Star Wars themed land announced for Disneyland

George Lucas on a Bench

IMAGINEER 4:

whiskey.jpg

Californian Elitist

Please stop equating AA figures to the actual discrimination and horrors that the Native American people have endured.

THANK YOU. Someone here made a completely inappropriate and insensitive joke relating to the Native American scenes on the river and actual Native Americans, and it made me very angry.

Something like that does not make for good material to make jokes of. The title of that article is insensitive and needs to be changed.

Curious Constance

THANK YOU. Someone here made a completely inappropriate and insensitive joke relating to the Native American scenes on the river and actual Native Americans, and it made me very angry.

Something like that does not make for good material to make jokes of. The title of that article is insensitive and needs to be changed.
David Koenig, the author, wrote those Mouse Tales books. And tends to over exaggerate everything which is why I don't read his articles. He knew if he gave his article that title, everyone would click it because it sounds likes it is new information. But no, it's not, and my opinion of him just sank lower.

George Lucas on a Bench

The portrayal of Native Americans in Frontierland doesn't ignore the truth about the past, but portrays things the way they could have and should have been, with everyone living in harmony. It's like that episode of DS9 where Sisko refuses to partake in the Vic Fontaine holosuite program because of the treatment of blacks in 1960s Las Vegas, but then Cassidy Yates gets him to come to his senses! The Native Americans on the Rivers of America are portrayed as a unique spiritual culture living off the land. Sounds about right!

dweezil78

The portrayal of Native Americans in Frontierland doesn't ignore the truth about the past, but portrays things the way they could have and should have been, with everyone living in harmony. It's like that episode of DS9 where Sisko refuses to partake in the Vic Fontaine holosuite program because of the treatment of blacks in 1960s Las Vegas, but then Cassidy Yates gets him to come to his senses! The Native Americans on the Rivers of America are portrayed as a unique spiritual culture living off the land. Sounds about right!

That may be the case currently, but originally they were depicted as violent and responsible for torching the settler's cabin and leaving him dead in his front yard with an arrow thru his chest.

CT_1969_N15_20.jpg

Stevek

The title for this article makes me angry. History or not, Disneyland is a theme park. Please stop equating AA figures to the actual discrimination and horrors that the Native American people have endured.
Terrible clickbait by David and Mouseplanet. I figured that site was above it but it's becoming more and more clear that the more time these folks spend devoting every second of their lives to Disney, the more sanity they lose.

Animaniac93-98

That may be the case currently, but originally they were depicted as violent and responsible for torching the settler's cabin and leaving him dead in his front yard with an arrow thru his chest.

CT_1969_N15_20.jpg

This scene also presented fire in a negative and stereotypical light.

I'm glad Disney decided to show more sensitivity towards combustible elements

#StopCH4+202--CO2+2H2OShaming

Donaldfan1934

I don't even know what to say.

• Reads internet rumor that Disney is using every design trick in the book to hide SW Land from the rest of DL.
  • Runs with that idea to a fan site and argues that by these efforts the designers are admitting that SW Land is an awkward fit with DL's core principles, and that's terrible.
  • Is gently reminded by other posters that this is just a rumor and that the concept art created by the same designers clearly shows towering rock formations that could possibly be visible from many areas inside the park beyond SW Land.
  • Responds by comending Disney for trying to hide SW Land, but because of this possibility the designers probably won't be successful, and that's terrible.
:arghh:

At some point you need to just call crazy what it is.
Sometimes words just don't translate well through the Internet. Yes, its a rumor. But Considering that it is a likely rumor, I felt that I should weigh in on it. Yes, if they're going to do it at all, I belive they need to try and hide it. I will commend them for that effort regardless of the fact that they may or may not fully be able to hide it. But the fact that they need to go to extra extents to hide it confirms to me that they're bending over backwards to put a square peg in a round whole. Bacially, I think the land's a disaster on multiple complex levels. You don't have to agree with me, you just need to get where I'm coming from before you go calling me crazy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom