Star Wars weekend dinning experience

swissamy

I called WDW Dine yesterday (March 26th, the day reservations opened for this) had no problem getting date and time I wanted for Sci Fi breakfast! Saving this as the ULTIMATE surprise for my sons! I am thrilled!!

loveformickey

I am curious if I booked a breakfast at H&V on-line for Saturday, June7th with it automatically be the Star Wars characters or do I have to specifically call Disney and book the breakfast that way?

loveformickey

I am curious if I booked a breakfast at H&V on-line for Saturday, June7th with it automatically be the Star Wars characters or do I have to specifically call Disney and book the breakfast that way?

Oops just realized I made a mistake and seen the breakfast is at Sci-Fi not H&V. Sorry for sounding stupid.

Bparso87

I booked the breakfast for June 1. Don't have kids in tow so figured I would "drink in" the experience around the SW characters. Doing Fantasmic dinner at HBD instead.
Yea I could do without the h&v bc I am happy seeing the real Star Wars charcters but but the wife wants to do the other for the kids hope to see u there

JohnD

I just can't justify the price. If there were other SW fans in the family, maybe. But I'm the only one.

The way I justified it was by removing one of my ADRs. I had Fantasmic lunch at Mama Melrose's and dinner at 50's Prime Time. Then I made the ADR for the SW breakfast for 9:30. I couldn't possibly do 3 ADRs in HS on the same day! That meant the 1:30 Fantasmic lunch had to go--I'll snack graze instead. But the dinner wasn't for Fantasmic. I cancelled 50s Prime Time and made a new Fantasmic reservation for HBD.

To further complicate things, my FP+ opens up in several days. If it works out for me, I could do a FP+ on Fantasmic and cancel dinner also. All this just for the SW breakfast. Crazy.

Mks95

I did my ressie yesterdy and got the fantasmic dinner with the star wars at H&V. It was charged even more but they are offering it.

Mark Cluff

I just can't justify the price. If there were other SW fans in the family, maybe. But I'm the only one.

The way I justified it was by removing one of my ADRs. I had Fantasmic lunch at Mama Melrose's and dinner at 50's Prime Time. Then I made the ADR for the SW breakfast for 9:30. I couldn't possibly do 3 ADRs in HS on the same day! That meant the 1:30 Fantasmic lunch had to go--I'll snack graze instead. But the dinner wasn't for Fantasmic. I cancelled 50s Prime Time and made a new Fantasmic reservation for HBD.

To further complicate things, my FP+ opens up in several days. If it works out for me, I could do a FP+ on Fantasmic and cancel dinner also. All this just for the SW breakfast. Crazy.

We have done the same. I have swapped our fantasmic ADR dinner for one at H&V with SW Mickey and pals. We were over from he UK in 2011 and discovered the delights of SW weekends. DD loved meeting the characters dressed as SW characters the problem bring the queues were horrendous we spent an entire afternoon queuing and still missed out on Darth Goofy. DW got sunburned too. So all things considered I think the cost is reasonable!

Arosebud13

Made my breakfast reservations just now and I cannot wait. Quick question, does it show up as only Sci-Fi Dining Breakfast on their reservations?

Last edited:

lebeau

We have done the same. I have swapped our fantasmic ADR dinner for one at H&V with SW Mickey and pals. We were over from he UK in 2011 and discovered the delights of SW weekends. DD loved meeting the characters dressed as SW characters the problem bring the queues were horrendous we spent an entire afternoon queuing and still missed out on Darth Goofy. DW got sunburned too. So all things considered I think the cost is reasonable!

Reasonable? I don't know about that. However, if I were going to wait in the queues to see these characters, I would probably shell out for the character meal instead. Since my kids don't like Star Wars, I will neither pay for the meal nor wait in the lines. But I will probably take pictures of the characters from a vantage point far, far away.

Unfortunately for me, princess meet and greets are my girls' speed. And Princess Leia doesn't count. I actually considered making breakfast ressies for just myself. But that would leave my wife to deal with the kids by herself which probably wouldn't win me daddy/husband of the year.

Hopefully you guys will enjoy it enough for all of us who can't be there.

lebeau

Same here. Crossing fingers they have it next year.

This thing smells like a cash cow. I fully expect it to be a regular thing. Maybe not just for SW weekends. The breakfast could be the equivalent of what breakfast at Cindy's castle used to be like before Disney went crazy with the princess dining.

Maybe I can get my girls into Star Wars in a year or two...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom