Star Wars: The Acolyte

TP2000

The number on Rotten Tomatoes changed again.

Is the current 14% even better than the 18% it had last week? Lower is better, right?

Lower Is Beter, Right.jpg

Willmark

Ok…I’ll take a shot:

What is “a thought out beginning, middle and end to the story and one or two characters that make you cheer.”, Alex?
Very good point. Just who are you supposed to be cheering for here? It’s certainly not the Jedi with how they are being portrayed. The Witches?

I suppose it’s to be expected with subverting expectations and all.

Last edited:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
It was what 25ish minutes long? And I fell asleep twice. The last like 3 or 4 minutes had promise but it felt like another episode that was too slow to move things along. We have only 8 episodes total, they need to be more impactful with the time they have in my opinion.
I had to FF through it…it was predictable where it was going from the start.

And how in hell do you spend $25,000,000 on a 25 minute episode shot without physical sets using a digital stage you own?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Very good point. Just who are you supposed to be cheering for here? It’s certainly not the Jedi with how they are being portrayed. The Wiches?

I suppose it’s to be expected with subverting expectations and all.
Subverting longterm appeal and revenue is working like it’s being taught by a masterclass at this point.

It reminds me of an episode of cheers where a group of rich guys would gamble/bet on things trying to lose to see how much money they’d waste?

That’s the management of TWDC these days…walking through their forest with a can of gas and a torch

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
It was what 25ish minutes long? And I fell asleep twice. The last like 3 or 4 minutes had promise but it felt like another episode that was too slow to move things along. We have only 8 episodes total, they need to be more impactful with the time they have in my opinion.

I think that the last 43 seconds was meant to be what would draw you back for the next episode. IMHO its just as poor of a choice as the "Wookie in the woods vignette". See wookie walking, see wookie cooking dinner (first real onscreen routine task of the series), see same space witch tattoo pattern thats on Mae's forehead on wookie wall, see dead wookie. So why exactly did they even include the wookie ?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I think that the last 43 seconds was meant to be what would draw you back for the next episode. IMHO its just as poor of a choice as the "Wookie in the woods vignette". See wookie walking, see wookie cooking dinner (first real onscreen routine task of the series), see same space witch tattoo pattern thats on Mae's forehead on wookie wall, see dead wookie. So why exactly did they even include the wookie ?
It’s ridiculous

Star Wars is character driven and that’s why it lasted/resonated.

It was not the 1980 version of transformers…

So not developing characters to try and make everything “mysterious”…and failing at it left and right…just doesn’t fit.

Just a complete lack of understanding That’s becoming comical

erasure fan1

I had to FF through it…it was predictable where it was going from the start.

And how in hell do you spend $25,000,000 on a 25 minute episode shot without physical sets using a digital stage you own?
As this has progressed, I'm wondering more and more where this 180 mil budget went. I'm not saying it's bad, but in no way I am seeing that large of budget being needed.
It was not the 1980 version of transformers
Hey! Watch it! Don't you knock my G1 Transformers!
:cool:

MoonRakerSCM

Lemme guess, an episode where nothing really happened and the story was not furthered in any meaningful manner. By the end you're mostly just wondering why it was a stand alone episode during an 8 eppy show being it was a waste of time?

Wendy Pleakley

Where did I say all?

And are you really denying that on this board posters have said (paraphrasing): “people say they want better Star Wars but can’t say what it is”

I gave a concrete example.

That what? Star Wars fans want Luke Skywalker?

Barring a recast, that's not happening. Using special effects to do the cameo was a cool moment, but nothing more.

Some fans can't let the past go and just want more and more of the same. Not all.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom