Wars weekend dinning experience

loveformickey

I just called to book the breakfast. Tried for Sunday, June 8th but it was all booked. Next tried for Friday, June 13th. Was able to get a reservation @10:40am. I asked if there was anything earlier but the lady I was speaking to said no because on that day the breakfast times were only from 10:40am to 12:30pm. I thought that was strange but I took the reservation anyways. Does anyone else find this strange?

JohnD

Made my breakfast reservations just now and I cannot wait. Quick question, does it show up as only Sci-Fi Dining Breakfast on their reservations?

Yes. The character breakfast is SW characters. All other times it's classic Disney characters.

-em

Super excited when its not just a weekend thing- so booked H&V dinner on a tuesday :) Prob will add the breakfast afterwards but more excited about the fab characters :)

Yankee Mouse

This thing smells like a cash cow. I fully expect it to be a regular thing. Maybe not just for SW weekends. The breakfast could be the equivalent of what breakfast at Cindy's castle used to be like before Disney went crazy with the princess dining.

Maybe I can get my girls into Star Wars in a year or two...

I agree with you. And looking at how quickly it is booking up I wouldn't be surprised to see it return yearly and maybe even become a regular thing. Like you though that cost really seems like too much for me to justify but it looks like it is on par with some of the other character meals, tusker, chef mickey, and crt from a quick glance; however, we will have to wait and see what the food offerings are. If they aren't full buffets then that is a problem for the cost.

Personally I hope they see how popular it is and it eventually ends up becoming part of a new star wars land......yeah, I know, but I can dream.

Last edited:

lebeau

I agree with you. And looking at how quickly it is booking up I wouldn't be surprised to see it return yearly and maybe even become a regular thing. Like you though that cost really seems like too much for me to justify but it looks like it is on par with some of the other character meals, tusker, chef mickey, and crt from a quick glance; however, we will have to wait and see what the food offerings are. If they aren't full buffets then that is a problem for the cost.

Personally I hope they see how popular it is and it eventually ends up becoming part of a new star wars land......yeah, I know, but I can dream.

My understanding is that breakfast is plated and not all-you care to eat. Although I'm guessing you can fill up on bread/pasteries. I'm expecting it to be roughly like the offerings at CRT for breakfast.

Dinner being at H&V is probably just the usual buffet.

Really, you're paying to not wait in line to see the characters. That's the selling point that "justifies" the price. If you're not planning to spend hours in the hot FL sun waiting to meet the SW characters, then there is no way this is worth while. But if it will spare you hours in line during the summer heat, I can see laying out the dough.

Bparso87

My understanding is that breakfast is plated and not all-you care to eat. Although I'm guessing you can fill up on bread/pasteries. I'm expecting it to be roughly like the offerings at CRT for breakfast.

Dinner being at H&V is probably just the usual buffet.

Really, you're paying to not wait in line to see the characters. That's the selling point that "justifies" the price. If you're not planning to spend hours in the hot FL sun waiting to meet the SW characters, then there is no way this is worth while. But if it will spare you hours in line during the summer heat, I can see laying out the dough.
It is a good point and my reason by doing both. I only have one day at HS this year and it is a Star Wars weekend so it will be packed. So with killing two birds with one stone by eating and M&G that save time to do more through out the day.

lebeau

It is a good point and my reason by doing both. I only have one day at HS this year and it is a Star Wars weekend so it will be packed. So with killing two birds with one stone by eating and M&G that save time to do more through out the day.

I would do the same. My kids would be afraid of the characters at the breakfast and have no real interest in the Fab 5 in SW costumes. We're already meeting them at Chef Mickey's. So this would be redundant. So for me, I can't justify the cost.

Hopefully if enough people are meeting the characters at these meals it will make lines shorter in the park! ;)

loveformickey

Super excited when its not just a weekend thing- so booked H&V dinner on a tuesday :) Prob will add the breakfast afterwards but more excited about the fab characters :)

I thought these dining events were only on the weekends during Star Wars weekends. Where or how did you find out it not just on the weekends?

Dwarful

I just called to book the breakfast. Tried for Sunday, June 8th but it was all booked. Next tried for Friday, June 13th. Was able to get a reservation @10:40am. I asked if there was anything earlier but the lady I was speaking to said no because on that day the breakfast times were only from 10:40am to 12:30pm. I thought that was strange but I took the reservation anyways. Does anyone else find this strange?

Call back. I just found out about this. I called at 7:50 PM Central time. I got the breakfast at 9:45 for a party of 4 at Sci Fi. Which sort of stinks time wise, but being at the park when the gates open I figure we will get TSMM done and RNRR. Then use our FP+ for later in the afternoon. I am working on the plans this weekend as I have to change some dining and figure it all out before April 1st. I'd like to know what the dining is going to be like. I'm guessing more like a plated meal like Cinderella's but who knows.

Chernabog75

Just booked the breakfast online for May 6 @ 8:30. Now I have to reshuffle my ADR's to fit this in. Thought I was finally done but oh well. My son needs one character dining for him since he will be "punished" with the princess meals.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Just booked the breakfast online for May 6 @ 8:30. Now I have to reshuffle my ADR's to fit this in. Thought I was finally done but oh well. My son needs one character dining for him since he will be "punished" with the princess meals.

Inspired by your post, I checked back with the WDW website, and was able to get a table for May 5, our last day! I have a very excited husband.

Now I wonder if the CM I spoke to when I called dining reservations yesterday was really paying attention when I asked her to check both the 4th and the 5th. o_O

Furiated

Inspired by your post, I checked back with the WDW website, and was able to get a table for May 5, our last day! I have a very excited husband.

Now I wonder if the CM I spoke to when I called dining reservations yesterday was really paying attention when I asked her to check both the 4th and the 5th. o_O

I had almost the same exact experience! I called Thursday to try and book breakfast for May 15th and was told there was nothing then, or any dates for my trip. I went online just now and was able to book! Were they holding some back for online bookings or did they add more spots when they saw the demand, or did my CM just not know what she was doing? :)

Cesar R M

I had almost the same exact experience! I called Thursday to try and book breakfast for May 15th and was told there was nothing then, or any dates for my trip. I went online just now and was able to book! Were they holding some back for online bookings or did they add more spots when they saw the demand, or did my CM just not know what she was doing? :)
Maybe the system to book in the WDW system is similar to the Disney Cruise Line site?
Where when someone in the site selects a slot.. it blocks it for 20 minutes? (thus it appears like everything is sold out?)
It took me for example.. 2 days of constant calling to get the room I wanted in the DISNEY WONDER (The room I wanted kept poping up and down.. visible for me then the guy in the phone said everything was sold out)

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member

I kinda wonder if a lot of people had second thoughts--$48 pp is a boatload of money for breakfast. :greedy:

The only thing that comes near to making it worth the price is the chance to see Star Wars clips on the Sci-Fi screen. :D

Ember

The only thing that comes near to making it worth the price is the chance to see Star Wars clips on the Sci-Fi screen. :D
This! I'm almost positive that this is what is drawing me in the most. I mean how cool is that? I just booked breakfast for us there and we also have a dinner ADR at H&V. I don't see how they could really do a buffet at Sci-fi (space-wise), so if the plates end up being small and whatnot I may end up cancelling the breakfast because it really is pushing the limits with the prices.

cw1982

I kinda wonder if a lot of people had second thoughts--$48 pp is a boatload of money for breakfast. :greedy:

Yeah... my DH is a huge Star Wars fan, but even he doesn't care about paying that much money for one meal... especially given how little we can eat at a time. It would be different if we were talking about taking leftovers back to the room with us, but who wants to carry that stuff around the parks all day? Not me!

I did make sure to offer to book it, though... I'd hate for him to miss out if it's something he really wants to do. But I have asked three times and he has still said no, so I figure time to move forward lol. I don't even know if we'll end up at HS on the right days to see any of the Star Wars Weekends stuff, if it's just on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays... we check in on a Sunday and will be doing MK that day for the late night EMH. We were planning to take advantage of the EMH on Monday night at HS. The only way I can see us at HS on Friday is if we decide we want to revisit RnR, ToT, or something else before we leave. I guess we'll see!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom