Star Wars: The Acolyte

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
I'm sure there's plenty of people who like her. She has a big following on social media. But there are a lot of people who think she is smug and pretty unlikable. And that was the answer to the question asked. Why does the captain marvel movie get so much flack. After her poop show of a press tour for captain marvel, I didn't like her either.
I still like her. And I liked Captain Marvel. And I'm looking forward to The Marvels.

erasure fan1

I still like her. And I liked Captain Marvel. And I'm looking forward to The Marvels.
I'm not sure anyone said you couldn't like her. It was about why people hate on the movie. This came from an interview. So even she knows the movie took heat because of her.
"How long will you play Captain Marvel?" Variety asked Larson, prompting a wry response: "I don't know. Does anyone want me to do it again?"
I liked captain marvel as well. I wouldn't put it in my best of all time mcu films but I still enjoyed it. Especially Talos and Fury. That's great if you're all in on Brie. But there's a lot who aren't, and that could have an effect on the marvels.

erasure fan1

It could. But the thing that made Brie grate with some was on full display before Captain Marvel and that only hurt the review bombings, but not the box office.
Yes the box office was good because they billed it as a must watch before endgame. So I'll be really interested in how this does with no event film for it to lead into.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Well that was fast....

We'll see if it turns out to be true, as it comes from that not always so accurate "Doom C**k".

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Original Poster
Well that was fast....

We'll see if it turns out to be true, as it comes from that not always so accurate "Doom C**k".
Doomcork's source is "filmmaker" Kamran Pasha, whose IMDB page shows he has no connection to Disney and has had no production credits since 2019.

Doomcork/Kamran has been peddling this "leak" since... FEBRUARY.

See this video. Actually, don't give it the click, but for the lulz, read the summary...
9,912 views - Feb 9, 2023 - Filmmaker Kamran Pasha shares information from sources inside Disney/Lucasfilm who tell him that the Leslye Headland Star Wars Acolyte project is DOA and that Headland and Kathleen Kennedy are propping the project up with their own money and lying to industry press in order to coerce Disney into funding the project. He also gives more information about major shakeups in the once solid company.​

Typical Kathleen Kennedy derangement syndrome. Hilarious scenario that KK can unilaterally keep this alive with her own money and what? Hide it from Disney's film's president and CEO? And who is trying to kill the project and has the authority to do so other than Disney's film's president and the CEO? Do they think KK is portalling into a Disney Board meeting cackling, "You can try all you want to kill this project, but you can't!! I will manifest it!!!"

Since February, it's been confirmed that Acolyte is still on. If it wasn't still on, it would have been disappeared like Rangers of the New Republic.

This isn't reality, it's a sitcom invented by a self-deluded echo chamber.

doctornick

Doomcork's source is "filmmaker" Kamran Pasha, whose IMDB page shows he has no connection to Disney and has had no production credits since 2019.

See this video. Actually, don't give it the click, but for the lulz, read the summary...
9,912 views - Feb 9, 2023 - Filmmaker Kamran Pasha shares information from sources inside Disney/Lucasfilm who tell him that the Leslye Headland Star Wars Acolyte project is DOA and that Headland and Kathleen Kennedy are propping the project up with their own money and lying to industry press in order to coerce Disney into funding the project. He also gives more information about major shakeups in the once solid company.​

Typical Kathleen Kennedy derangement syndrome. Hilarious scenario that KK can unilaterally keep this alive with her own money and what? Hide it from Disney's film's president and CEO? And who is trying to kill the project and has the authority to do so other than Disney's film's president and the CEO? Do they think KK is portalling into a Disney Board meeting cackling, "You can try all you want to kill this project, but you can't!! I will manifest it!!!"

Since February, it's been confirmed that Acolyte is still on. If it wasn't still on, it would have been disappeared like Rangers of the New Republic.

I was wondering because this seems totally out there given that it is planning to release next year and is in some stage of filming if not already filmed. I mean anything is possible but it feels unlikely this would be the SW project most likely to be cut unlike one of the movies

Disney Irish

Premium Member

Yeah, that is why I said we'll see if it comes true. I only posted it because GFR reported on it.

EPCOT-O.G.

I dunno. They featured Headlynd at the SW confab a few months ago, and I think I just saw a “first trans actor in a Star Wars production” story yesterday?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I dunno. They featured Headlynd at the SW confab a few months ago, and I think I just saw a “first trans actor in a Star Wars production” story yesterday?
…I used to automatically believe people with jobs aren’t this stupid.

Gave that up long ago

Jedi
Zen like religion
Pilots
Dogfights
Armies
Conflict
Swashbuckling

Star….WARS. !!

this isn’t hard

erasure fan1

There’s probably like…zero percent chance a Star Wars production got scrapped, right?

Just no chance of that at tall.
Personally I'll believe a star wars project is actually coming out, when I see a trailer and the marketing push. I don't think overlord dvd has some sort of inside info. It's more I think they're playing the, well lucasfilm has cancelled more projects than they've released, so odds are in our favor for a win, card. If you are a vlogger, and want to say you have "inside" info, claiming you know that a lucasfilm project has been scrapped, is a good bet. You probably have a 70% chance of being right. Lol

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Personally I'll believe a star wars project is actually coming out, when I see a trailer and the marketing push. I don't think overlord dvd has some sort of inside info. It's more I think they're playing the, well lucasfilm has cancelled more projects than they've released, so odds are in our favor for a win, card. If you are a vlogger, and want to say you have "inside" info, claiming you know that a lucasfilm project has been scrapped, is a good bet. You probably have a 70% chance of being right. Lol
Agree totally

They’re banking on that this just seems to be another in a string of bad ideas

Never doubted Ahsoka would get made

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom