Star Wars themed land announced for Disneyland

Curious Constance

What I'm saying is that while the other lands are behind the berm, they didn't take any additional procedures aside from just putting them behind the berm. I personally see what they're doing in Star Wars land with the extensive work work involved just to try and hide it as possible admission to the fact that it's a terrible fit. Also, the tree like structures will probably be seen anywhere in the park no matter how hard they try to hide it.
So, you're saying they are trying to hide it cause it's a terrible fit, but it's not going to be completely hidden, so it's going to be terrible?

Donaldfan1934

So, you're saying they are trying to hide it cause it's a terrible fit, but it's not going to be completely hidden, so it's going to be terrible?
In short, that's definitely what I'm trying to say. I commend them for trying to hide it, but I think that they're going to have a lot of issues with the the land from the start.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 107043

In short, that's definitely what I'm trying to say. I commend them for trying to hide it, but I think that they're going to have a lot of issues with the the lamd from the start.

I don't even know what to say.

• Reads internet rumor that Disney is using every design trick in the book to hide SW Land from the rest of DL.
  • Runs with that idea to a fan site and argues that by these efforts the designers are admitting that SW Land is an awkward fit with DL's core principles, and that's terrible.
  • Is gently reminded by other posters that this is just a rumor and that the concept art created by the same designers clearly shows towering rock formations that could possibly be visible from many areas inside the park beyond SW Land.
  • Responds by comending Disney for trying to hide SW Land, but because of this possibility the designers probably won't be successful, and that's terrible.
:arghh:

At some point you need to just call crazy what it is.

yookeroo

What I'm saying is that while the other lands are behind the berm, they didn't take any additional procedures aside from just putting them behind the berm. I personally see what they're doing in Star Wars land with the extensive work work involved just to try and hide it as possible admission to the fact that it's a terrible fit.

Yes, that's why they are doing it. You know they'll downplay the marketing of the new land too; they are that embarrassed by it. I bet they extend the 60th celebration for another decade just to hide the fact that they think Star Wars Land is a bad fit.
WdKkcN8hLzvOM.gif

Last edited:

Travel Junkie

Yeah, I don't know at what level the CM's are at and you would think WDI would have thought about the grade increase already. That part does seem shaky. I think the better information is the update on the construction.

D

Deleted member 107043

I don't mean this as a dig at you for sharing, but who cares what a Frontierland merchandise hostess thinks about locomotive engineering or construction?

"Cast members I talk to continue to have misgivings about all the disruption the addition of Star Wars Land is causing. "Is it worth it?" they ask. In the Roundhouse, those familiar with the locomotives have expressed concern about the Railroad's new route, which includes a 3-percent grade increase as the trains make their way along a trestle over the back of the River. Will the trains be able to take the climb with a full load?"

Let's see how long it takes before the grade increase becomes another talking point for the people who dislike SW Land. lol

D

Deleted member 107043

Wasn't there a point in 1966 when pretty much all of TL was closed for construction, a big chunk of Frontierland was ripped up for NOS construction, and the DLRR was being rerouted for Pirates? We should start a mock thread based on posts that would have been made by fans if the internet had existed back then. It would be hilarious.

Phroobar

Love the click bate article. I'm surprised they didn't complain that the Indians were forcefully removed by Disney.

So what if the TSI tree house is removed? How many guests can actually climb it's stairs or even enter it anymore. Those stairs are really narrow and the door is very small. It is very much a little kid (5-8 year old) thing that could be made a lot safer and more fun. At least the Indians were packed away for later and not thrown in the trash but I would still like to see new actuated Indians. A new fort will food service is a great idea. I wish they would bring back the guns though.

Are we really suppose to believe that Disney would not engineer plans for new railroad section that the trains were not designed to handle it? However, Miceage's s-curves might provide a problem for the trains if their plans were real. I'm surprised their isn't a loop.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom